Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
My top has a label inside near the vertical section of the roll bar. It gives a date that a coating was applied. Might give you a clue if it’s MIC 1.0
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My BD with aluminum wheel option made it to the dealer this week. Substantial 1.5" gash on all 5 wheels in exactly the same place. Same dealer also received a BD/AlumWheels 2 weeks earlier with EXACTLY the same 5 flaws.

Ford is replacing all 5 wheels; dealer says this is a $5,500 commitment. So...YAY for that - but anyone who thinks there is significant QC at MAP is delusional.
I just got my BD and it had a pretty scratched up driver door panel that they are replacing. The horn pad on the drivers steering had a small scratch but I didn't complain about that. The passenger door has a scratch down to the metal right on the edge bottom corner...I think I am just going to use a touch up pen on that because I am too afraid of a non matching repainted door. One of the rock rails had a small ding in it, again not a big deal, its a rock rail. The roll bar in the back has some light runs in the paint. The top actually looks pretty decent. I have been around a lot of jeeps and those tops are far from perfect as well. Most of the marks on it were on top where you can't see them. The seams of the top all look really good except the edge where the rack connects on each side in the back, it is not as "rolled" as the other edges.

Also the electronics seem buggy, but after a couple days it looks to be getting better. On the way home from the dealer (3 hour drive) the music from my phone was skipping quite a bit over blutooth at first. The windows would jump up and down a bit while using the buttons and the automatic high beams would flicker up and down some. I drove it yesterday and nothing was messed up.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
with the known build quality issues.
A. There's no indication this will self-correct anytime soon.

B. At least you're getting 100%+++ on your trade in

C. I never had a Plan B - or I'd have given it serious consideration

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a sneaking suspicion Ford actually started shipping vehicles with V1 MIC again while V2 was coming online. Seems they started shipping again a lot sooner than anticipated. I was told to not even expect contact until Mid October, yet my Bronco was built 10/1 and is almost here already..

I saw some supposed new Mic 2.0 tops in person and while the edges looked better, still had the snakeskin hex pattern and looked a little unfinished on the inside.

It is what it is. I'll take delivery and make my complaints if I have any.. but I think I will likely end up with an aftermarket top either way.

Sponsored

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think some of us are just assuming that we got a 2.0. More than likely FORD let a bunch of 1.0 MIC Broncos ship after an “inspection” of them. Thinking they would get away with a little bullshitting.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone thinking of bailing on the bronco with the known build quality issues. For what these things cost the quality should be a lot better my black diamond Sasquatch is being built the week of nov 22 I’m not bailing but don’t want to get a 50 some thousand dollar paper weight either.
Nope!

Ford will fix the big stuff, and sometimes it's better to enjoy a vehicle than to let every little flaw ruin the experience.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I think some MIC 1.0's made it out after they were marked "replaced" in whatever system Ford is using. We just saw someone get their Bronco with the wrong seats in it. Ford's QC is..... bad.
Link to somebody getting the wrong seats please!🤣🤣

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone thinking of bailing on the bronco with the known build quality issues. For what these things cost the quality should be a lot better my black diamond Sasquatch is being built the week of nov 22 I’m not bailing but don’t want to get a 50 some thousand dollar paper weight either.
I am definitely glad that I am going to wait a couple years on it. wifes 4runner is paid off in about 2 years, so we'll replace then. if I like it enough, I'll spend the money on a 2dr toy to park along side the rest of the broncos and mustangs.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am definitely glad that I am going to wait a couple years on it. wifes 4runner is paid off in about 2 years, so we'll replace then. if I like it enough, I'll spend the money on a 2dr toy to park along side the rest of the broncos and mustangs.
Yep. Our family doesn’t require a new vehicle right now. I have zero issues kicking the cam down the road to 2023/2024 right now. I actually wonder if my build will get pulled in 2022, since I’m leaning 4dr BaseSas soft top. That seemed like a fairly popular build that was getting pulled by some really late reservations in 2021.

I might actually 99 it with Granger to start off the new model year.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It could be worse. You could be like the guy that got Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. QC really dropped the ball on that one.
March 1997, my wife bought a brand new BMW Z3. The car had the optional leather package. The driver's seat was leather, the passenger seat was BMW vinyl. BMW vinyl is very good and difficult to distinguish between leather. BMW replaced the seat under warranty. No big deal. Mistakes during manufacturing happen even with what is considered a premium auto manufacturer. We've had the car for going on 24 years now and 195,000 miles. It was a manufacturing error; not a quality issue.

Let's all just calm down.
Sponsored