Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco My MIC 2.0 (Molded in Color Version 2) Roof showing exposed honeycomb tempImagemxroID

Finally brought home our Dirt Mountain 2DR Badsquatch that had been sitting since 6/30. Love it, but the MIC issues are not over. Took off the top and saw the inside of the passenger rear window has exposed honeycomb. seems worse than a lot of the issues with the MIC V1. I'm sure we'll get it fixed, not bothering the dealer over the weekend. Very happy to have it home while we figure it. But seriously... 3 extra months to have the exact issues that were supposedly fixed. Not sure how it got through QC. A few other issues here and there with an early example of a first year run of a new model. I guess I'm glad it did make it though QC so it didn't sit longer but wow. Luckily no rain in the forecast for the next week and temps in the low 80s. The top can sit in the garage.

Ford Bronco My MIC 2.0 (Molded in Color Version 2) Roof showing exposed honeycomb tempImage93NcFY
Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks okay to me but can’t tell from photo.

Maybe more pics?

So does the top leak when you spray or dump water on it?

I got low standards so if it doesn’t leak and not cracked I wouldn’t bother with the hassle of exchange. It’s just me though.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

tempImagemxroID.jpg

Finally brought home our Dirt Mountain 2DR Badsquatch that had been sitting since 6/30. Love it, but the MIC issues are not over. Took off the top and saw the inside of the passenger rear window has exposed honeycomb. seems worse than a lot of the issues with the MIC V1. I'm sure we'll get it fixed, not bothering the dealer over the weekend. Very happy to have it home while we figure it. But seriously... 3 extra months to have the exact issues that were supposedly fixed. Not sure how it got through QC. A few other issues here and there with an early example of a first year run of a new model. I guess I'm glad it did make it though QC so it didn't sit longer but wow. Luckily no rain in the forecast for the next week and temps in the low 80s. The top can sit in the garage.

tempImage93NcFY.jpg
I’d let the dealer no ASAP for a replacement the list is long you better get on it ASAP . I am starting to think ford could care less about the quality controle . Wish the build quality was better on the bronco. Also how do you know you got a
Mic 2.0 you
Could have a1.0 they missed

OP
OP
Triceratops

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks okay to me but can’t tell from photo.

Maybe more pics?

So does the top leak when you spray or dump water on it?

I got low standards so if it doesn’t leak and not cracked I wouldn’t bother with the hassle of exchange. It’s just me though.
You can poke and squish the internal cardboard.

Ford Bronco My MIC 2.0 (Molded in Color Version 2) Roof showing exposed honeycomb 200

Sponsored
OP
OP
Triceratops

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d let the dealer no ASAP for a replacement the list is long you better get on it ASAP . I am starting to think ford could care less about the quality controle . Wish the build quality was better on the bronco. Also how do you know you got a
Mic 2.0 you
Could have a1.0 they missed
I guess I don't know that it is V2. Being that they are changing all of them before shipment one would assume. Not sure if there is a part number or sticker to check. If it sat for 3 months only to not have them change it that would be pretty funny (sad).

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can poke and squish the internal cardboard.

Ford Bronco My MIC 2.0 (Molded in Color Version 2) Roof showing exposed honeycomb 200
Gotcha yeah that is not good. Okay I’d do a exchange or warranty claim then. Don’t count on dealer or Ford getting a new hardtop any time soon. My guess it was probably missed.

I’d suggest more pics however. I can’t tell based on your photo. A small little burr is nothing in my book.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am starting to think ford could care less about the quality control
My BD with aluminum wheel option made it to the dealer this week. Substantial 1.5" gash on all 5 wheels in exactly the same place. Same dealer also received a BD/AlumWheels 2 weeks earlier with EXACTLY the same 5 flaws.

Ford is replacing all 5 wheels; dealer says this is a $5,500 commitment. So...YAY for that - but anyone who thinks there is significant QC at MAP is delusional.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Personally I think some MIC 1.0's made it out after they were marked "replaced" in whatever system Ford is using. We just saw someone get their Bronco with the wrong seats in it. Ford's QC is..... bad.

Sponsored

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It could be worse. You could be like the guy that got Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. QC really dropped the ball on that one.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My BD with aluminum wheel option made it to the dealer this week. Substantial 1.5" gash on all 5 wheels in exactly the same place. Same dealer also received a BD/AlumWheels 2 weeks earlier with EXACTLY the same 5 flaws.

Ford is replacing all 5 wheels; dealer says this is a $5,500 commitment. So...YAY for that - but anyone who thinks there is significant QC at MAP is delusional.
The people at map need to get there shit together I understand they working long hours but honestly there are no excuses for why vehicles are being sent out like this. I am betting it’s because they have a bunch of new employees since everyone is quitting there jobs to get paid to stay at home and do nothing if you
Know what I mean I will leave it at that

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s another thread here with a BD receiving BL rear seats. I really think that they’re just trying to push these out.
Sucks that you have to deal with this but congrats that you have her home. I would take lots of pics and document everything wrong so your dealer can file and replace them.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No thanks on the MIC. I do like your rig! It will get sorted at some point.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is anyone thinking of bailing on the bronco with the known build quality issues. For what these things cost the quality should be a lot better my black diamond Sasquatch is being built the week of nov 22 I’m not bailing but don’t want to get a 50 some thousand dollar paper weight either.
Sponsored