Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Where the heck did you did that up?
That's awesome and shows that we're not a whole lot smarter now days than we think we are.
I came across it a few years ago when I was trying to figure out a way to carry a small sailboat on my roof.
Sponsored

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Done with dinner...

This is just the very end result of a very lively discussion on the matter. Basically, yes. No roof rack (or sound deadening headliner) because of GVWR reasons.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-gvwr-ford-q-a-and-weight-payload-details.11041/

1612572128798.png
Ford. lol

Whelp, order is in as of early this week. We'll see what happens.
Done with dinner...

This is just the very end result of a very lively discussion on the matter. Basically, yes. No roof rack (or sound deadening headliner) because of GVWR reasons.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-gvwr-ford-q-a-and-weight-payload-details.11041/

1612572128798.png
Ford. Lol

Ordered early this week. Looking forward to the journey. 👊🏻

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you. I'm 6'3" 235 (trying to hit 215 😂). The only thing I'm worried about is width. In the driver seat of my dad's jeep, my left leg is crammed right up against the door. Ok for short trips, but any drive over a couple hours and I'd be seriously uncomfortable.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can tell you from very recent experience that getting out may not be as difficult as you think. (My 17 old crawled out of this with a few scratches on his fingers.)
IMG_7555 2.JPG

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Measurement
Center wheel to fender: 22 3/4in, both for Badlands on 33 and a first edition. Yes you read that right. I did measure twice and the 1cm (0.4in) supposed lift from the 1st edition sasquatch wasn’t there. Maybe because the badlands was a 2.3 manual (lighter)? Or did Ford BS and the only difference is the bumpstop ..?
I'm trying to start a database to compare all models. On the two you measured, were they 2dr or 4dr, 4cyl or 6cyl?
Thanks

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford Bronco,2017 GMC 2010 chevy short box truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wasn’t finding answers on some things and also couldn’t decide between 33 and 35. So I took a last minute ticket and flew to Vegas then drove to the event just to spend time with the Broncos then go back home. I met did the ride with a friend who is also getting one and he agrees with mostly everything I report below. So you got 2 opinions in one. Enjoy.

Overall conditions of the ride:
FE 4D (so Sasquatch and 2.7) for 30 mins over high speed trail, large bumps and large rocks, deep sand, steep slopes.

Ride
Truly unbelievable. I can tell you this: you can’t realize how capable it is until you ride in one. We flew at 65mph over large bumps and rocks effortlessly. It’s a Raptor with less power and better crawling/agility.
Honestly the Wrangler is a joke in comparison for anything other than rock crawling. It’s like comparing a Prius and a desert buggy. I do believe when Broncos are out in the streets and people and their friends try it off road Jeep will have a hard time selling that vehicle.
Everything we drove through bumps rocks steep slopes and deep sand felt easy for the Bronco. My friend has strong lower back pain and was amazed to have more pain in the rental car on pavement than going over that course in the Bronco - no joke.
Whatever your expectations are for capabilities (especially high speed off roading) get ready to be blown away.

Ride mode and tech
Trail turn: amazing and useful
1 pedal driving: pretty cool does what it says it does
Sway bar: so we did crawl a rock and disconnected and the tire was high above the ground and it made full contact when he pushed the button. Much more impressed than the video I have seen of it.
Baja: it’s a must. The pro racing driver said he uses that most of the time and it works great for a lot of situations off road even simple crawling.
Cameras are really great and helpful.

Comfort
Excellent both seats and position. Felt better than the 2020 ranger I tried last week.

Engine
Our driver tested both the 2.3 and 2.7. Said he actually felt little difference in power and 2.3 is more than capable.
The 2.7 we rode sounded bad and I assume the 2.3 is same or even worst.

Sound deadening / noise
So we rode the 1st edition with sound drawing headliner (looks and feels nice, I am getting one) and the additional deadening from high package.
I can’t say how much those sound deadening packages impacted noise but: Super impressed. It felt like a quite SUV, nothing like a Jeep even at 60mph off road. The only issue is we got some little rattling from the roof going over bumps. I hope that’s not the case on production version.

