Sponsored

My Hard Top BL got previewed today, my FE did not.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything is in the title.
My Hard Top Badlands 4D fully loaded got previewed today which goes against Ford saying no more hard top scheduled for 21. My 2nd reservation First edition did not preview.

I am a 7/13 reservation within minutes of reveal. Was first allocation out of 150 at my dealer. They got dozens schedule but not mines despite being first (thanks ford). Then I got the e-mail I was a 22 for my BL due to hardtop issue, and now I am being previewed. Weird.
Sponsored

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I apparently got previewed today too, My dealer called me, just for reference, I am a 7/19 reservation for a BD 4 door, soft top w mid and SAS…

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I apparently got previewed today too, My dealer called me, just for reference, I am a 7/19 reservation for a BD 4 door, soft top w mid and SAS…
You are a soft top this is a non event and totally normal. Ford are scheduling soft tops this week.
The fact that mine is a hardtop is the weird thing here, they are not supposed to schedule any hard top for MY21.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are a soft top this is a non event and totally normal. Ford are scheduling soft tops this week.
The fact that mine is a hardtop is the weird thing here, they are not supposed to schedule any hard top for MY21.
I know, as I said only shared as a reference. Dealer said they also had a loaded up BL w a hard top previewing too….

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Everything is in the title.
My Hard Top Badlands 4D fully loaded got previewed today which goes against Ford saying no more hard top scheduled for 21. My 2nd reservation First edition did not preview.

I am a 7/13 reservation within minutes of reveal. Was first allocation out of 150 at my dealer. They got dozens schedule but not mines despite being first (thanks ford). Then I got the e-mail I was a 22 for my BL due to hardtop issue, and now I am being previewed. Weird.
My Badlands got scheduled before my FE at the same dealer, FE reservation was first time stamp.
Badlands was first scheduled 7/1, now has a build week of 10/26
FE was first scheduled 8/23 for a 9/20 build week.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait till Thursday and see if it actually gets scheduled, and go from there. I've seen multiple posts that indicate there may be weird stuff going on in the previewing system, so wait till Thursday first.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait till Thursday and see if it actually gets scheduled, and go from there. I've seen multiple posts that indicate there may be weird stuff going on in the previewing system, so wait till Thursday first.
I don’t really expect to be scheduled. I don’t expect anything from Ford since I should have been scheduled months ago, after reserving within minutes of reveal, if only they respected the time stamps.
Like you said, let’s see!

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealer let me know I am in preview as well which seems odd given I am a 2 DR SAS BD with 2.7. Will wait to see if I am scheduled. Assumed I would be pushed to MY22.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does "previewed" mean?
The last step before an order is given a VIN and scheduled to be built, it is “previewed.”

On the dealer side if they log into their ordering system, they can see which orders are in preview.

This is important because not only does it give a head’s-up and final chance to change an order, in some instances the preview may actually state an order *can* receive a VIN next if something about the order is changed.

For example, if you have tow package on your Bronco, but the factory is out of them, it’s conceivable that your dealer will see it previewing but won’t be built unless the tow package is removed… this gives the dealer the opportunity to call the customer and say “hey, your order is on deck but they’re out of tow hitches, so you want to drop it and get a VIN or do you want to keep holding out?”

If the customer chooses to wait it out, the order does not receive a VIN since they don’t have the parts.

Did I explain that okay? It’s early here….

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The last step before an order is given a VIN and scheduled to be built, it is “previewed.”

On the dealer side if they log into their ordering system, they can see which orders are in preview.

This is important because not only does it give a head’s-up and final chance to change an order, in some instances the preview may actually state an order *can* receive a VIN next if something about the order is changed.

For example, if you have tow package on your Bronco, but the factory is out of them, it’s conceivable that your dealer will see it previewing but won’t be built unless the tow package is removed… this gives the dealer the opportunity to call the customer and say “hey, your order is on deck but they’re out of tow hitches, so you want to drop it and get a VIN or do you want to keep holding out?”

If the customer chooses to wait it out, the order does not receive a VIN since they don’t have the parts.

Beautiful explanation, only the good dealers will monitor and let their customers know of constraints. The bad ones will let it ride, which might be why the OP isn’t scheduled.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Badlands got scheduled before my FE at the same dealer, FE reservation was first time stamp.
Badlands was first scheduled 7/1, now has a build week of 10/26
FE was first scheduled 8/23 for a 9/20 build week.
My dates been moved 4 times and now sits on 9/20.... Generally I get an email about 2 weeks out telling me I've been bumped again. Hopefully it's sticks this time...

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no mystery here. People just cannot retain the fact that the FE's are not constrained by allocation per Ford. They are being made and sent under different rules. There were enough left over bits to cobble together a BL when his dealer had an allocation open and he was next in line. The schedule for the FE's is a different deal.

Mdh186

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks very much for the explanation. I’ve been all over this site and must’ve missed the context or description before now. Would help if I didn’t have a lazy dealer who gives me next to zero responses and certainly isn’t going to let me know when it previewed. They couldn’t be bothered with all the other pressing matters on their empty lot. I genuinely appreciate this answer and am thankful I’m not waiting for another step that FMC won’t communicate direct to consumer for reasons unknown after receiving VIN long ago and multiple build week reschedules. Truly wish I’d not tried to help my buddy at a local dealer and just gone with a higher volume dealer that treats this like a business and not a personal favor.
Sponsored