First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The whole back of it just popped off. Looks like it clips in somehow, but after trying to reattach it myself in very limited access 2 door, I gave up. 95 degree weather and 90% humidity doesn’t help either.
Back to dealer. If anyone has tips to reattach I’d love to hear it.
1BF3201E-F10F-4B32-A90C-B5539029C964.jpeg
ME ME! This exact thing happened to me literally on the dealer lot after I wrote the check. It's not hard to fix. You have to unhook the two bungies under the seat that pull the bottom "flap" under the seat. You can feel with your hands where they go and its just little hooks under there and you just slide them off. No vision necessary, just use your hands while outside the vehicle. Unfortunately one of the bungies is under a wire plug so you have to grab the plug junction and pull it downward until it pops out of its little mount. With a little force and wiggling it will pop out. Once you unhook the two bungies then you sit in the back seat and stab the two top hooks in at a pretty steep angle to get them into the metal frame holes. You have to push pretty hard (but not gorilla) to compress the padding on the seat enough to get them in the metal, not just padding. Once they are in then you swing the whole panel downward and the bottom clips will lock into place. Once on, if you can pull at the top and it stays on, you are in properly. Then just put the bungies back on underneath and push the wire plug back into its clip hole and you are done. You cannot get it back in without unhooking the bottom because you have to come in at a steeper angle than you can achieve with the bungies in place. I think they are not getting installed correctly at the factory because they will stay on with the tops hooks just in the foam but it doesn't take much for them to come off later.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncocnorB

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ME ME! This exact thing happened to me literally on the dealer lot after I wrote the check. It's not hard to fix. You have to unhook the two bungies under the seat that pull the bottom "flap" under the seat. You can feel with your hands where they go and its just little hooks under there and you just slide them off. No vision necessary, just use your hands while outside the vehicle. Unfortunately one of the bungies is under a wire plug so you have to grab the plug junction and pull it downward until it pops out of its little mount. With a little force and wiggling it will pop out. Once you unhook the two bungies then you sit in the back seat and stab the two top hooks in at a pretty steep angle to get them into the metal frame holes. You have to push pretty hard (but not gorilla) to compress the padding on the seat enough to get them in the metal, not just padding. Once they are in then you swing the whole panel downward and the bottom clips will lock into place. Once on, if you can pull at the top and it stays on, you are in properly. Then just put the bungies back on underneath and push the wire plug back into its clip hole and you are done. You cannot get it back in without unhooking the bottom because you have to come in at a steeper angle than you can achieve with the bungies in place. I think they are not getting installed correctly at the factory because they will stay on with the tops hooks just in the foam but it doesn't take much for them to come off later.
TY!!!! I’ll give it a try!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Seats with hard back panel

NOTE:
The following steps are only necessary for seats in 3-Door vehicles.

1. Detach the retainers and pull the front seat backrest panel away from the front seat backrest.
    1. Release the front seat backrest panel retainers.
      Use the General Equipment: Interior Trim Remover
    1. Pull the front seat backrest panel away from the front seat backrest.

1. Remove the front seat backrest panel.
    • Pull the front seat backrest panel down and out.
Bookmarked for when I put this into my passenger seat:
https://corbeau.com/inflatable-lumbar-support/

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not surprising, my 3mo old MGV drivers seat is lookin saggy already. Not very inspiring that it’ll hold up long term.

OP
OP
BroncocnorB

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seat fixed. My awesome service advisor at Walker Ford in Clearwater made the repairs in 15 minutes at 7:30 AM. Just as you all had noted, remove some connections and reinstall. Walker Ford is awesome just sayin’
Sponsored