Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When it was "confirmed" the new bronco was going to not have a V8, I was disappointed but soon was quick to defend the ecoboost engine, especially with the newer raptor using it. But after a couple years, I've really found myself preferring the 1st Gen Raptor over the Eco-Raptor. There's something about having that Naturally aspirated power, especially in the overengineered 6.2 in the 1st gen. That being said, I started thinking about the new bronco, which is a vehicle very near and dear to me for nostalgic reasons, and recently have really wanted to get one with a V8, even if I have to wait.
I thought it'd be crazy, but based on Ford's heritage, and the Bronco's heritage albeit with a V8, just like the mustang GT is associated with, Ford would be crazy to not eventually offer a Bronco with a V8. Even if its a Final edition, or super limited baja bronco, it just makes sense. I'm not arguing about the capabilities of either engine, i'm arguing the heritage, which I'm sure Mustang GT enthusiasts would be just as passionate about if ford ditched the V8.
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
When it was "confirmed" the new bronco was going to not have a V8, I was disappointed but soon was quick to defend the ecoboost engine, especially with the newer raptor using it. But after a couple years, I've really found myself preferring the 1st Gen Raptor over the Eco-Raptor. There's something about having that Naturally aspirated power, especially in the overengineered 6.2 in the 1st gen. That being said, I started thinking about the new bronco, which is a vehicle very near and dear to me for nostalgic reasons, and recently have really wanted to get one with a V8, even if I have to wait.
I thought it'd be crazy, but based on Ford's heritage, and the Bronco's heritage albeit with a V8, just like the mustang GT is associated with, Ford would be crazy to not eventually offer a Bronco with a V8. Even if its a Final edition, or super limited baja bronco, it just makes sense. I'm not arguing about the capabilities of either engine, i'm arguing the heritage, which I'm sure Mustang GT enthusiasts would be just as passionate about if ford ditched the V8.
you mean like corvette went Mid engine and is going to ditch the LS motor soon after 60+ years

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you wait too long, you may not be able to get a V8 in any Ford other than bigger trucks.
Even Mustang customers are choosing the 2.3

"And yet, Wards Intelligence data confirms for the first six months of the ’19 model year, more than 53% of Mustangs have sold in the U.S. with this 310-hp 4-cyl., handily outpacing the 41% take-rate for the 5.0L V-8 and 6% for the 5.2L V-8 in the Shelby GT350".

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you wait too long, you may not be able to get a V8 in any Ford other than bigger trucks.
Even Mustang customers are choosing the 2.3

"And yet, Wards Intelligence data confirms for the first six months of the ’19 model year, more than 53% of Mustangs have sold in the U.S. with this 310-hp 4-cyl., handily outpacing the 41% take-rate for the 5.0L V-8 and 6% for the 5.2L V-8 in the Shelby GT350".
The mustang will have a v8 untill they cant due to regulations. Even if it’s a special edition. F150 days are numbered.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The mustang will have a v8 untill they cant due to regulations. Even if it’s a special edition. F150 days are numbered.
I agree with that, but customers are voting with their wallet. V8 take rate is getting smaller and at some point, Ford will probably say no longer profitable to build and drop it.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with that, but customers are voting with their wallet. V8 take rate is getting smaller and at some point, Ford will probably say no longer profitable to build and drop it.
that’s why I said special edition. A v8 heritage edition that would be $60k vs the ecoboost or something for 40k

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
LOL! There are 1000s of post in the Raptor forum about how Ford needs to make a V8 for the GEN2 Raptor. I am sorry BUT it is never going to happen. I am sure Hennessey will drop a V8 in the Bronco for you and charge you 90K.

But do keep dreaming!

LOL!

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

LOL! There are 1000s of post in the Raptor forum about how Ford needs to make a V8 for the GEN2 Raptor. I am sorry BUT it is never going to happen. I am sure Hennessey will drop a V8 in the Bronco for you and charge you 90K.

But do keep dreaming!

LOL!
I mean for the Gen 3 Raptor to compete with the TRX they're gonna have to drop a boosted V8 or drop a crazy hybrid powerplant in it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep puts a Hell Cat engine into everything they make. When these products 1st comes out, they sell like crazy then 8 months later, they can't give them away. Go buy any hell cat product and you can easily get 12K off before any negotiations begins.

This is just a guess but the Gen3 Raptor will be have some sort of hybrid producing crazy torque.

Again, the V8 in the Raptor and Bronco will never happen from the factory. Hennessey will make you one if you have deep pockets.

I mean for the Gen 3 Raptor to compete with the TRX they're gonna have to drop a boosted V8 or drop a crazy hybrid powerplant in it.
Sponsored