Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Listen, this sucks, I get it. No one wants to get a damaged vehicle.

Let's stop acting like they're just slinging these things around like they don't give a sh!t. Over 99.9% of vehicles get to destination unharmed and even that is unacceptable to both the auto makers and the major shippers.

I'm sitting in the largest rail car repair facility in NA right now and a full third of their work is tearing down and rebuilding auto racks. Why do we do this? To ensure that vehicles are delivered safely from the factory to the auto ramps.

Just heard about a load of 24 GMC Pickups damaged in transit and believe me the consequences for the employee involved is severe.

The difference here is that these are customer built orders. Normally stuff like this happens and the dealer just gets a priority rebuild from the factory, the shipper reimburses the manufacturer, and the vehicle is sold at auction so the shipper can recoup what they can out of it. Can't do that when someone already has a vin and build sheet in hand.
I think, for me anyways, it's the combo of damaged cars which agreed is inevitable, lack of tracking unless your dealer gives you the rail info, and the timing of deliveries (I'm one state over and have a month long wait but I see Texas/Cali/Canada/Florida deliveries take half the time). I get it not much can be done with transparency as it's in the shipping companies hands (and shortage of drivers is rough) but maybe think out something earlier on for more visibility? Half of us don't even get emails of built/shipped...

"Listen to me while I stand in my high horse!" Haha

Nonetheless I'm still pumped!
Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a pain. Sorry this happened.

If it won't show up on the car's history report then I would just have them fix it and throw in a discount and/or extended warranty. At least you'll get a brand new top and windshield. 🤷‍♂️

ThePiper

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is that Raptor offer at MSRP?

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I understand the frustration, I do, but it's pretty minor. This happened before it's been titled or registered so nothing will show anywhere, before that date it doesn't exist.

I work in the vehicle upffitng business, you have no idea the amount of transportation and lot damage that happens, it's actually kind of crazy. We had a brand new F-250 21 miles on it that came to us before the dealer did any PDI. I was looking the truck over and noticed sloppy paint work, looked closer it was the entire driver side of the truck. Turns out it came out of a pool from another upfitter where it had been hit with a forklift in the yard, new fender, doors and repair of bed side. None of this was mentioned to the selling dealer, so they were real interested in back tracking it. but regular transport damage that's minor like this happens all the time.

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeez, what in the hell is wrong with the people that ship the Broncos? There are just too many of these threads popping up. Sorry to see this Rob. If it were me I would let 'em fix it, then decide where to go from there. If it's fixed correctly I'd drive that baby home, and enjoy it. Good luck on your decision.
The only reason it seems like this happens a lot is all the Broncos are already spoken for. Normally it just gets fixed in the back without the end consumer knowing. Can't get away with that with an individual order.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know, that's what I'm concerned with. I didn't even drive it yet and it already has the Carfax black eye!
There won’t be a Carfax.

The vehicle is not titled yet.
The Dealer’s Body Shop will fix it under an in-house or internal ticket
No Insurance Report will be filed.

If this happened on Dirt Mountain, you would have never known because the MAP Specialty Shop would have fixed it. No difference than the Dealer fixing it now.

You think the Dealer is going to tell the next buyer if you take the F150 Raptor? I don’t think so

Now if you‘re so upset over the damage then Counter Off by saying you’ll take the F150 Raptor and you also want an order for a Bronco Raptor. When the Bronco Raptor arrives then you promise that you either trade in the F150 Raptor or let them sell the Bronco if you prefer the F150 better.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude get the raptor!

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think, for me anyways, it's the combo of damaged cars which agreed is inevitable, lack of tracking unless your dealer gives you the rail info, and the timing of deliveries (I'm one state over and have a month long wait but I see Texas/Cali/Canada/Florida deliveries take half the time). I get it not much can be done with transparency as it's in the shipping companies hands (and shortage of drivers is rough) but maybe think out something earlier on for more visibility? Half of us don't even get emails of built/shipped...

"Listen to me while I stand in my high horse!" Haha

Nonetheless I'm still pumped!

Like I said, damaged vehicles suck, but you just listed off a bunch of issues that are in no way related to each other.

You're in a weird spot if you're only 1 state over. Definitely not going by rail and probably looking at needing a driver to make an overnight run whereas rail served customers the driver can handle 2 or 3 deliveries a day. That makes things harder.

As far as shipping info/tracking, that's all provided to Ford, it's up to them to decide whether or not to share it with you. The shipper doesn't have your info.

Overall, these supply chain issues are going to get a lot worse before they get better. I'd recommend you do your Christmas Shopping now.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only reason it seems like this happens a lot is all the Broncos are already spoken for. Normally it just gets fixed in the back without the end consumer knowing. Can't get away with that with an individual order.

Well now, that makes perfect sense to me Kenneth. Thanks, I'm feeling much better now. :)

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thast does suck, that's shipping..not ford...but its not bad damage, get it fixed and sell it if you are not happy.... for 40k above what you paid and buy something else. Raptor..

USMCRaider

Wildtrak
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After waiting very patiently for months, years - I finally got the call the my FE Bronco arrived. BUT, my rep said, it was damaged. Basically, the windshield frame, windshield and front portion of the roof were all damaged. Probably rode on the bottom level during transport. Maybe the car above was bouncing up and down, maybe it was mine. Maybe the driver drove it a little too far when loading it? I don't know but I am VERY DISAPPOINTED. I don't mind the windshield or even the top being replaced, since that's easy enough but the damage to the windshield frame is really depressing.

The three options my dealer gave me:

1. We'll fix it and you can buy it - Unclear what the vehicle history will be and quite honestly it doesn't feel like the new car feeling I was hoping for. I'll also need to sign a disclosure doc since the damage exceeded a certain % of MSRP.
  2. Walk away - I'm sure the dealer would love this one.
  3. Take a replacement F-150 Raptor - Not even close for an alternative. Apparently, they can't build anymore FE Bronco's (maybe true?), but not even offering me a Bronco replacement, just an F150. I confirmed w/ the dealer that they meant F150 and not the Bronco Raptor.

Ford needs to fix these delivery issues and take better care of these vehicles.

123_1.JPEG
123_1 (1).JPEG
That hurts me just looking at the pictures. Sorry about this.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The windshield header, hopefully they can get behind and get the dent out.

The top they can probably replace the one panel, or maybe ask them to paint the top Wimbledon White …

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm in the same boat as all 5 of my BD alum wheels arrived with a Significant gash in the metal....most likely from the device putting on the tire. Ford replaced all 5.

I'd be hesitant to accept that MIC top....have Ford replace it - as there is ZERO history with cosmetic repairs on that item. Metalwork should fix up OK
Sponsored