Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this confirmation that it doesn't mount like that? I was hoping it did bolt through to the sport bar after seeing how flimsy the top is. I can see why the top might rattle if it's only mounting at the lower edges.
Based on the flannel video, I assumed the two holes in the sport bar visible here were for the roof rack.

Screenshot_20210205-145606.png
It does not bolt into the roll cage
Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really wanted a WildTrak, but decided on a Badlands, solely for the interior color. I go to confirm my order at the dealership tomorrow and this thread is giving me pause. Did you like the WildTrak interior or Badlands interior better? Is Baja mode worth going with a WildTrak and "second choice" interior?
Badlands has Baja mode too

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are a lot of opinions about this. The most important one is yours. Personally I'm getting a 2 door Badlands with the 33's. It suits the look I want and if I want to go bigger I can go 34" or possibly even 35" without a lift. It's hard to make a decision based on pictures but I have made up my mind. More than likely 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:
I would get the sas for the lower gears. It is easy to put on a bigger tire but it is a lot harder to swap the right gears for the bigger tires.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess?!?!? Wish the OP would elaborate more on this. Did the engine sound like it wasn’t getting much power or did it sound like it was about to fall out of the vehicle? Maybe something else?
I can help you a little since I have a Ranger with the 2.3L. It sounds like a maniacal mechanical clock when you stand beside it running. Lots, and lots of ticking from the injectors. At hard throttle it has bit of a growl, and at cruising speeds you don't even know it's there. Being an old fart that has always had the gas guzzling V8 in my trucks it took me a bit to get used too, but I don't even think about it now. And, one more thing. That little thing will get the job done when you push down the happy pedal. :)

I'm guessing the 2.7L will be similar in sound, and a bit quicker. Folks talk about feeling turbo lag, but I think what they are actually feeling the transmission taking that skinny minute to get into a lower gear.

Also, I have been all over the map trying to decide which engine to get in my 4 door OBX. First it was the 2.7, then it was the 2.3 because I know it would be just fine. But, being retired I'm more about what I want than what I need. So, I have finally decided (I hope) on the 2.7L just because. :)

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can help you a little since I have a Ranger with the 2.3L. It sounds like a maniacal mechanical clock when you stand beside it running. Lots, and lots of ticking from the injectors. At hard throttle it has bit of a growl, and at cruising speeds you don't even know it's there. Being an old fart that has always had the gas guzzling V8 in my trucks it took me a bit to get used too, but I don't even think about it now. And, one more thing. That little thing will get the job done when you push down the happy pedal. :)

I'm guessing the 2.7L will be similar in sound, and a bit quicker. Folks talk about feeling turbo lag, but I think what they are actually feeling the transmission taking that skinny minute to get into a lower gear.

Also, I have been all over the map trying to decide which engine to get in my 4 door OBX. First it was the 2.7, then it was the 2.3 because I know it would be just fine. But, being retired I'm more about what I want than what I need. So, I have finally decided (I hope) on the 2.7L just because. :)
The more positives I read here about the 2.3L the more confident I am to go with that and save some cash up front and maybe 1-2 MPG down the line, even with a 4 door BB.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going with what Ford told my dealer for now. I'll be able to get a roof rack for my '21 but they can't say when that availability will be. If it winds up being a lie, I'll be pissed. I've been pissed before, so.....

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I can see no one has brought up the fact that you can't get the roof rack with the non-squatch version of a 4-door Badlands with a V-6 in the build and price calculator. When I first asked them at the dealer why I could get it wit the 4 cylinder and not the 6 I got the blankest stare I've ever seen. The whole thing is so dumb. lol

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I can see no one has brought up the fact that you can't get the roof rack with the non-squatch version of a 4-door Badlands with a V-6 in the build and price calculator. When I first asked them at the dealer why I could get it wit the 4 cylinder and not the 6 I got the blankest stare I've ever seen. The whole thing is so dumb. lol
Do you mean we haven’t brought this up on the forum?

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great write up. Thank you.

I'm torn between a non sas or Sas for my 2 Dr Bronco. Do I need Sas to make it look awesome? Need help now.
I would go with the SAS, I know at some point I would want the 35's and getting the right gears for them from the factory makes it easy.

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you mean we haven’t brought this up on the forum?
I mean I haven't seen it brought up in this thread. The fact that it also depends on the engine version pretty much tells me it doesn't have anything to do with roof integrity or design. I don't really see much of a difference between a 4 door Badlands w/squatch and V-6 to the version wo/Squatch and 4 cyl that can get the roof rack. Seems like if anything its a GVWR issues. When someone figures it out let me know. Lol pretty dumb

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean I haven't seen it brought up in this thread. The fact that it also depends on the engine version pretty much tells me it doesn't have anything to do with roof integrity or design. I don't really see much of a difference between a 4 door Badlands w/squatch and V-6 to the version wo/Squatch and 4 cyl that can get the roof rack. Seems like if anything its a GVWR issues. When someone figures it out let me know. Lol pretty dumb
Anyone else want to point him towards the GVWR threads and the official Ford statements regarding this?

I’m about to sit down for dinner.

:)

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else want to point him towards the GVWR threads and the official Ford statements regarding this?

I’m about to sit down for dinner.

:)
Better yet, point ford toward it.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Done with dinner...

This is just the very end result of a very lively discussion on the matter. Basically, yes. No roof rack (or sound deadening headliner) because of GVWR reasons.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-gvwr-ford-q-a-and-weight-payload-details.11041/

Ford Bronco My KOH Bronco ride Mega Feedback Report and new information gleaned 1612572128798

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Old things become new...

Ford Bronco My KOH Bronco ride Mega Feedback Report and new information gleaned 1612572128798
Where the heck did you did that up?
That's awesome and shows that we're not a whole lot smarter now days than we think we are.
Sponsored