First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good morning that is amazing work I have the rail loaded in my nesting software for my Envision Tec Envisionone cDLM printer. Is it possible to get the phone mount STL? Thank you in advance and allowing us the use of the files.

Thank you
Joe
Sponsored

ALVA DUDE

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Updated with link to file: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5024535

I have a 3D printer so I decided to draw up and print a mini accessory rail. The picatinny rail section I had is only 5.5 inches but you can buy longer ones on amazon. (This is just what I had already).

I should put up the disclaimer that I don't have high hopes of this holding up on hot summer days but its not hot right now, and there's nothing on the market anyway!

So far it works great, just wrapped up a 1000 mile road trip up to Copper Harbor and back with well over 50 miles off-road. Everything held firm and steady and it didn't take long for it to feel like a seamlessly integrated part of the Bronco.

The Rail: It is just a 5.5" 13 slot aluminum m-lok to picatinny rail adapter from amazon (part of a bundle I bought previously) and a 3D printed base. The rail has two screws which fasten it to the PLA base, but I also opted to add superglue to make sure the rail isn't coming off easily. I designed the base to use the same accessory mount and to fit firmly over the center pocket on the dash.

The phone mount: I am a huge fan of the magnetic phone mount, why people use anything else is beyond me (unless you are literally racing the baja 1000). I designed the mounts to fit with a generic amazon magnetic mount and included a slot so they can easily slide onto the pic rail. There is a bolt through the back of the mount to tighten it down once you have it in position.

I would consider selling these but honestly I can't imagine a price high enough to be worth my time, while being low enough that anyone else would want to pay for it, especially considering there's a high chance its going to look deflated come the first 90° day next summer.

1634585733909.png

1634585776350.png

1634585787746.png

1634585802762.png
I think you are on to something!!! Very cool and sleek. Where can I send you a check? Any possibility of getting one made?

Rendo

Wildtrak
First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The base took about 8 hours, and the phone mounts took a little less than that I think. Time is very dependent on how you "slice" it. Slicing is the part of the process where you generate G-code, dictating things like number of walls, infill density, layer height etc. I've done multiple prints that took a whole week! so anything less than a day to me seems fairly convenient.
I saw your STL file for the accessory mount in Thingverse, but is there a specific file for the phone mount in Thingverse, I looked around for one, or did you come up with one of your own?

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes but ABS sucks for printing. For sitting on the dash and being weight bearing, ABS, Nylon, and other more difficult materials are needed. PLA and PETG are unlikely to survive summer.
I would agree. I have an Ender 3 Pro that can print the PETG/ABS/Nylon but it's more difficult than PLA. I'm thinking the best filament would be Carbon Fiber...pricey but should standup better than the others. You could also paint it to match your scheme if Charcoal color is not to your liking.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very Cool Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll give it a bit more time to make sure I like it before posting it out like on thingiverse but if you want this version here you can PM me. I can't find my exact link but I am pretty sure this is what I bought: Amazon.com : IIET M-Lok Picatinny Rail, 3-Slot 5-Slot 7-Slot 13-Slot T6-6061 Aircraft Aluminum Alloy Mlok Picatinny Rail Section for MLOK Systems with 8 T-Nuts & 8 TORX Flat Head Screws & TORX Allen Wrenchs : Sports & Outdoors

in this case it is the 13 slot that I am using

Edit, here is the current version:

Mini Picatinny Accessory Mount for Bronco by mmgarn - Thingiverse
So do you plan on also publishing the accessory holder or just the picatinny rail mount?

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is amazing. For those that don't have a 3D printer, I have one and an Etsy account that I could print them for people at my cost for printing them. I'll post something once I get time. I would just print the part, you would be required to assemble and purchase your own rail.
If you use his file and are malking some money off of it, then it would be nice of you to float the OP some cash. If you are doing it with no profit, you're a good guy like the OP.

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just uploaded the STL for the magnetic phone mount adapter:

Edit: I removed my link to the STL's as users on thingiverse were trying to sell for profit. I love this community and I want those with a printer feel free to enjoy these ideas. I know I sign my rights away to some degree when I publish the STL online, but my intention was not to provide free IP to other business lol. PM me if you want the file or want to purchase the rail assembly.

I love drawing things up in CAD so if someone has an idea related to this, or needs a slightly different version, send me a PM and we can work on it.

Last edited:

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The base took about 8 hours, and the phone mounts took a little less than that I think. Time is very dependent on how you "slice" it. Slicing is the part of the process where you generate G-code, dictating things like number of walls, infill density, layer height etc. I've done multiple prints that took a whole week! so anything less than a day to me seems fairly convenient.
oh lord you sending me off on another internet quest for fire LMAO be back in a few hours after I see what this slicing is all about haha sound a lot like programming

Last edited:

Joe Mulloy

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just uploaded the STL for the magnetic phone mount adapter: Magnetic phone mount to picatinny rail adapter by mmgarn - Thingiverse

I love this community so anyone with a printer feel free to enjoy these. I know I sign my rights away to some degree when I publish the STL online, lol.

I love drawing things up in CAD so if someone has an idea related to this, or needs a slightly different version, send me a PM and we can work on it.

I (we) can't thank you enough. I have a bout 1 1/2 hrs left on resin printer (just started rail) then I'll start the phone adapter cant wait to see how they all turn out.

Thank You
Joe

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I (we) can't thank you enough. I have a bout 1 1/2 hrs left on resin printer (just started rail) then I'll start the phone adapter cant wait to see how they all turn out.

Thank You
Joe
which resin are you using? they said abs was stronger to heat but hard to print with

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just uploaded the STL for the magnetic phone mount adapter: Magnetic phone mount to picatinny rail adapter by mmgarn - Thingiverse

I love this community so anyone with a printer feel free to enjoy these. I know I sign my rights away to some degree when I publish the STL online, lol.

What CAD program are you using? I want to learn CAD and have been leaning towards using Fusion 360 till I want to start selling products.

Awesome job on the parts

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just commenting to say that I love it when enthusiasts create these new accessories with useful applications. And I really appreciate you sharing it with us. It increases the collective brain-trust for further expansion and DIY improvement on these more customizable platforms. Keep em comin!

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What CAD program are you using? I want to learn CAD and have been leaning towards using Fusion 360 till I want to start selling products.

Awesome job on the parts
I am using fusion 360. My student license expired so I actually have to pay for it but I still find it worth it! But if you have an old school email you can try it for free, at least for a year or two.

I have also had good experiences with NX and Solidworks, not so much Catia...

Fusion 360 may not be the most powerful but it is just so simple and intuitive to build quality models very fast that I can't complain.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
e his file and are malking some money off of it, then it would be nice of you to float the OP some cash. If you are doing it with no profit, you're a good guy like the OP.
Not looking to make money, just looking to cover my costs and get this in more hands of people who want them without actually going out and buying a 3D printer.
Sponsored