First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My time was limited and I was pretty overwhelmed trying to take it all in, but my initial thought was, my daughter could jump in this and be comfortable driving immediately. Thats with 35' tires and a lift! Much better driving/seating than my Jeep, blind spots didn't jump out at me, but I was bedazzled.
Man, even being a 4 door, I can't believe 35 foot tires didn't rub in the middle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was planning on the 2.7 V6, but when I found out that my build did not include the 10 speed Auto, I dropped it. I went out and test drove a Ranger 2.3 and a Edge ST 2.7. I couldn’t feel $1895 difference.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going through this thread I noticed some football talk.

As an Ohio State graduate I think it is cute when other Big Ten schools start talking football. Everyone out there trying to claim who should be #2.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was pretty shocked an FMC employee let you drive it, let alone give THE FIRST drive review. Seriously, what did you think was going to happen? Whomever it was is most likely going to be pretty f'd. Hopefully not.

As an Ohio State graduate I think it is cute when other Big Ten schools start talking football. Everyone out there trying to claim who should be #2.
I lived in Columbus and went to a lot of games at the Shoe. I was told I would end up a fan or a hater as a local resident...how did it turn out? Not a fan ? BTW, MI is the winningest college football program of all time (I am not a MI fan either and it’s all good).

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I lived in Columbus and went to a lot of games at the Shoe. I was told I would end up a fan or a hater as a local resident...how did it turn out? Not a fan ? BTW, MI is the winningest college football program of all time (I am not a MI fan either and it’s all good).
I have heard that. Buckeye fans can be a bit much most of the time.

I was a student there during the Cooper years. It was painful.

It's all good. I'm not one of those obnoxious Buckeye fans. In fact I don't know how to take it. I am first and above everything else a Browns fan. Season ticket holder. I'm not sure how to root for a team that anything less than winning it all is a let down. On Saturday I feel like one of those arrogant Patriot fans and it feels icky. If I miss a Buckeye game on TV, no big deal. Come Sunday it gets real. I'm either at the game or glued to a TV.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have heard that. Buckeye fans can be a bit much most of the time.

I was a student there during the Cooper years. It was painful.

It's all good. I'm not one of those obnoxious Buckeye fans. In fact I don't know how to take it. I am first and above everything else a Browns fan. Season ticket holder. I'm not sure how to root for a team that anything less than winning it all is a let down. On Saturday I feel like one of those arrogant Patriot fans and it feels icky. If I miss a Buckeye game on TV, no big deal. Come Sunday it gets real. I'm either at the game or glued to a TV.
Actual alumni I get, it’s my buddies who went to Ohio University or Kent State or wherever that are so die hard that I can’t figure out ? I am a Spartan because that’s where my kids and some of my money goes and a Chippewa Alumni.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actual alumni I get, it’s my buddies who went to Ohio University or Kent State or wherever that are so die hard that I can’t figure out ? I am a Spartan because that’s where my kids and some of my money goes and a Chippewa Alumni.
Partied my ass off at both OU and Kent with friends that went there from high school. Yes they are all Buckeye fans too. My brother had a full ride at Eastern Michigan. Offensive guard. Ypsilanti sucks from my visits there but I do love me some MAC football.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My work car is a 2017 Fusion (got it Nov 2016) with the 2.0 ecoboost and it currently has 112,000 miles on it with zero driveline problems. In fact, my company has spent less than $500 in repairs on it (tracked in spreadsheet) of the last four years and change. It has averaged just under 25 MPG lifetime (mostly highway at 75ish). The engine still takes of like a scalded ape and easily runs with the V6 Taurus others drives. My only complaint is the wastegate vibration under acceleration. It makes the engine sound cheap and I get a little embarrassed explaining to others when asked what the vibration is all about (google ecoboost wastegate vibration if you're curious). I promise you that this comment will ring a bell when it happens to you, lol. It's a normal noise for the engine and N/A V8- V6 people are not used to hearing it. The Fusion weighs around 3500 pounds and I keep another 200 lbs in gear in the truck. I don't think you guys will have any issues with the 2.3, should you go that route. I am opting for the V6 as I plan to tow near max rating on an occasional basis (since I am giving up a truck bed).

Last edited:

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TY very much I ordered a 2.3 BD 4 DOOR
ALSO PPL READ THE DAYUMNNNNN POSTS STOP ASKING THIS GENTLEMAN The SAME QUESTIONS TWICE .

Sponsored

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Mattwings just a word of encouragement. it would be disappointing to hear that Ford punished your friend.

Your report of the driving experience of the 2.3L is what is keeping me from cancelling my reservation. I’ve got a few kids and have to do four door if I do it. I originally wanted 2.7 but once I saw B&P bug was understating costs and that my whole package was going to push me to near $47K I just began to think I couldn’t afford to do the package I wanted. Then I just got second thoughts all around.

your report got me thinking of the 2.3L as a reasonable compromise that wasn’t sacrificing too much power. I could build a cheaper bronco around a manual 2.3L 4door. So I’m back “in” because of your friend’s generous preview and your report.

I hope Ford understands that they have a great hit on their hands and this kind of “buzz” acts to counter the bad vibes from late deliveries, B&P bugs, missing options, etc

best
JD
Agree

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Paging @MadMan4BamaNATL ;)

Daltonm33

Base
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having spent time with the 2.3 in the Ranger and the 2.7 in the F150, my educated guess is both will take about a 10% hit in mixed driving, leaving the Bronco around 20/21 with the 2.3 and 19/20 with the 2.7. It's funny how consistent our trucks are when we drive the same places/speeds, not a bunch, but three trips and always 10% between them. They are surprisingly close in a drag race too, understand the Ranger is lighter, but the gearing is close with my 3.55 to his 3.73. I would say the Ranger and f150 5.0 (2016) would be about dead even 0-75 or so. I "rag raced "both with my 2.7 F150.
I think my single cab short bed 2018 f150 would take both lol ?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Ohio Flake! Come on man, stop picking on Michigan and Michigan State while they're down, they'll pick it back up.

As for y'all, the nerve playing us for a national championship after only a 6 game season..... Gave your boys a little extra whooping for our Wolverine Brothers!

Please don't talk college football, Audi, or Jeep, thems my triggers! :oops: :oops: :oops:!!!!

Therapist says anyway..... I don't like her so much. ?
Sponsored