Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer (LHM Ford Mesa, AZ) had a 4 dr OBX and a 4 dr BD. My wife is getting a 4 dr squatch OBX and I am getting a 2 dr standard Badlands.

My overall impressions: the back seats are roomy (I’m 6’3”), and the build quality looks good, and I will be happy with both vehicles we are getting.

i really like the modular bumper and I much prefer the 8” display. The mgv is ehh ok, but I will get seat covers for sure.

i wish my Badlands had the base headlights and tail lights and base or BD grill. The 7 sp had a little sloppiness (compared to my gt350). It was cool to meet and talk to other 6G members. We’re all super informed.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just saw those on Monday. The Cactus Gray convinced me to switch from AMB. The MGV was wearing a LOT better than the leather on the lux package equipped black Outer Banks (I think it was).. so I switched from leather to MGV. Plus, those molle seatbacks will come in real handy. I will also likely get seat covers. Sad there were no Sasquatch equipped Broncos.

The Bronco is a bit more narrow than I anticipated.

OP
OP
xmod

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just saw those on Monday. The Cactus Gray convinced me to switch from AMB. The MGV was wearing a LOT better than the leather on the lux package equipped black Outer Banks (I think it was).. so I switched from leather to MGV. Plus, those molle seatbacks will come in real handy. I will also likely get seat covers. Sad there were no Sasquatch equipped Broncos.

The Bronco is a bit more narrow than I anticipated.
Yes, I agree on the cactus gray -looks really good in person. I also thought the rock rails are more substantial than I was expecting. I will be happy keeping those.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I agree on the cactus gray -looks really good in person. I also thought the rock rails are more substantial than I was expecting. I will be happy keeping those.
Cactus Gray is going to be the best color for those who want to do trails, even if it may not be the best looking on the road (subjective, I think it looks amazing). It seemed to hide scratches REALLY well when I looked closely. The soft top had been doing a little damage to the rear and it was handling the scratches really well. I noticed they put some of the 3M paint protective clear wrap anywhere the soft top caused friction, so it must be a known issue.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice. Glad you are still in x2.

However please don't hoard the Broncos. Only one Bronco per household please! :)

Curious how you identified the other B6G members at the event?
Stig sticker tattoo?
Super secret B6G wave?
Wearing Bronco Nation t-shirt with a slash through it?
Anybody holding a pitchfork and torch?
Anybody that talks using lots of words and visuals while constantly repeating themselves with questions that had just been answered?
Anybody holding a spectrometer, micrometer, multimeter or any other kind of meter?
Anybody licking windows?

Sponsored
OP
OP
xmod

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

However please don't hoard the Broncos. Only one Bronco per household please! :)

Stig sticker tattoo?
Super secret B6G wave?
Anybody that talks using lots of words and visuals while constantly repeating themselves with questions that had just been answered?
Anybody holding a spectrometer, micrometer, multimeter or any other kind of meter?
Anybody licking windows?
I just asked people if they were on B6G and the people who said yes we struck up conversations. I was there a few hours while my gt350 was getting serviced.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cactus Gray is going to be the best color for those who want to do trails, even if it may not be the best looking on the road (subjective, I think it looks amazing). It seemed to hide scratches REALLY well when I looked closely. The soft top had been doing a little damage to the rear and it was handling the scratches really well. I noticed they put some of the 3M paint protective clear wrap anywhere the soft top caused friction, so it must be a known issue.
The scratches from the soft top were very noticeable on the A51 I saw. One was down to the sheetmetal.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stig sticker tattoo?
Super secret B6G wave?
Anybody licking windows?
Ford Bronco My impressions from dealer event 1621629640336

we just connected on a different level man!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The scratches from the soft top were very noticeable on the A51 I saw. One was down to the sheetmetal.
I had seen on an earlier video from a few months back that the soft tops seemed to be damaging the paint on the top of the rear quarter panels where the kickstand is, and on the back diagonal pillar. I wanted to see how bad first hand and it seems they have mostly fixed the problem. Its something I would keep an eye on if I were to get a soft top for sure, even with the 3M protective wrap, because the wrap itself was damaged and peeling.

The Ford rep had said the preproduction models touring Phoenix right now are later builds. Very close to production. The dash was highly textured and the trim pieces inside the cabin looked more polished than early touring vehicles.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was the key decision point for me. I liked several of the colors, but Cactus Gray was the only “cool” option I was comfortable using off road (my entire family gives me grief over my multiple white vehicles, including a 5G Bronco).

Sponsored
OP
OP
xmod

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was the key decision point for me. I liked several of the colors, but Cactus Gray was the only “cool” option I was comfortable using off road (my entire family gives me grief over my multiple white vehicles, including a 5G Bronco).
If I didn’t already have avalanche gray with my gt350 I would probably have gotten cactus gray on my Badlands (but I’m getting white).

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer (LHM Ford Mesa, AZ) had a 4 dr OBX and a 4 dr BD. My wife is getting a 4 dr squatch OBX and I am getting a 2 dr standard Badlands.

My overall impressions: the back seats are roomy (I’m 6’3”), and the build quality looks good, and I will be happy with both vehicles we are getting.

i really like the modular bumper and I much prefer the 8” display. The mgv is ehh ok, but I will get seat covers for sure.

i wish my Badlands had the base headlights and tail lights and base or BD grill. The 7 sp had a little sloppiness (compared to my gt350). It was cool to meet and talk to other 6G members. We’re all super informed.
Although I didn't expect much from the stock sound system I was still disappointed on how weak the back speakers were. Hearing them with the top open on the highway or even back roads will be very challenging to say the least. A minimum upgrade i think would be getting a sound bar.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Although I didn't expect much from the stock sound system I was still disappointed on how weak the back speakers were. Hearing them with the top open on the highway or even back roads will be very challenging to say the least. A minimum upgrade i think would be getting a sound bar.
I didnt try the speakers in the Cactus Gray Black Diamond (stock), but turned up the B&O on the Lux Outer Banks quite loud and it sounded really good for the top being down. That gives me hope that the standard speaker system can be upgraded to quality sound for fairly cheap. There is a soundbar available for the stock system in the parts catalogue as well.

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going to the LHM event this afternoon. Very excited to see in person, as I wasn’t allowed up close visibility at Barrett Jackson. Can you give a preview of which models will be on display?

Would be nice to decode the other 6g members….

OP
OP
xmod

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to the LHM event this afternoon. Very excited to see in person, as I wasn’t allowed up close visibility at Barrett Jackson. Can you give a preview of which models will be on display?

Would be nice to decode the other 6g members….
They have a 4 dr OBX soft top with high or lux and leather, and a 4 dr cactus gray 7 spd Black Diamond with mgv.
Sponsored