Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Mattwings everything is cool. Had it not been, the opportunity would not have been offered to me or passed along to you. He’s smart enough to know the do’s and don’ts. Had it been a couple months ago it may have been different, but everything is fine now.
Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have driven the newer versions, wanting a Jeep with better ride and handling than my TJ. I found them still too "rough edged" to enjoy on the third world MI roads. I also found and continued to find the seating position, visibility and general interior comfort isn't right for my wife and I to enjoy using for road trips and adventures longer than a couple of hours. The Bronco will hopefully bridge the gap between my awesome, but huge F150 and my old beloved Jeep!
I too own a TJ, 2004 X with a 4.0. It is in really good shape and a hell of allot of fun to drive. I am torn as to whether I will keep it once I get my Bronco or sell it.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From the BroncoNation website:

Bronco rides at KoH:
Wed,2/3: 9am-1:30pm and 3:30-5pm
Thursday-Saturday: 9am-5pm.

Guess we will get reports next week. (y)
That’s the only times we can get a ride? that sucks!

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey! Be nice! Comparing Michigan Football (I'm a grad) to the Bronco is like comparing your first wife to your second (Current) wife.
As a Buckeye, this... 100%. (My 2nd wife is also an Ohio State grad)

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Agreed re the engine. My ONLY worry about the 2.3 (as opposed to the 2.7) is the carbon buildup stuff as I plan to drive my Bronco into the ground. Good to hear the smaller engine appears to be very much sufficient. Thx for the review, @Mattwings
I haven't been in Ford-land too terribly long, but coming from Vw/Audi land forever, I wouldn't worry *too* much about the carbon buildup. It's a known issue on the GTI I have, and while nothing really prevents the buildup, the best way to keep it from happening is to just drive the ever-loving piss out of it. other than that, just gotta pull the manifold off every 75k and clean it.

Aftermarket catch cans are also a thing, so there's lots of options to mitigate the problem

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco rides at KoH:

Where did you see this? I looked on their website but didn’t see those dates and times listed anywhere? Can you link it?

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronco rides at KoH:

Rides are not drives....there is a very distinct difference and if you have followed the release no one has given any driving impressions so far and no press has been allowed to drive.

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't been in Ford-land too terribly long, but coming from Vw/Audi land forever, I wouldn't worry *too* much about the carbon buildup. It's a known issue on the GTI I have, and while nothing really prevents the buildup, the best way to keep it from happening is to just drive the ever-loving piss out of it. other than that, just gotta pull the manifold off every 75k and clean it.

Aftermarket catch cans are also a thing, so there's lots of options to mitigate the problem
I appreciate those insights - I've not had that type of engine in any of my vehicles so this is a new one for me if I go 2.3 instead of 2.7. I'm one of the relatively few here concerned about MPG, so the 2.3 should help in that area.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I appreciate those insights - I've not had that type of engine in any of my vehicles so this is a new one for me if I go 2.3 instead of 2.7. I'm one of the relatively few here concerned about MPG, so the 2.3 should help in that area.
I would realistically expect 15-18 mpg on an unmodified bronco, coming from a Jeep. Anything over that would be a plus.

Sponsored

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I remember too. That would surprise me.
I just looked it up: Car and Driver Magazine, New 2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew 4x4 2.3 Turbo/10 speed auto (Weight 4,536): Zero to 60 in 6.5 secs, quarter mile 15.0 secs at 93 mph. 1970 Boss 302 (Various sources): Zero to 60 from 6.6 secs to 8.0 secs, quarter mile 14.9 secs at 93 mph to 16.0 secs at 90 mph. Judge, I rest my case.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was concerned too (at first), but I snuck over to a dealer a month before I ordered to tried out a ranger with the same 2.3L engine, and was 100% satisfied with the power levels. It also completely sealed the deal against a Tacoma which I was also entertaining, as the 3.5L in that thing is the most gutless engine ever made.

That and i figure if the power levels start to annoy me, there's always some fairly conservative tunes for the 2.3L that are pushing it to 320-330 hp and nearly 400tq. Tuning on FI engines is the best thing since sliced bread.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think Ford is going to do anything about it. It didn't come from a professional journalist and anyone from the competition is just going to write it off (no offense OP). All that happened here was that a few more people got excited for the car, which is only ever a good thing. If anything, that friendly fellow may get some privileges revoked, strictly because Ford more than likely has no insurance of non-Ford employees driving pre-production cars.

My company has a similar insurance policy, because insurance isn't cheap for big business. Nobody is allowed in our vehicles unless they are an employee of the company.
I believe Ford still self insures, don't ask how I know that :oops:

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the record I am getting between 22 & 23 on the 2.3 that is in my Explorer for work. That is mixed Hwy/City. I only have about 1,000 miles on it so it may increase a bit after a bit more break in.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Rides are not drives....there is a very distinct difference and if you have followed the release no one has given any driving impressions so far and no press has been allowed to drive.
What is this thread about? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Sponsored