Leg room and head room
I am 6’5”. Can’t fit in a Wrangler JL cause my head hits the bar. Plenty of headroom in the Bronco, and more legroom than the JL as well. Super happy on this point.

Roof rack on squatch
I asked multiple people at the booth and It’s a center of gravity issue. Ford is redesigning the actual roof for 2022 with different bolt placement for the new roof rack. If you need a roof rack like me and want Sasquatch it’s a tough call: get a 2021 and hope to get one at the dealer this summer, or get a 2022MY. So it looks like the 22 roof rack won’t be compatible with the 21MY Bronco.
See edit below.

Skid plates
I crawled under the body of a Badlands and a Wildtrak. The badlands has steel plates under the fuel tank and other places, while the Wildtrak doesn’t.

33 vs 35
This truck looks perfect on 35s. But the look on 33s was good in fact I didn’t like it much in photo (limousine effect) but it was good in person.
See additional info in edit below.

Bilstein shocks
Talked to an engineer who worked on the Bronco suspension. They will release an after market version, even better than the Sasquatch one.

Measurement
Center wheel to fender: 22 3/4in, both for Badlands on 33 and a first edition. Yes you read that right. I did measure twice and the 1cm (0.4in) supposed lift from the 1st edition sasquatch wasn’t there. Maybe because the badlands was a 2.3 manual (lighter)? Or did Ford BS and the only difference is the bumpstop ..?

Crash bars
The badlands on 33 had the crash bar in front and behind of the front wheels, but the Wildtrak didn’t. It looks like it’s removable and it also looks like they would accommodate the 35 ok. Not sure why they removed them and if it will come with it from the factory or not.

MIC top
Looks great. With a little dirt on the car couldn’t see a difference between it and the fender flares.

Shiny black grille and mirrors
Always thought it was horrible on the Wildtrak but was much better in real life. The shiny black mirrors didn’t bother me even though they don’t match the

Interior colors
Wildtrak interior looks great. Sandstone is much better on the panel than in picture.
Badlands is same as on picture: great
Navy pier on FE: looks shit in my opinion, a bit darker than In the picture.

Interior quality and panel
Feels ok. Better than in picture. Not super premium but above average materials

Here you go. Not posting much pictures cause I have the same as everybody!

EDIT1:
So the roof rack thing made a lot of noise. To clarify:
That's an important issue to me because I want Sasquatch but need a rack. I asked to every person I could the same question at the event: why no roof rack on the 21MY Sasquatch and what will be different in 2022.
One guy said it was a very sensitive topic at Ford and that he could not say anything. When I mentionned CG, he said well I can't say it but since you said it then yes. Also the most knowledgeable guy told me that they do plan to change the way the rack connects to the roof in 22Y and that the bolt placement would be different.
Ford officially mentionned that there will be a "new roof rack platform for 22MY Sasquatch".
Nobody said for sure you can't put a 22 Rack on a 21 Bronco, that's why I said "it looks like it won't be compatible". If bolt placement is indeed different then it does not look compatible.
It's super frustrating to drop 50K in a car you don't know if you will have a rack available at the dealer in 21 and you don't know if your roof will be obsolete after 6 months.
I am sorry I could not get more info, I wish I had a clear answer on this.

EDIT2:
33 vs 35. It's simple (but it's not): 33 on 4D was better than in pictures, with no limousine effect. It was as acceptable to watch as it's acceptable to watch a Wrangler on 33s. If you love a Wrangler on 33s you will be fine with 33s.
So my answer is: 33s look good and is fine but. But 35s definitely look a little better.

EDIT3:
I tried to add in this post questions from the thread (13 pages and counting) and my answers but it does not work. I have answered to a few questions particularly in page 3 to 6.

