Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Before Delivery:

I look forward to sharing my entire Granger delivery experience happening today, but thought I would get started with some tips for those traveling in. I didn't want to crowd the day of thread with this stuff, but shoot me any questions if I can help.

My dad and I drove in from Chicago on Sunday the 11th. About a 5 hour ride, plus the requisite stop at the world's largest truck stop on I80.
Ford Bronco My Granger Delivery - Before and After IMG_2924

For anyone spending the night before, we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Urbandale, about 15 min from the dealership. Nice place, $99 a night
Ford Bronco My Granger Delivery - Before and After july04hgiurbandale_fa7389f15351b64ad56f219530fd03c9

If you haven't been to the Des Moines area before, I highly recommend a stop at Rube's Steakhouse in Waukee. We have been going there for 10 years and it is always a lot of fun. The best part is that you grill your own steaks on their massive grills. Nothing better than a beer and a ribeye on the eve of your delivery.
Ford Bronco My Granger Delivery - Before and After IMG_2432

If anyone else has tips to share on the Des Moines area for future Granger pickups, let's get a list going.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After delivery:

What a day! After sharing some pineapple pizza with all my new friends at Granger and a quick trip in and out of the finance office, my Bronco and I were back on the road to Chicago. My dad taking up the rear in his Rubicon JL had to endure watching the Beast's behind for the whole trip home.

Ford Bronco My Granger Delivery - Before and After IMG_2988

For anyone going east, I highly recommend US 30. Just head north out of granger and you will hit it in about 20min. Great road alternative to getting back on 80.

For the 300 mile trip back, I averaged a very pleasing 18.5 MPG going between 60-80mph the whole way. Not a bad start for a new engine, I think the 17 combined rating of the 2.7 will prove to be conservative. Engine power was excellent, no complaints here. I'm not trying a 0-60 run until after the first 1500 miles, but on the highway it felt athletic and responsive. Ride quality on 35s was better than expected, the MTs work great on the pavement. No noticeable noise, but I did have the two top panels off. Also, no rattling or whistling the entire way, but that could just be due to the wind direction today. Overall an amazing machine that is every bit what they claim it is.

If you set your expectations for a Wrangler killer, you will be very, very happy.
if you go in expecting a Cadillac, you are going to be let down by some things like hard plastics, radio sound quality, and a ride quality that is more bouncy than you might like. But if you know what you are getting into, I don't think there is anyway to be disappointed. Its a beast, its the Beast.

Oh, and if you do stop at Stouts going through Clinton, IA, the tenderloin is every bit as large as that photo I found online. Here is what they gave me tonight, it was fabulous.
Ford Bronco My Granger Delivery - Before and After IMG_2994

More to come tomorrow

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reserved for after delivery
On the way back, skip the I80 Truckstop near Davenport and go into the Quad Cities and hit up a QC Style pizza. Harris and Frank's Pizza (Silvis location) are my go to places. There is another one just east of the Quad Cities on I80 in Geneseo, IL called Danny Boys that I'd highly recommend as well.

Can't wait for pics of the new ride and reviews from the Granger Experience. Safe travels back to Chicago.

OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On the way back, skip the I80 Truckstop near Davenport and go into the Quad Cities and hit up a QC Style pizza. Harris and Frank's Pizza (Silvis location) are my go to places. There is another one just east of the Quad Cities on I80 in Geneseo, IL called Danny Boys that I'd highly recommend as well.

Can't wait for pics of the new ride and reviews from the Granger Experience. Safe travels back to Chicago.
Already have a plan in mind, going to take US 30 to help break it in. Along the way, stopping at Clinton to go to Stout's Pub for their pork tenderloin sandwich. Unless anyone says otherwise??

Ford Bronco My Granger Delivery - Before and After plate-size-pork-tenderloin

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Already have a plan in mind, going to take US 30 to help break it in. Along the way, stopping at Clinton to go to Stout's Pub for their pork tenderloin sandwich. Unless anyone says otherwise??

plate-size-pork-tenderloin.jpeg
Nope... Carry on good sir! I'd make that stop too with that route deviation. (y)

Could always make a trip back west in the new Bronco for the pizza. LOL

edit: If anyone deviates south of the QC coming back from Granger, I'd recommend seeking out a "horseshoe sandwich" in west/central Illinois.
Horseshoe Sandwich

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you trading in a vehicle?

OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@AbeFroman , aren't you the Sausage King of Chicago?

Looking forward to reading about your Granger experience. Best wishes on your new Bronco!
Thats me! Thanks very much and looking forward to any help on the forum I can provide.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nope... Carry on good sir! I'd make that stop too with that route deviation. (y)

Could always make a trip back west in the new Bronco for the pizza. LOL

edit: If anyone deviates south of the QC coming back from Granger, I'd recommend seeking out a "horseshoe sandwich" in west/central Illinois.
Horseshoe Sandwich
Sure! Ill meet you at QC pizza someday and we can have a Hawaiian!

How cool would it be if someday all the Granger buyers came back to Iowa for a meetup! Fill Granger's lot with 1000+ Broncos. Would be impressive with even a quarter of that number.

OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Exactly, you'd think he'd fly in on his G4... :ROFLMAO:
The sausage king demands nothing less than a G6
...... In my dreams....

This king only flies commercial, main cabin extra to fit these damn legs (6'5)

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sure! Ill meet you at QC pizza someday and we can have a Hawaiian!

How cool would it be if someday all the Granger buyers came back to Iowa for a meetup! Fill Granger's lot with 1000+ Broncos. Would be impressive with even a quarter of that number.
I grew up in the QC area, so I get back fairly often to visit family. Place in Chicago called Roots that is supposedly QC Style Pizza. I haven't had it yet, but something local up here to try in the mean time.
Sponsored