Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great write up. Thank you.

I'm torn between a non sas or Sas for my 2 Dr Bronco. Do I need Sas to make it look awesome? Need help now.
Sponsored

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great write up. Thank you.

I'm torn between a non sas or Sas for my 2 Dr Bronco. Do I need Sas to make it look awesome? Need help now.
There are a lot of opinions about this. The most important one is yours. Personally I'm getting a 2 door Badlands with the 33's. It suits the look I want and if I want to go bigger I can go 34" or possibly even 35" without a lift. It's hard to make a decision based on pictures but I have made up my mind. More than likely 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sadly we are many, many months from being able to walk onto a Ford lot and buy one out of a line of them. Supply lines still have to be made that can supply thousands of parts a month. I wonder how many prototypes have been built. They have many months of full production already sold. Then there is the dealers hoping to get the MSRP+++++ buyer. I am sure the Bronco is not perfect but you won't know that till you own one.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait a minute. If the rack mounting points on the windshield are going to change for model year 2022 I need to know. I am not concerned too much with the top.

Sponsored

Rosco

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2019 Ranger, 2017 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How does the interior size compare with a Ranger? I ask as I have 2019 Ranger and in trying to convince my wife that the Bronco will be an excellent replacement for our Expedition so I am hoping it is a little wider on the inside....

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wasn’t finding answers on some things and also couldn’t decide between 33 and 35. So I took a last minute ticket and flew to Vegas then drove to the event just to spend time with the Broncos then go back home. I met did the ride with a friend who is also getting one and he agrees with mostly everything I report below. So you got 2 opinions in one. Enjoy.

Overall conditions of the ride:
FE 4D (so Sasquatch and 2.7) for 30 mins over high speed trail, large bumps and large rocks, deep sand, steep slopes.

Ride
Truly unbelievable. I can tell you this: you can’t realize how capable it is until you ride in one. We flew at 65mph over large bumps and rocks effortlessly. It’s a Raptor with less power and better crawling/agility.
Honestly the Wrangler is a joke in comparison for anything other than rock crawling. It’s like comparing a Prius and a desert buggy. I do believe when Broncos are out in the streets and people and their friends try it off road Jeep will have a hard time selling that vehicle.
Everything we drove through bumps rocks steep slopes and deep sand felt easy for the Bronco. My friend has strong lower back pain and was amazed to have more pain in the rental car on pavement than going over that course in the Bronco - no joke.
Whatever your expectations are for capabilities (especially high speed off roading) get ready to be blown away.

Ride mode and tech
Trail turn: amazing and useful
1 pedal driving: pretty cool does what it says it does
Sway bar: so we did crawl a rock and disconnected and the tire was high above the ground and it made full contact when he pushed the button. Much more impressed than the video I have seen of it.
Baja: it’s a must. The pro racing driver said he uses that most of the time and it works great for a lot of situations off road even simple crawling.
Cameras are really great and helpful.

Comfort
Excellent both seats and position. Felt better than the 2020 ranger I tried last week.

Engine
Our driver tested both the 2.3 and 2.7. Said he actually felt little difference in power and 2.3 is more than capable.
The 2.7 we rode sounded bad and I assume the 2.3 is same or even worst.

Sound deadening / noise
So we rode the 1st edition with sound drawing headliner (looks and feels nice, I am getting one) and the additional deadening from high package.
I can’t say how much those sound deadening packages impacted noise but: Super impressed. It felt like a quite SUV, nothing like a Jeep even at 60mph off road. The only issue is we got some little rattling from the roof going over bumps. I hope that’s not the case on production version.

Leg room and head room
I am 6’5”. Can’t fit in a Wrangler JL cause my head hits the bar. Plenty of headroom in the Bronco, and more legroom than the JL as well. Super happy on this point.

Roof rack on squatch
I asked multiple people at the booth and It’s a center of gravity issue. Ford is redesigning the actual roof for 2022 with different bolt placement for the new roof rack. If you need a roof rack like me and want Sasquatch it’s a tough call: get a 2021 and hope to get one at the dealer this summer, or get a 2022MY. So it looks like the 22 roof rack won’t be compatible with the 21MY Bronco.
See edit below.

Skid plates
I crawled under the body of a Badlands and a Wildtrak. The badlands has steel plates under the fuel tank and other places, while the Wildtrak doesn’t.

33 vs 35
This truck looks perfect on 35s. But the look on 33s was good in fact I didn’t like it much in photo (limousine effect) but it was good in person.
See additional info in edit below.