Ford Bronco My KOH Bronco ride Mega Feedback Report and new information gleaned Buff This Out FBYT
Thank you for the information! Kind of frustrating that the dealership that I am working with doesn’t have this much information. Really would like to switch dealerships but I don’t know how easy that is. Thank you

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bilstein shocks
Talked to an engineer who worked on the Bronco suspension. They will release an after market version, even better than the Sasquatch one.
Did they happen to elaborate on this? I might just wait and grab that and the larger gearing afterwards then🤔...

Warthog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
EXCELLENT writeup! Thanx!

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just some unasked-for advice on the trailer (and something I am still heavily considering) if you don't have a garage to store the yaks in to keep them nice:
Get you an enclosed trailer and mount your storage for yaks on the walls.
Literally load them up, take them home, spray them off, and they are stored, protected, and good to go on the next trip.
With our current setup I have to unload all 6 (or more),
clean them up in preparation to go (so there are not snakes or surprise spiders),
re-load them on the racks,
back up to the trailer,
double-check the tie downs,
make sure nothing is going to fly off,
unload,
go yakking,
re-load,
take them back off at home,
wash them off, let dry
prep them with some 304 protectant,
reload, etc.
They still get some UV damage and dirty while sitting outside.
I'm seriously considering a 12' V nose enclosed, Raptor-lining the whole inside to protect it from water, installing some drains in the floor similar the ones in the Bronco, and go with it.
All the life jackets, gear, paddles and all are stored inside and ready to go when you are.
It takes me like an hour and a half to prep before we even leave the house and another hour and a half once back home, and that gets old.
I've got the opposite problem - no space for the trailer - so looking at a lightweight storable solution - maybe something from Malone or the Rack-n-Roll.

Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yesterday I drove out to Hammer Town to check out the Bronco and take part in the 45 minute test drive. They had 1 opening left at 4pm so I signed up and waited around for 3.5 hours. This gave me time to walk around hammer town it’s SEMA in the middle of the desert 😂. Around 3:30pm I started waiting inline and at 4:30pm they cancled all Bronco rides due to high winds and sands storms 🤬.
I was pissed, nothing like an 8hr round trip from vegas just to see the Bronco in person with out a ride. They had pro off-road drivers driving people the route they had setup for the Bronco was epic!! I know my driving skills are nothing like those drivers so I was all excited to see what the factory Bronco could do.
Thankfully they had a rapid red Bronco on-site and I was able to see it in person knowing I chose this color during my dealer order 🥳. Area 51 is pretty cool in person but it’s not my flavor and I think it’s going to be played out fast.
I will post some photos of the Bronco and the rolling chassis along with my ride I drove out to the event. I know a lot of people were clowning me in the land of 4wd 😆
The factory Sasquatch wheels are dog ugly I will be removing them ASAP!

