Marla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge & F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to pass along the news that my husband, who designed stickers, T-shirts, patches and emblems related to the Bronco and including "Albert Rides With Me," had a heart attack and died Saturday evening. It was unexpected because he was relatively young and healthy, with no history of heart trouble. He was a creative, brilliant man who gave 134 percent to everything he did.

If you have ordered something from him and haven't heard anything, now you understand why. I will fulfill any orders as soon as I can get into his accounts and sort through everything. I really appreciate your patience. I do not know what his user name on this forum was, but if anyone has that information, it might make things easier for me in the future.

I like to think of Albert of Granger Ford in a Bronco's driver seat, coming to pick up my husband before they head off into adventure. This assumes, of course, that my guy doesn't insist on driving....

Thank you.

Image added by administrator in remembrance of @elmystico and @albert

albert and elmystico.jpg
I pray that it's not. He was last seen this past Saturday Morning. I have a few of his creations.

Laura, I pray that your shared memories comfort you as he blazes a new trail. The journey never ends. He has just gone ahead for a moment at which time you will be reunited.
Sponsored

schmitzm

First Name
Marla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge & F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dear Laura,
I've not been on this forum for a few weeks as I'm working through grieving and missing my Albert. I believe I was led this morning to open this forum and found your posting about your husband, Jon. I'm so sorry to hear this and truly understand what you are going through. Your husband made such a huge impact on this forum and all the coordination for the stickers, shirts, sweatshirt in Albert's honor, as well as, the memorial contributions. Our family is so appreciated of all this. If you are coming to Iowa or would like to connect through email, messenger, etc please send me how to get ahold of you. Yes, they are riding together....just sure of that!
Marla

OP
OP

lehret

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our entire community has our collective arms wrapped around you. We are a close knit family. Do not hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything any of us can do to help.
Though none of us can imagine what you are going through, know that we are here and we are praying for you and your family and thinking of you.
Thank you, Phil. It sounds trite, but he really touched or helped out so many people. I hadn't realized that....

OP
OP

lehret

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Laura,

Words from strangers can never fill the void that now lies in your heart. Jon was a very active and enjoyable member here. For the last year we have spent countless hours joking and chatting in our private messages. For many of us, weā€™ve gone through so much it almost feels like a sort of family. Weā€™ve all looked forward to the Bronco together and had a mutual bond that brought true strangers together in a way not usually found online. We discussed royalties from his designs going to Alberts memorial and he was all for it. He was very creative and had a knack of coming up with some really awesome designs. I think youā€™ll find around the forum the amount of people that appreciated his work if you just look at our avatar photos, many of us are using them. He was great to interact with and with Albert I am disappointed we wonā€™t get the chance to meet him. I cannot fathom what youā€™re going through, just know that we have you in our thoughts and prayers and weā€™re truly sorry for your loss. God bless and if you need ANYTHING, please let us know. We would love to help you in anyway we can.
Laura,

Words from strangers can never fill the void that now lies in your heart. Jon was a very active and enjoyable member here. For the last year we have spent countless hours joking and chatting in our private messages. For many of us, weā€™ve gone through so much it almost feels like a sort of family. Weā€™ve all looked forward to the Bronco together and had a mutual bond that brought true strangers together in a way not usually found online. We discussed royalties from his designs going to Alberts memorial and he was all for it. He was very creative and had a knack of coming up with some really awesome designs. I think youā€™ll find around the forum the amount of people that appreciated his work if you just look at our avatar photos, many of us are using them. He was great to interact with and with Albert I am disappointed we wonā€™t get the chance to meet him. I cannot fathom what youā€™re going through, just know that we have you in our thoughts and prayers and weā€™re truly sorry for your loss. God bless and if you need ANYTHING, please let us know. We would love to help you in anyway we can.
Thank you so much, William. Jon was such a talented, kind man with a dark humor, a love of sarcasm and high standards in every area of his life. Many people have rallied around and we are propping one another up.

OP
OP

lehret

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Terrible news. Now Iā€™m just pissed off this man never got to drive his Bronco. Life is not fair. Iā€™ll happily donate to whatever cause he would have wanted to support. God bless.
Hi, Brice. Jon would be pissed off, too, about every bit of this. He liked to have a plan and what happened was not in it.

Donations can go to:
New Mexico Wildlife Center
18 Wheat St.
Espanola NM 87532

Thank you,
Laura

Sponsored
OP
OP

lehret

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So sorry for your loss...he was very selfless and created every badge I saw anyone ask for...wonderful, talented individual and you being here closing the loop speaks to your entire family's care and service to fellows on here and in your everyday life interactions...the world needs more people like your family!

My prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. God bless you.
Thank you, Rob. The forum was a regular, important part of his day. He would want his obligations filled, and that's the least I can do for him.
Warmly,
Laura

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, Brice. Jon would be pissed off, too, about every bit of this. He liked to have a plan and what happened was not in it.

Donations can go to:
New Mexico Wildlife Center
18 Wheat St.
Espanola NM 87532

Thank you,
Laura
Weā€™re on it!

OP
OP

lehret

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very sorry for your loss Laura. Certainly not enough words in the world can bring you or your family comfort. For what it's worth, please know he had a very special place here on the forum with all of his time, effort, and contributions.
Thank you...

OP
OP

lehret

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m so sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family! Itā€™s very touching that you would post this and continue fulfilling his passion.

Our B6G family is here for anything you guys may need.
Thank you....

OP
OP

lehret

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Laura, my deepest condolences. Your husbandā€™s response to the passing of Albert was a testament to the kind of guy he was. I have grown to appreciate this community and the bond we share. It is an bright spot in troubling times. I am sure I speak for many here when I say your loss is this communities loss as well. My family prays for you and yours during time.
Thank you. He left a Jon-shaped hole in the world...

Sponsored
OP
OP

lehret

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Laura,

I am very sad with this news. So sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you.

Jon was not just a member of the Colorado Granger group. He was an honorary member of the Georgia Granger group as well.

He and I spent a lot of time working on designs for our Georgia group and the Granger Fan Club page. The banner in that page is his work as well.

We had another connection as my wife was born in Santa Fe and lived in Espanola. Small world that two complete strangers from across the country on a forum can have so much in common. He will truly be missed. RIP elmystico.
Thank you. Working on these designs gave him a lot of pleasure. He ran some things by me, and I offered my opinion on what worked and what didn't.
Laura

OP
OP

lehret

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dear Laura,

like everybody here, we deeply appreciate that in the days of sorrow you have found a moment to come here and share the sad news with us. You did so because you know Jon would wish so. You will be able to continue the dialog with him at his grave, and later at places you enjoyed together and he will be with you in the new Bronco, like he is riding with Albert now, as you said, over the space rocks above there...

I like his last personal badge, the fields just before the harvest in the sunset...as if he would know.

I was the lucky one who had a custom badge made by him right after he designed the first ones. I approached him with my idea of having star and young moon around the Bronco, expressing my interest in astronomy and hope that Bronco will take me to places otherwise inaccessible. He could spurn me but he patiently worked on several iterations until we felt it looks right. He came with this:
"I put the star behind the wheel, where Albert would be." I think I need to adapt it now to put a second star above the passenger seat...

Working as a cardiologist at the Mayo Clinic Arizona, it pains me that still today, people like Jon can succumb to the cardiac disease without warning.
Guys, once you hit 40, think about checking your body and not only the oil in your Bronco and reach to me by DM. Jon would want this.

And we need to find the El Mystioco trail in the Southwest for an annual commemorative ride.
Hi, David. Jon's doctor declined to sign the death certificate with coronary heart disease as the cause because Jon's health was stable, he had had a clean EKG within the last couple of years and he was taking his medications. Dr. Hochon told the investigator that Jon could have lived another 25 years. So the medical examiner did an external exam and we are awaiting the results. Another layer of complication...

My son had proposed a ride in Jon's memory. We will have to think about how to make that happen....maybe something can be done at delivery in Colorado.

Thank you and stay in touch,
Laura

OP
OP

lehret

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Laura,

I am very sad with this news. So sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you.

Jon was not just a member of the Colorado Granger group. He was an honorary member of the Georgia Granger group as well.

He and I spent a lot of time working on designs for our Georgia group and the Granger Fan Club page. The banner in that page is his work as well.

We had another connection as my wife was born in Santa Fe and lived in Espanola. Small world that two complete strangers from across the country on a forum can have so much in common. He will truly be missed. RIP elmystico.
Thank you. He derived a lot of enjoyment from the Forum....

Laura

OP
OP

lehret

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, This is a shock, and sad news.
Laura, my heart goes out to you and all the prayers for peace and happy memories I can give.
He was a fun member of the team here, I enjoyed his contributions, and was one of the ones that always made me smile to read what he wrote, or have the honor of even having him reply to something I wrote.

All the love,
-Dave
Thank you...
Sponsored