JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dang, this thing looks good!
Ford Bronco My Homemade Mini Accessory Rail for 2021 Bronco Dash (3D Printed) 3CE57D69-8A7B-4177-99A7-535442F7F976

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, I edited the comment with explanation. If you have a printer and want to use the files for yourself in good faith, PM me and i'll give it. I just don't want to upload the file publicly were any number of people across the interweb can sell them for profit. If you want one for yourself already made i'll gladly make them at reasonable cost. If you have a business and want to partner up with me that way I am all ears!
Thank you TeocaliMG! Here it is.
Ford Bronco My Homemade Mini Accessory Rail for 2021 Bronco Dash (3D Printed) 781D84D3-91B1-4465-ADAF-3FFFC1FB7136

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@TeocaliMG If you are getting a kickback off the sales from Stickerfab let us know. I'll buy one. I have a 3D printer but am happy to pay for a good idea.

Sponsored

dyeLucky

Black Diamond
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One more question… What size bolt do I need to get for the accessory stand?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 3D printer so I decided to draw up and print a mini accessory rail. The picatinny rail section I had is only 5.5 inches but you can buy longer ones on amazon. (This is just what I had already).

I should put up the disclaimer that I don't have high hopes of this holding up on hot summer days but its not hot right now, and there's nothing on the market anyway!

So far it works great, just wrapped up a 1000 mile road trip up to Copper Harbor and back with well over 50 miles off-road. Everything held firm and steady and it didn't take long for it to feel like a seamlessly integrated part of the Bronco.

The Rail: It is just a 5.5" 13 slot aluminum m-lok to picatinny rail adapter from amazon (part of a bundle I bought previously) and a 3D printed base. The rail has two screws which fasten it to the PLA base, but I also opted to add superglue to make sure the rail isn't coming off easily. I designed the base to use the same accessory mount and to fit firmly over the center pocket on the dash.

The phone mount: I am a huge fan of the magnetic phone mount, why people use anything else is beyond me (unless you are literally racing the baja 1000). I designed the mounts to fit with a generic amazon magnetic mount and included a slot so they can easily slide onto the pic rail. There is a bolt through the back of the mount to tighten it down once you have it in position.

I would consider selling these but honestly I need to figure out my costs and pricing and experiment with some better materials, especially considering there's a high chance PLA's going to look deflated come the first 90° day next summer.

Edit: I removed my link to the STL's as users on thingiverse were trying to sell for profit. I love this community and I want those with a printer feel free to enjoy these ideas, but my intention was not to provide free IP to other businesses lol. PM me if you want the file or want to purchase the rail assembly. This is not to call out anyone on the forum who was trying to support access in good faith.

Ford Bronco My Homemade Mini Accessory Rail for 2021 Bronco Dash (3D Printed) image

Ford Bronco My Homemade Mini Accessory Rail for 2021 Bronco Dash (3D Printed) image

Designing my own in Fusion 360 today! I took your advice and got that 3D printer.. Luckily my CAD game is on point from woodworking.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will do as soon as I’m finished. :) playing with some ideas and not quite ready to share. Busy week!

Final print will be in carbon fiber reinforced nylon though, so about as strong as aluminum in this application.

Sponsored

Yuki

Black Diamond
First Name
Yuki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 3D printer so I decided to draw up and print a mini accessory rail. The picatinny rail section I had is only 5.5 inches but you can buy longer ones on amazon. (This is just what I had already).

I should put up the disclaimer that I don't have high hopes of this holding up on hot summer days but its not hot right now, and there's nothing on the market anyway!

So far it works great, just wrapped up a 1000 mile road trip up to Copper Harbor and back with well over 50 miles off-road. Everything held firm and steady and it didn't take long for it to feel like a seamlessly integrated part of the Bronco.

The Rail: It is just a 5.5" 13 slot aluminum m-lok to picatinny rail adapter from amazon (part of a bundle I bought previously) and a 3D printed base. The rail has two screws which fasten it to the PLA base, but I also opted to add superglue to make sure the rail isn't coming off easily. I designed the base to use the same accessory mount and to fit firmly over the center pocket on the dash.

The phone mount: I am a huge fan of the magnetic phone mount, why people use anything else is beyond me (unless you are literally racing the baja 1000). I designed the mounts to fit with a generic amazon magnetic mount and included a slot so they can easily slide onto the pic rail. There is a bolt through the back of the mount to tighten it down once you have it in position.

I would consider selling these but honestly I need to figure out my costs and pricing and experiment with some better materials, especially considering there's a high chance PLA's going to look deflated come the first 90° day next summer.

Edit: I removed my link to the STL's as users on thingiverse were trying to sell for profit. I love this community and I want those with a printer feel free to enjoy these ideas, but my intention was not to provide free IP to other businesses lol. PM me if you want the file or want to purchase the rail assembly. This is not to call out anyone on the forum who was trying to support access in good faith.

Hello, I like your idea very much. Can I get the STL file?

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought this rail (should have ordered it with the phone mount). It's very well made and fits perfectly! - And, as others have said makes me want a 3D printer more than I already do.

acbaldwi`

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangle, 2005 for Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
can someone please pm me the files, for my personal use.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I made a video showing the process for printing and assembling the mount based on Teocali's design (with his permission).

LeBronco James

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now that its been a few months, how has this held up? I do a lot of 3D printing and from my experience, PLA does not hold up too well under direct sunlight. I once left a coaster I printed using PLA in my backyard and after a few hours of the sun shining on it, I went to grab it and it looked like one of those melting clocks on salvador dali's painting. :D lol
Sponsored