A947A3E6-6E3C-4BDE-BCE9-2F0C8487B447.jpeg

F9837B89-A433-473C-8820-C857AE379F98.jpeg

45D63DD0-04AE-44AC-B6E5-5171E6DC85E3.jpeg

CF86EAAC-571B-49FA-85E3-6786F09A6CBE.jpeg

46FE03B1-5340-49E2-812E-1889C6B687B5.jpeg

62D0FC36-1148-46D5-A32C-15197987141A.jpeg

54135E3D-A95C-47C9-9E54-F66D2A7F2893.jpeg

1E2D74EE-314B-4DE1-9132-FC7B4CC9EB1F.jpeg

24FDF2AD-DC3C-42E3-8E36-91647DECA835.jpeg

2987B77E-20A7-4F39-A4C0-522BE53CDA25.jpeg

C0B5FBD0-AC86-4418-ACC0-775FEF4A7AA3.jpeg

57B1982B-A833-4C5B-B7B9-8C10F72A765A.jpeg

CE654DA2-FACE-4F5F-894D-86EEEF52A524.jpeg

AFB1E528-9670-44A1-8FA6-91C18F9AC4FA.jpeg

8180C7A0-9AC5-4245-A417-5F63ECFFD418.jpeg

4FC62F8F-5C2C-48A9-8F71-CD13BE83A650.jpeg

449F294D-01C9-442C-8B68-A0BDF309AB16.jpeg

394F3F82-3337-4D6D-8B09-4D0582B2C574.jpeg

C54C9A83-43A6-4526-9A2B-58A94C326EF0.jpeg

F9B6080E-5E1C-4DA4-955B-7A80816565C1.jpeg

5E529365-7F13-4B31-B250-595223FFC4B7.jpeg

BroncoClass

Outer Banks
First Name
OLIVIA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Discovery Land Rover Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wasn’t finding answers on some things and also couldn’t decide between 33 and 35. So I took a last minute ticket and flew to Vegas then drove to the event just to spend time with the Broncos then go back home. I met did the ride with a friend who is also getting one and he agrees with mostly everything I report below. So you got 2 opinions in one. Enjoy.

Overall conditions of the ride:
FE 4D (so Sasquatch and 2.7) for 30 mins over high speed trail, large bumps and large rocks, deep sand, steep slopes.

Ride
Truly unbelievable. I can tell you this: you can’t realize how capable it is until you ride in one. We flew at 65mph over large bumps and rocks effortlessly. It’s a Raptor with less power and better crawling/agility.
Honestly the Wrangler is a joke in comparison for anything other than rock crawling. It’s like comparing a Prius and a desert buggy. I do believe when Broncos are out in the streets and people and their friends try it off road Jeep will have a hard time selling that vehicle.
Everything we drove through bumps rocks steep slopes and deep sand felt easy for the Bronco. My friend has strong lower back pain and was amazed to have more pain in the rental car on pavement than going over that course in the Bronco - no joke.
Whatever your expectations are for capabilities (especially high speed off roading) get ready to be blown away.

Ride mode and tech
Trail turn: amazing and useful
1 pedal driving: pretty cool does what it says it does
Sway bar: so we did crawl a rock and disconnected and the tire was high above the ground and it made full contact when he pushed the button. Much more impressed than the video I have seen of it.
Baja: it’s a must. The pro racing driver said he uses that most of the time and it works great for a lot of situations off road even simple crawling.
Cameras are really great and helpful.

Comfort
Excellent both seats and position. Felt better than the 2020 ranger I tried last week.

Engine
Our driver tested both the 2.3 and 2.7. Said he actually felt little difference in power and 2.3 is more than capable.
The 2.7 we rode sounded bad and I assume the 2.3 is same or even worst.

Sound deadening / noise
So we rode the 1st edition with sound drawing headliner (looks and feels nice, I am getting one) and the additional deadening from high package.
I can’t say how much those sound deadening packages impacted noise but: Super impressed. It felt like a quite SUV, nothing like a Jeep even at 60mph off road. The only issue is we got some little rattling from the roof going over bumps. I hope that’s not the case on production version.

Leg room and head room
I am 6’5”. Can’t fit in a Wrangler JL cause my head hits the bar. Plenty of headroom in the Bronco, and more legroom than the JL as well. Super happy on this point.

Roof rack on squatch
I asked multiple people at the booth and It’s a center of gravity issue. Ford is redesigning the actual roof for 2022 with different bolt placement for the new roof rack. If you need a roof rack like me and want Sasquatch it’s a tough call: get a 2021 and hope to get one at the dealer this summer, or get a 2022MY. So it looks like the 22 roof rack won’t be compatible with the 21MY Bronco.
See edit below.

Skid plates
I crawled under the body of a Badlands and a Wildtrak. The badlands has steel plates under the fuel tank and other places, while the Wildtrak doesn’t.

33 vs 35
This truck looks perfect on 35s. But the look on 33s was good in fact I didn’t like it much in photo (limousine effect) but it was good in person.
See additional info in edit below.

Bilstein shocks

Measurement

Crash bars
The badlands on 33 had the crash bar in front and behind of the front wheels, but the Wildtrak didn’t. It looks like it’s removable and it also looks like they would accommodate the 35 ok. Not sure why they removed them and if it will come with it from the factory or not.

