First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CT6, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who are these dawgs? Do you mean dogs? Mississippi State maybe? I like their coach.
Oh .... I believe you know. The same Dawgs who, although they lost, should've won both the Natty and SEC Championships when they led Bama for 119 of 120 minutes. But all props and much respect to last year's Bama team - well deserved Natty. And I am a Saban fan, and all Dawgs are thrilled to have lured Kirby away from Bama and back home to Athens where he belongs. And of course, it goes without saying, SEC pulls for SEC. We Dawgs hate those Gators, but we'd still root for them against non-SEC teams. I do admit to being glad we won't have to see Mac Jones, Najee Harris, Waddle & Devonta anymore! Not really an NFL fan anymore, but I wish the Falcons or Cowboys could get some of them! If I were you, I'd be most worried about this coming year's Dawgs than any other team in the SEC. I guarantee you - we'll see you in the SEC Championship!

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for the report! Any chance you got to take a peek at the mpg calculator? Obviously a hard disclaimer of ymmv is needed, and no worries if you don't want to give that info away to protect your buddy. Gravel roads and being in 4A would lower it, but not going over 55 mph would help it.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fuel economy is a concern yet not a deal breaker. As you have said, the 2.3 seems to have good power and for general use will probably be fine. However, I want to to my sxs and small trailer and think I will miss the power and torque of my '15 xterra 4.0. If 2.7 fuel economy is no worse I will be happy. Reports from people around here about Rangers are that working the 2.3 hard results in poor fuel mpg. And yes old v8's are cool but even the 2.3 will probably run the pants off ofthe '72 bronco 302 I had.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the report! Any chance you got to take a peek at the mpg calculator? Obviously a hard disclaimer of ymmv is needed, and no worries if you don't want to give that info away to protect your buddy. Gravel roads and being in 4A would lower it, but not going over 55 mph would help it.
My son gets 22 all around driving in his Ranger. Bronco likely a bit lower?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would bet considering the gear ratios. But, the transmission might make up for it.
Having spent time with the 2.3 in the Ranger and the 2.7 in the F150, my educated guess is both will take about a 10% hit in mixed driving, leaving the Bronco around 20/21 with the 2.3 and 19/20 with the 2.7. It's funny how consistent our trucks are when we drive the same places/speeds, not a bunch, but three trips and always 10% between them. They are surprisingly close in a drag race too, understand the Ranger is lighter, but the gearing is close with my 3.55 to his 3.73. I would say the Ranger and f150 5.0 (2016) would be about dead even 0-75 or so. I "rag raced "both with my 2.7 F150.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh .... I believe you know. The same Dawgs who, although they lost, should've won both the Natty and SEC Championships when they led Bama for 119 of 120 minutes. But all props and much respect to last year's Bama team - well deserved Natty. And I am a Saban fan, and all Dawgs are thrilled to have lured Kirby away from Bama and back home to Athens where he belongs. And of course, it goes without saying, SEC pulls for SEC. We Dawgs hate those Gators, but we'd still root for them against non-SEC teams. I do admit to being glad we won't have to see Mac Jones, Najee Harris, Waddle & Devonta anymore! Not really an NFL fan anymore, but I wish the Falcons or Cowboys could get some of them! If I were you, I'd be most worried about this coming year's Dawgs than any other team in the SEC. I guarantee you - we'll see you in the SEC Championship!
:cry:!!

So heavy handed there, but my feelings. :ROFLMAO:

All in fun brother. I'm 100% Southern and SEC all the way. Of course, our little Sister is a pest (Cow College and West Georgia Water Boys), but since you guys hate them too, Georgia and Alabama should be friends.

How we do miss Kirby; great guy, great coach.

See you at SEC Championship, and one day hopefully out on some of these trails. I see lots of Bronco meet ups, trail runs, conferences, bar crawls, corals, and tailgates in the future. We can put these Corvette clubs to shame for sure!

Sean492

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang Boss 302 and 2011 Ford F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember too. That would surprise me.
As I have said before, I bet a 2.3 auto 4 dr Bronco is faster 0 to 60 than a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang. I am old enough to know.
I would be surprised as well,check out number 20...https://motor-junkie.com/rankings-ford-mustangs-by-their-0-60-times/2673/7/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=fbads&utm_campaign=25-fastest-ford-mustangs-by-0-60-times+-+Android&utm_content=23846761248750019&fbclid=IwAR3KRhYLKUZSElDM0JfvssMZN76M_7kzODwp5RJfj-uN1BgTnvhqwZUpKws

Sponsored

Demoncleaner

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave 6 speed
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fuel economy is a concern yet not a deal breaker. As you have said, the 2.3 seems to have good power and for general use will probably be fine. However, I want to to my sxs and small trailer and think I will miss the power and torque of my '15 xterra 4.0. If 2.7 fuel economy is no worse I will be happy. Reports from people around here about Rangers are that working the 2.3 hard results in poor fuel mpg. And yes old v8's are cool but even the 2.3 will probably run the pants off ofthe '72 bronco 302 I had.
I like the Nissan 4.0 for sure, but the 2.3 makes better power and the auto transmission is light years ahead of that Nissan. You won’t miss it at all...

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took it down for fear of getting someone in trouble. That would be very upsetting to me and not my intent.
I was pretty shocked an FMC employee let you drive it, let alone give THE FIRST drive review. Seriously, what did you think was going to happen? Whomever it was is most likely going to be pretty f'd. Hopefully not.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Similar to my F150 and better than I expected, but it had steps, so kind of hard to know how it would be without.
Were the steps actually usable or did they just get the back of your pant legs dirty?

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The horsepower between nissan 4.0 and 2.3 is the same but from but i have found torque numbers are quite a bit different. need to drive a ranger to see for myself.
Sponsored