Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great stuff, thanks for sharing the 33 vs 35 pics and write up. My employer’s underground parking garage has me leaning 33 but I feel better about it now. IMO the Squatch looks better but a stock BL still looks respectable and seems plenty capable. To my eye it’s no more disproportioned than a stock 4D Rubicon or 4Runner TRD. Down the road, with my next set of tires, I’ll look into closing the gap a bit (i.e. 285/75/R17).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree. COG has nothing to do with bolt placement. On the other hand, if the height of the roof rack is being redesigned to be closer to roof, that would change the COG and could also have a secondary impact of changing the attachment points, that would make sense.
yeah, but unless the racks have been in production since the BnP has been up showing that we can't get the rack then I don't see that as the case either. What's the explanation for the headliner and paint film then? Neither of those affect cog and neither of those can be had with certain combos.

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone posted any videos from the 2.3 7MT that is out there? I haven't seen it, and I am wondering if I missed it.

cyberbro

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well it looks like the cash cow of FCA is about to get taken out. I almost regret having a nice JKUR now. I guess the aftermarket will be jumping on the Bronco with everything ASAP. I'll be hating the Bronco till I get mine. There goes my life savings.
Don't worry, I have spent about 5 or 6 life savings already.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah, but unless the racks have been in production since the BnP has been up showing that we can't get the rack then I don't see that as the case either. What's the explanation for the headliner and paint film then? Neither of those affect cog and neither of those can be had with certain combos.
Paint film and headliners do add weight and impact COG, but obviously very minimally. All I can think of is the calculation must be right at the limit where adding a few pounds pushes the result just over some limitation. It sounds like this vehicle is heavy to begin with, so they may be looking to shave a few pounds in other areas such as expanding the use of the new high strength/low weight alloy metal they're using in certain parts of the Bronco. This is all speculation on my part since the real issues are closely guarded secrets.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bronco hip and shoulder dimensions are practically identical.
I have seat time in the Bronco and my brother owns a wrangler I drive often. Simple fact is if you find the wrangler too narrow you will feel the same about Bronco. Obviously most people are fine with it, they sell a ton of wranglers. I’m one who wishes there was a couple more inches of shoulder room. The seat and headroom is definitely more comfortable, my only negative is the shoulder room.

rugbyback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Center wheel to fender: 22 3/4in, both for Badlands on 33 and a first edition
Awesome post and thanks for measuring! Just a thought, but could the additional width of the SAS fender flares have more slope, creating less measurable lift. Not sure exactly where you measured or if there is actual slope though. Again, great post.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome post and thanks for measuring! Just a thought, but could the additional width of the SAS fender flares have more slope, creating less measurable lift. Not sure exactly where you measured or if there is actual slope though. Again, great post.
I just came here to say the same exact thing. Is there a way to measure to the inner metal fender to get an apples to apples number? This is really good info that I have been trying to get. I've always said the lack of information from Ford is probably hiding the fact there isn't much if any difference.

rugbyback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was at the event today in Conshy PA where they had a non-SAS BL and a BD SAS. Measured from the metal edge of the wheel well under the flare, to center of the wheel. Definitely a difference. Had it at about 1/2", give or take 1/8". Just throwing it out there.
Sponsored

Last edited: