Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The company I work for just gave me one as a fleet vehicle. Mine was $47k as well. Expensive for a small truck for sure. But I can tell you that I agree completely with his assessment on the power and handling of the Ranger. The 2.3 is strong, fast and acceleration is awesome. However this is just my opinion but Iā€™m not a fan of the 10 speed transmission with this engine. I get it that manufacturers are trying to get the most fuel economy out of these engines but it seems to me that the transmission wants to stay in a high gear more often than not. Maybe it will be programmed different with the Bronco. But I love the engine. Iā€™m getting this with the MT.
Oh, I agree, I have driven the Ranger and am impressed with the get up and go, but Im not spending $47k on a Rangerā€¦.Plus I will NEVER buy a 4 banger again, just sayin ;-)
Sponsored

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
$4500 seems a bit steep for wheels, tires and a 2" lift. On the Interactive Garage website, I outfitted a base Bronco with wheels, BFG 33's, upgrade bumper with brush bar, and rock rails, and it came to $3240. Makes the Sasquatch package look like a bargain, given the upgraded axles/lockers, and the Bilstein setup!

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Never thought I'd see "lucky" "live" and "iowa" in the same sentence. Anyway nice write-up. They seem very genuine, a rare thing with dealers out here in NY
Funny, us Iowans might say the same about New York! Everyplace has its pros and cons

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't know the powertrain warranty was conditioned on getting oil changes at Granger......but living in NV I haven't really been following, they are my back up plan though and that would kind of kill the powertrain incentive for me.

Great writeup, thanks for the info. Seem like the kind of people I would like to do business with. (y)

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rā€¦.Plus I will NEVER buy a 4 banger again, just sayin ;-)
Why's that?

I've reversed my thoughts on,"always get the biggest motor avalable" stance. Mainly due to the two Subaru 2.5L's I own, one Turbo 4 one NA 4. They both get the job done really well. With the NA one (outback) once the CVT "learned" it has become a really good driver.
I think A LOT of it also has to do with proper gearing. I believe too many cars are running too tall a gear these days.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've yet to verify Bronco pricing with my local dealer of choice, but they are another "home town" style dealer....have done us well in the past and the prices/discounts listed on their web site are in line with what we're seeing here. they discount even their Raptors by $6k right off the bat!

I count myself fortunate to have a local dealer with the integrity shown by Granger thus far.

pawhitejr

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome write up! Thanks. One thing missing - where are the pics of the 2nd Gen?!?

ā€œHe has a 2nd Gen Bronco and I got a chance to go see it in the back corner of their shop. It's pretty clean and awesome!ā€

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never thought I'd see "lucky" "live" and "iowa" in the same sentence. Anyway nice write-up. They seem very genuine, a rare thing with dealers out here in NY
Well only if you enjoy quiet towns, gravel roads, hunting big whitetail deer, low crime, cost of living is low and that little thing of having the best fertile farm ground in the world .... ya itā€™s a shithole, u stay out there in NY..

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
NICE!

I was the one that posted the thread comparing the Wrangler and Ranger. Glad to see you have similar conclusions on the wider cab upfront. It makes a big difference for roominess. As far as legroom, when i sat behind myself in the Ranger i actually moved the front seat forward 2" from my driving position to replicate the extra 2" of legroom on the Bronco (which i disclosed in my thread) and it worked out just fine, although im 6'0 (but long legs and sit fairly far back)

Yes, B&O being a must was my takeaway as well

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good write up OP. Your fit has me concerned even after the pictures of the big guy we saw at the factory. I am 6ā€™7ā€ on a short day and Im bigger in the shoulders than you or the employee.

On the cost comments overall. $47k doesnt sound too crazy when a Bronco will be that much optioned In a middle tier and $62k+ top end. The Ranger is a lot more ā€œusefulā€.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Members like you are the reason I still use this site. Incredibly useful information.

Now - I live in Michigan and I am extremely salty about the power-train warranty.
Not sure SE Michigan dealers offer this.
Me too. If you find one, please post it. I'm in SE Michigan too.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Touareg, ā€˜10 Jetta, ā€˜07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for asking - I know the pictures aren't exactly perfect. I would say that there is room to fit your 6'9" frame. Honestly my legs probably belong on a 6'9" person... In my pictures, my legs/knees ARE NOT touching the radio or anything the way I have the driver's seat adjusted. What you're seeing is an illusion because the radio/knobs protrude out in the center slightly and the driver leg well area is recessed. AND I could have scooted the seat back just a little bit yet. So, maybe you'll be close - but seems like it'll work for you to me.

The back seat is another story so make sure you stay the driver :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the great report on your experience and impressions of the 2.3L. Great to know that we are going to have a great experience in purchasing from @Granger Ford .

The picture of you in the back seat is great. Looks like you were put in time-out!
Sponsored