Bilstein shocks
Talked to an engineer who worked on the Bronco suspension. They will release an after market version, even better than the Sasquatch one.

Measurement
Center wheel to fender: 22 3/4in, both for Badlands on 33 and a first edition. Yes you read that right. I did measure twice and the 1cm (0.4in) supposed lift from the 1st edition sasquatch wasn’t there. Maybe because the badlands was a 2.3 manual (lighter)? Or did Ford BS and the only difference is the bumpstop ..?

Crash bars
The badlands on 33 had the crash bar in front and behind of the front wheels, but the Wildtrak didn’t. It looks like it’s removable and it also looks like they would accommodate the 35 ok. Not sure why they removed them and if it will come with it from the factory or not.

MIC top
Looks great. With a little dirt on the car couldn’t see a difference between it and the fender flares.

Shiny black grille and mirrors
Always thought it was horrible on the Wildtrak but was much better in real life. The shiny black mirrors didn’t bother me even though they don’t match the

Interior colors
Wildtrak interior looks great. Sandstone is much better on the panel than in picture.
Badlands is same as on picture: great
Navy pier on FE: looks shit in my opinion, a bit darker than In the picture.

Interior quality and panel
Feels ok. Better than in picture. Not super premium but above average materials

Here you go. Not posting much pictures cause I have the same as everybody!

EDIT1:
So the roof rack thing made a lot of noise. To clarify:
That's an important issue to me because I want Sasquatch but need a rack. I asked to every person I could the same question at the event: why no roof rack on the 21MY Sasquatch and what will be different in 2022.
One guy said it was a very sensitive topic at Ford and that he could not say anything. When I mentionned CG, he said well I can't say it but since you said it then yes. Also the most knowledgeable guy told me that they do plan to change the way the rack connects to the roof in 22Y and that the bolt placement would be different.
Ford officially mentionned that there will be a "new roof rack platform for 22MY Sasquatch".
Nobody said for sure you can't put a 22 Rack on a 21 Bronco, that's why I said "it looks like it won't be compatible". If bolt placement is indeed different then it does not look compatible.
It's super frustrating to drop 50K in a car you don't know if you will have a rack available at the dealer in 21 and you don't know if your roof will be obsolete after 6 months.
I am sorry I could not get more info, I wish I had a clear answer on this.

EDIT2:
33 vs 35. It's simple (but it's not): 33 on 4D was better than in pictures, with no limousine effect. It was as acceptable to watch as it's acceptable to watch a Wrangler on 33s. If you love a Wrangler on 33s you will be fine with 33s.
So my answer is: 33s look good and is fine but. But 35s definitely look a little better.

EDIT3:
I tried to add in this post questions from the thread (13 pages and counting) and my answers but it does not work. I have answered to a few questions particularly in page 3 to 6.

A2499496-1A7D-4BAF-B657-1EB373FA75A3.jpeg
what does CG mean? Sorry, I'm drawing a blank.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just find it very hard to believe that after all the money that's been invested in the top already that they'd be redesigning it before it's even on sale.

The only possible way that'd be possible is if just the top piece of the rear clamshell was redone, but the rest remains the same.
Exactly. They are pushing to get the modular tops built and out for late summer early fall. I think the only top that may be left by the wayside will be the early mic.

Leucadian

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happen to have any pictures of the WT interior? It's intriguing that you say it looks better in person...

Sponsored

Bronco Beard

Base
First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350, Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for sharing. Is that Rapid Red in the photo? If so what did you think of it? More red or maroonish?

Do you or friend have off-roading experience in Jeeps or other 4x4s? If so how did the front travel compare?
Next time you drive by a Ford dealership swing in. Rapid red is a pretty popular color with Ford vehicles. They should have some on the lot this time of year. My dealership had RR on an F-150, Ranger and another mid size vehicle. Its a deep red IMO.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One thing I don't understand is why they did not take advantage of the sport bar frame, it would give a perfect, fixed steel, anchor point for the cargo bars. Through bolts with sealing grommets would ensure no leaks, no different than sealing the roof panels.
Is this confirmation that it doesn't mount like that? I was hoping it did bolt through to the sport bar after seeing how flimsy the top is. I can see why the top might rattle if it's only mounting at the lower edges.
Based on the flannel video, I assumed the two holes in the sport bar visible here were for the roof rack.

Screenshot_20210205-145606.png
Sponsored