Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

raptor has a 3.5L v6 vs the golf cart 2.7L that the bronco is supposed to have.

Broncos traditionally had a v8. And there is no reason in the future that ford wont put a completely nutjob engine in the pickup raptor.

People want v8's
I wouldn't consider the 2.7 a golf cart engine. It has 80 hp over the 460 and is only 10 lb-ft shy of torque.
Sponsored

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think based on multiple videos of it offroading , and the baja truck that ford made that it is abandoning "Crawling" as a consumer base feature that the wrangler has.

I dont think it will have solid axles and unless it has some super secret electronic stuff it wont be able to compete with the wrangler in the hardcore crawling stuff.

Which is why in my opinion it would be stupid for ford to not give people what they want. Which is a open air wrangler with a loud nasty v8.

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't consider the 2.7 a golf cart engine. It has 80 hp over the 460 and is only 10 lb-ft shy of torque.
mearly referring to sound. also you are comparing it to a engine that is older than the vietnam war.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[QUOTE="Dads_bronze_bronco, po

So far we haven’t seen video or photo evidence of a “warthog” Bronco on the more difficult trails a stock Rubicon is designed for and capable of. Much less the even more difficult ones a Rubicon owner can take on with a relatively limited investment in lift, tire and a little armor.

We’re still waiting ...
[/QUOTE]

I’m just planning on my Bronco being a nice driving soft roader until the Dana 60 and Godzilla kits come out. Gotta have the Godzilla for the power steering pump to facilitate the 60 swap.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

mearly referring to sound. also you are comparing it to a engine that is older than the vietnam war.
Gotcha on the sound. Still damn impressive torque though. Smaller displacement V8s are still around that torque level but usually at higher rpms.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rubicon fighter at launch 2.7 335hp 380lbft. Lockers all around. Adaptive front suspension. 34.4” tire.

raptor will be more. Possibly 37” tires. 3.0 ecoboost with 400hp 415lbft

then ANOTHER version (tremor) with solid axels all around sounds POSSIBLE RUMORS!

don’t expect either cheap tho.55-60+ STARTING

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
raptor has a 3.5L v6 vs the golf cart 2.7L that the bronco is supposed to have.

Broncos traditionally had a v8. And there is no reason in the future that ford wont put a completely nutjob engine in the pickup raptor.

People want v8's
No! enthusiast want v8s, and they make up almost none of the market, a V8 will not be in the bronco it's better to get over it now then later, besides any modern I4 out preforms pretty much any V8 that was ever in the bronco and even In most sport cars. V8 are just too big and too inefficient to be used in majority of vehicles on the road today.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No! enthusiast want v8s, and they make up almost none of the market, a V8 will not be in the bronco it's better to get over it now then later, besides any modern I4 out preforms pretty much any V8 that was ever in the bronco and even In most sport cars. V8 are just too big and too inefficient to be used in majority of vehicles on the road today.
however...

we are talking about a vehicle that is meant to be used not on the road today.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The popularity of the raptor and F-150 ecoboost lineup has shown to ford quite clearly that V8 doesn’t matter that much. The “butt dyno” is what matters.

I’ve got the music cranked too loud to hear the exhaust anyways.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I really don't like the way threads get moved around... this thread was less about a Raptor specifically and more about information and release dates of the Bronco in general.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far we haven’t seen video or photo evidence of a “warthog” Bronco on the more difficult trails
I feel like we haven't really seen evidence of much at all regarding the nuts, bolts , specs and options of this thing to really rule anything out at this point.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I feel like we haven't really seen evidence of much at all regarding the nuts, bolts , specs and options of this thing to really rule anything out at this point.
Funny how right after I said that, the TFL “leaks” came out with 7 speed, sway bar disconnect, FRONT and rear lockers and 305’s. Still, want to see it in action over the rocks, but that TFL “leak” is a real solid reason to believe.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Funny how right after I said that, the TFL “leaks” came out with 7 speed, sway bar disconnect, FRONT and rear lockers and 305’s. Still, want to see it in action over the rocks, but that TFL “leak” is a real solid reason to believe.
I believe that’s the Rubicon fighter that we saw. Should be had for a similar price (under 50k) then we still have 2-3 packages OVER that (2.7hard core, 3.0 raptor and possibly a Rock king) Jeep is in some Deep dookie
Sponsored