MIC top
Looks great. With a little dirt on the car couldn’t see a difference between it and the fender flares.

Shiny black grille and mirrors
Always thought it was horrible on the Wildtrak but was much better in real life. The shiny black mirrors didn’t bother me even though they don’t match the

Interior colors
Wildtrak interior looks great. Sandstone is much better on the panel than in picture.
Badlands is same as on picture: great
Navy pier on FE: looks shit in my opinion, a bit darker than In the picture.

Interior quality and panel
Feels ok. Better than in picture. Not super premium but above average materials

Here you go. Not posting much pictures cause I have the same as everybody!

EDIT1:
So the roof rack thing made a lot of noise. To clarify:
That's an important issue to me because I want Sasquatch but need a rack. I asked to every person I could the same question at the event: why no roof rack on the 21MY Sasquatch and what will be different in 2022.
One guy said it was a very sensitive topic at Ford and that he could not say anything. When I mentionned CG, he said well I can't say it but since you said it then yes. Also the most knowledgeable guy told me that they do plan to change the way the rack connects to the roof in 22Y and that the bolt placement would be different.
Ford officially mentionned that there will be a "new roof rack platform for 22MY Sasquatch".
Nobody said for sure you can't put a 22 Rack on a 21 Bronco, that's why I said "it looks like it won't be compatible". If bolt placement is indeed different then it does not look compatible.
It's super frustrating to drop 50K in a car you don't know if you will have a rack available at the dealer in 21 and you don't know if your roof will be obsolete after 6 months.
I am sorry I could not get more info, I wish I had a clear answer on this.

EDIT2:
33 vs 35. It's simple (but it's not): 33 on 4D was better than in pictures, with no limousine effect. It was as acceptable to watch as it's acceptable to watch a Wrangler on 33s. If you love a Wrangler on 33s you will be fine with 33s.
So my answer is: 33s look good and is fine but. But 35s definitely look a little better.

EDIT3:
I tried to add in this post questions from the thread (13 pages and counting) and my answers but it does not work. I have answered to a few questions particularly in page 3 to 6.

Ford Bronco My KOH Bronco ride Mega Feedback Report and new information gleaned 5E529365-7F13-4B31-B250-595223FFC4B7
Thanks for the write up. Very well written 👏🏾

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yesterday I drove out to Hammer Town to check out the Bronco and take part in the 45 minute test drive. They had 1 opening left at 4pm so I signed up and waited around for 3.5 hours. This gave me time to walk around hammer town it’s SEMA in the middle of the desert 😂. Around 3:30pm I started waiting inline and at 4:30pm they cancled all Bronco rides due to high winds and sands storms 🤬.
I was pissed, nothing like an 8hr round trip from vegas just to see the Bronco in person with out a ride. They had pro off-road drivers driving people the route they had setup for the Bronco was epic!! I know my driving skills are nothing like those drivers so I was all excited to see what the factory Bronco could do.
Thankfully they had a rapid red Bronco on-site and I was able to see it in person knowing I chose this color during my dealer order 🥳. Area 51 is pretty cool in person but it’s not my flavor and I think it’s going to be played out fast.
I will post some photos of the Bronco and the rolling chassis along with my ride I drove out to the event. I know a lot of people were clowning me in the land of 4wd 😆
The factory Sasquatch wheels are dog ugly I will be removing them ASAP!

Ford Bronco My KOH Bronco ride Mega Feedback Report and new information gleaned 5E529365-7F13-4B31-B250-595223FFC4B7

Sucks about the ride, glad you got to check it out at least!

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't believe the roof rack thing for a second. If it's a center of gravity issue how does it change with simply where bolt placement is? If this was a known issue and Bronco is several months out from production how has it not already been rectified? I call bullshit.
Agree. COG has nothing to do with bolt placement. On the other hand, if the height of the roof rack is being redesigned to be closer to roof, that would change the COG and could also have a secondary impact of changing the attachment points, that would make sense.
Sponsored