First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond 2022 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That was a badass real life vid!! Great job. I know I can remove mine solo now in about 10 minutes.
Sponsored

Tanman

Black Diamond
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the video.

Aren't the bags for the doors??
On the 2 door the bags are for the roof panels. Not enough room in back to fit the doors.

Tanman

Black Diamond
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am planning on getting this:

https://topliftpros.com/

It is not cheap but after years of having 2 door Jeeps this will work well for me. In the summer I will use the bimini canvas top as a backup if I get caught in rain unexpectedly.

They said the plan to release a Bronco version around Black Friday weekend.

I might consider a soft top is someone creates a true, full soft top vs the bestop version which I am not a fan of.
For a grand I'll just buy some pulleys at home depot or use a couple made for bicycle storage. Maybe cost $100.

clyde

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Super helpful, thanks for sharing this!

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video. Appreciate you kept in all the gotchas. Looks straightforward. 2 people would make it simpler for the removal especially for a 4dr. Impact driver will help!

Sponsored

Jerr51498

Big Bend
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This weekend I took my top off all by myself for the first time. If you're still waiting for you bronco and wondering how hard/easy it is. I made a video doing it.

And if you want to see me put it back on.... here's today's video of me doing just that.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ronco-hard-top-by-yourself.26955/#post-930675

Great video! I've had 2 Jeeps with hardtops and know better than to take it off myself. I will buy a hoist for my garage. Easier and storage also. Hoping I can use the same hoist I have for my Jeep.
Had the sunrider soft top for my 2019 Jeep and hated it. Hated the look with it down, and even harder to take completely off than a hardtop.

Can't wait to get my Eruption Green, Base, Sas, 2.7 Just ordered on the 28th so I know I have a long time to wait! Gives me time to put away more cash!!! (And I'm 68!!!)

MedicJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This weekend I took my top off all by myself for the first time. If you're still waiting for you bronco and wondering how hard/easy it is. I made a video doing it.

And if you want to see me put it back on.... here's today's video of me doing just that.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ronco-hard-top-by-yourself.26955/#post-930675

I think the four door version would be a little lighter for the cargo section, but on safety side of it probably best to remove with two people.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the four door version would be a little lighter for the cargo section, but on safety side of it probably best to remove with two people.
Oh yes 2 people for sure. I just wanted to see if I could do it.

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

TheShu

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple Toys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dont have my Bronco yet, do have a '73 Scout II.. That top is solid metal and heavy.

Takes a bit of work up front, but a cheap(ish) weight-rated electronic winch hung from the roof (hung from steel bar, mounted across 4 of the rafters), and a quick/simple 2X4 cradle for the top with a D-ring in the center makes it a one-person, few minute job on or off, and stores the top out of the way for us. The additional straps you see in the ceiling are just to stop sway/rotation as I leave the top up there for storage. (I'll be adding in addtional ones up front to cover in case the winch ever fails while up). Total investment was <$500

I'm using ratchet straps to tie roof to cradle, hooks would work better and look cleaner, but I didnt have good hook points on the scout top. Center strap is only annoyance point, as cannot attach til after roof off truck since roll bars are in way. I lift top off with front and back strap, move truck, lower top to add third strap, then send up to the ceiling... All push button, no real effort required.

That said, as many people have said in similar threads, make sure your garage roof can handle it and you mount the winch wisely.

-Shu

Scout1.jpg

ScoutII.jpg
Sponsored