First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE , 18 Expedition Max Ltd
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Had they not told you, not likely you'd ever know it happened. They were honest enough to tell you about it. I wouldn't be worried about it.
Thats probably true, I still haven't been able to inspect it though, so I am hoping that the damage was minimal. They said that it was too much damage for PDR, and had to be fixed with bondo and repainted. I will hopefully feel better about the whole situation once I see it in person.

Yes first-world problems, I get it. I just wanted to let the group know that there was another FE damaged in shipping.
Sponsored

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trust me, I wish I was kidding.

My sales guy basically told me that I would have to be an idiot to walk away from it for such a small amount of damage. We are good like that, its like my 5th Ford with him.

I just wish that I had pictures of what the damage looked like before they got it fixed.

bronco4.jpg

bronco3.jpg

bronco2.jpg

bronco1.jpg
The damage sounds minor, if the fix was quality then I see no reason to pass on it. They did their job and got it fixed right away. They were probably waiting to have the hood fixed before notifying you it was ready for pickup.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, I'd just take it in an intentional custom direction. Fix the metalwork on the A-pillar. Get the A pillar and roll bar painted black. Require a FoMoCo windshield. Get signed dealer agreement for first dibs on a black painted modular top for free. Have a wicked cool modded FE and rock out.

The VB with Blacktop and black-matched ridergraphics would be so nice on an FE.

Or replace all the black with White above if that's your style.

snakeyes

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco "Billy" Wildtrac, Sasquatch A10
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe that fix will show on CarFax which diminishes your vehicle worth drastically-however the vehicle is already worth probably $20K over in this overinflated market - so if you can get it for a discount - under sticker I would have it fixed then turn around and sell it (disclosure of the damage of course) and maybe pocket $10K, maybe…

then go buy yourself a Jeep or 4Runner and put some money in the wife’s bank account 🤣🤣🤣

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really, how so?

I wait 15+ months for a vehicle and the seemingly simplest part of the process gets messed up that's beyond my control?

Yes, I am anal when it comes to my vehicles, but this is a limited edition vehicle and part of maintaining its value is keeping it in good condition. That was now taken away and there is no recourse. They cant replace the vehicle, they cant replace the hood, it is damaged goods.

Don't bother responding please, just giving some background.
Based on your reasoning I assume you are going to put your limited edition bronco in a garage and never use it? God forbid anything happen to it.

Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Based on your reasoning I assume you are going to put your limited edition bronco in a garage and never use it? God forbid anything happen to it.
I think the OP is right to be pissed. When you buy something and pay $1500 for shipping you expect it to be as advertised. I am happy the damage was cosmetic and irrelevant in the long run, but still annoying. The vehicles that get shipped on the lower part of a transport can sometimes be really close to touching the ceiling, or the floor of the second level. I saw one the other day that looked like a vehicle was going to get destroyed before reaching the dealer.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the OP is right to be pissed. When you buy something and pay $1500 for shipping you expect it to be as advertised. I am happy the damage was cosmetic and irrelevant in the long run, but still annoying. The vehicles that get shipped on the lower part of a transport can sometimes be really close to touching the ceiling, or the floor of the second level. I saw one the other day that looked like a vehicle was going to get destroyed before reaching the dealer.
Totally get that, and get that discount that they are giving you. Hell ask for more.

just comes across wrong when it’s your first post on the forum and this is your intro.
Sponsored