Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
tent-and-view.jpg

The alternative is better anyway.
Can't argue with that! I do plenty of backpacking but there are times when it's nice to pull into a TH at dark and just crawl in the back for some shut eye. 😁
Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
You mention the below... Do you have any pictures to support this? I had a very tough decision to shift from 2-door to 4-door, but now considering going back. However there is that video of the black 2-door with black top where the 6'2 guy has issues getting in and out. What sway's me toward the 4 door is my son and I can actually sleep in it if necessary, and any family trips (3 of us) everything can fit into it w/o having to pack on top or on hitch carrier. Still mostly on a 4-door but my soul wants a 2. .. .so just wondering if you snapped any pics of the Badlands 2 vs 4 door at KoH. Thank you!

"
Appearance
  • The 2 door proportions are perfect and it is really stunning in person. The 4 door proportion seem a little off to me. I'm sure that will piss off a bunch of you."
When it comes to looks use your own judgement. The advantages of 4dr and many not just rear seat access. More cargo space and the pillar between the doors adds rigidity. Also the doors and much bigger and heavier on 2dr. I get it however that old Broncos were 2 dr, and probably the reason for the anti 4dr bias.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If one adds a 1 or 2 inch lift and 37s, will the 4 door look better?
Most importantly, what do you think and what do you want? It’ll be your rig and you’ll be paying for it. Who cares what others think!
IMO, 35s on the 4-door is the right size for on and off road, but 33s look good too. I think 37s is a waste of money—especially if looks are driving the decision.
I’m getting a 2-door BD. I’ll upsize to 33s. Sure 35s would be better for my off-road adventures, but I’ll compromise for better street manners and to save a few bucks in gas and future tire changes.

Sponsored

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
That old script in your profile photo, looks amazing. FORD needs to bring that back in the Heritage Edition and put it on the interior. The same with the old FORD stamped letters on the back. It looks amazing and so much better than the blue oval.
I thought about getting a base and installing the bronco script on the Side fender. Using it as inspiration for building my own heritage model.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So big bend on 32s is a mistake ???
Not necessarily so. The most important thing to keep in mind is, how will you use your Bronco? I’m not talking about the dreams of tearing off across the desert, clawing up rock walls, etc. Be honest with yourself, how WILL you use it? Then maybe build it a little beyond that now, or plan on upgrades after a few years.
I keep getting caught up in the hype and dreams, but each time remind myself of how I’ll ACTUALLY use it—at least at first. Looks are important to me too. I want to like what I see every time I walk up to my Bronco, but I’m not going to let what others think looks good to influence what I build or how I spend my money.

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So big bend on 32s is a mistake ???
I wouldn't stress too much on the tires. Get what you want and enjoy it. I own an F-150 XL. It comes with crap wheels and tires. I was able to buy a set of 5 Raptor Wheels for $300 with 15 miles on them. There will be a lot of people upgrading wheels and tires to their personal preference. If you decide to upgrade later I think there is a very good chance you can pick up the bigger Bronco wheels or tires at a huge discount. Make friends at the Ford Dealership and tell them you are looking for a stock set after someone upgrades theirs.

I guess what I'm saying it wheels and tires are the easiest thing to change, and it can be done very cheaply if you like the bigger wheel tire combos that come stock from the factory. They can also be had at amazing prices.

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the manual has decent control too?

What did you think of the manual as the driver drove it? Anything stick out to you?

My JK tailgate does that too. You’d think some well placed rubber would eliminate a lot of it.
Have we seen a video of the MT in action yet?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Have we seen a video of the MT in action yet?
I have been looking for it. All of those automatic GOAT mode one pedal driving demos, and no one recorded a manual crawler gear demo and posted it ...

Sponsored

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The tailgate rattled endlessly and reminded me of my jeep in the 80's.
I sure hope Ford has devised a fix for this? After driving an FJ cruiser with a similar tire mounted swing gate it never rattled with over after 14 years and well over 100,000 miles of hard use.

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was it squatched? How was ingress/egress for the drivers seat (grab handles needed or anything like that)?

I hated my pano-roof for so many reasons :) My current F150 doesn't have it and I would never want one again! I will be much more forgiving of my Broncos' roof, sort of expect it won't be perfect. It is the one thing I sort of dread. I might even prefer it was 2 vs. 3 piece (not 1 piece, my LJ roof was super awkward to remove) for simplicity, remains to be seen.
I agree, I can't stand sunroofs or moonroofs either. If there's any leaks or excessive wind noise I'll definitely be looking into a one-piece hard top, I might get one anyways if it's lighter and cleaner looking.

Thanks for all the good information. Sometimes the story is just as interesting as looking at the pictures! Although I still enjoy seeing pictures of them topless! :cool:
Are we still talking about the Bronco or not? Either way I agree. ;)
(@618TRVLWILD , no shirtless pics of Fabio 2.0!😛)

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't argue with that! I do plenty of backpacking but there are times when it's nice to pull into a TH at dark and just crawl in the back for some shut eye. 😁
I hear ya. We did that when I had a FJ Cruiser. Drove down to Florida, slept at Cocoa Beach, watched the sun rise, went down to Orlando for a few hours, then drove to the east coast and watched the sun set. Watching the sun rise and set over the ocean on the same day was pretty cool.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't stress too much on the tires. Get what you want and enjoy it. I own an F-150 XL. It comes with crap wheels and tires. I was able to buy a set of 5 Raptor Wheels for $300 with 15 miles on them. There will be a lot of people upgrading wheels and tires to their personal preference. If you decide to upgrade later I think there is a very good chance you can pick up the bigger Bronco wheels or tires at a huge discount. Make friends at the Ford Dealership and tell them you are looking for a stock set after someone upgrades theirs.

I guess what I'm saying it wheels and tires are the easiest thing to change, and it can be done very cheaply if you like the bigger wheel tire combos that come stock from the factory. They can also be had at amazing prices.
Good perspective. Thanks !

Because I can’t see it or feel it, it’s very hard for me to figure how the Big Bend on 32s will look and in person.
It will log a lot of miles as my DD and have light off-reading duties but no rock crawling.

But I want it capable and I want it to have a good stance/look.
Sponsored