Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the write up! I just canā€™t comprehend how a vehicle like this would not offer magnetorheological shocks. Especially with all the goat modes. That makes zero sense to me. If the goat modes only adjust throttle response and automatic transmission shift points, they are pretty much worthless especially on a Bronco with a manual transmission. Cockpit adjustable shocks have been around for decades, and are standard on most vehicles in this price range. Boasting about all those goat modes when the suspension isnā€™t affected, just makes no sense.

Edit: Ok, maybe Iā€™m wrong:
https://carbuzz.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-suspension-system-can-dance-to-music

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-active-suspension-modes-patent/

According to this, the suspension is adjustable (hard to believe it isnā€™t), but everything Iā€™ve read prior to this said the goat modes did not affect suspension. And if it is adjustable, I donā€™t understand why body roll would be excessive on the road.
Some of the test drivers in the videos I've watch (which is a lot) like to put it in dirt modes on the paved roads. Not sure why. I'm sure that would affect the performance including roll. If they were air down (they were in some cases) it could have a significant affect on road feel.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cockpit adjustable shocks have been around for decades, and are standard on most vehicles in this price range.
Also, where is my flying car and my robot maid I was promised on the Jetsons?

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is where many will have issues with the Bronco when they expect it to ride and drive like a Range Rover. It seems like the advent of its return has drawn people who wouldn't dare be caught in a Jeep, but will also have no frame of reference for these types of vehicles.

Thanks for the report @broncosor !
Squatch you nailed it.....this site is going to full of 'complaints' and 'disappointment' because people are not used to or expecting an adventure truck and are coming from luxury cars and crossovers.

Even if they hate Jeeps they should do themselves a favor and test drive a Jeep. While Bronco appears to be improving on a lot of Jeep areas they are still going to be closer to each other than comparing it to something like a fully loaded Explorer.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[QUOTE="broncosor, post: 540491]
- The body roll on the road was severe. I am wondering if the badlands has softer suspensions (because it's more rock crawling oriented). I asked the driver and he said it's about the same as Sasquatch but Sasquatch feels even worst (in body roll) because of the tire width and low pressure.
For me it's not a problem as I guess it's a compromise you need to make if you want great off road performance but I thought it could bother some people.
This is about what I expected for a softly sprung offroader.

It also explains the super low tow rating and low to no roof weight rating complaints.

....and yet there are still those who think the Squatch will have a stiff ride "because of the stiff springs required to lift it". :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]
Thanks and great write up again! The stock tire pressure is a relatively high 39PSI. I wonder how that would translate on road vs. the 29 to 30 they reported using in the demo vehicles? I was in a BB 4dr soft top SQ and didnā€™t feel that the ride/body roll was excessive (felt similar to my F150) but it wasnā€™t off road at all and I assume the tires were fully inflated. I am super jealous btw, canā€™t wait to get mine and play in the dirt!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, where is my flying car and my robot maid I was promised on the Jetsons?
I have never had to much power, but I have had power that was too expensive! Probably the closest was a Super Hawk, but even that wasnā€™t too much, just likely to kill me at some point because of the constant 0-120 acceleration runs it forced me to do. Eventually I was sure a deer was going to run out and take me off that bike.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the write up! I just canā€™t comprehend how a vehicle like this would not offer magnetorheological shocks. Especially with all the goat modes. That makes zero sense to me. If the goat modes only adjust throttle response and automatic transmission shift points, they are pretty much worthless especially on a Bronco with a manual transmission. Cockpit adjustable shocks have been around for decades, and are standard on most vehicles in this price range. Boasting about all those goat modes when the suspension isnā€™t affected, just makes no sense.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-active-suspension-modes-patent/

According to this, the suspension is adjustable (hard to believe it isnā€™t), but everything Iā€™ve read prior to this said the goat modes did not affect suspension. And if it is adjustable, I donā€™t understand why body roll would be excessive on the road.
Those are both speculative articles written before the actual Bronco reveal based on patent filings.

I agree that active, driver selectable suspensions have been around for a while and are featured on other ā€œoff roadā€ vehicles... but as youā€™re know, there hasnā€™t been any actual indication that the Bronco includes that feature.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A Bronco is nor a Porsche, BMW, Tesla or Corvette. It is a competitor to the Jeep Wrangler, nothing more, nothing less.

If you are expecting one of these:
These types of systems are available from OEMs for several vehicles, including the Acura MDX, Audi TT and R8, Buick Lucerne, Cadillac CTS-V, DTS, XLR, SRX, STS, Chevrolet Corvette, Camaro ZL1, Ferrari 458 Italia, Ferrari 599GTB, Ferrari F12 Berlinetta and Holden HSV Commodore.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mag...ZgBAKABAcgBCMABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

You may want to buy a Range Rover instead of a Ford.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
- The body roll on the road was severe. I am wondering if the badlands has softer suspensions (because it's more rock crawling oriented). I asked the driver and he said it's about the same as Sasquatch but Sasquatch feels even worst (in body roll) because of the tire width and low pressure......

Hi my fellow Bronco fans,

Been busy in Iceland packing up and lurking here for a few months. I have to add to the discussion that the lower air pressure usually ran off-road will cause body roll on-road. The effect is greater the larger the tire sidewalls.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody remember the Bronco 2s body roll issues......
Sure, but the new Bronco is totally different; The old Bronco II was a brand new SUV based on a Ranger frame, manual or automatic, 2.3 4-cylinder or 2.8 V6, and...oh... Never mind. Carry on!

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve been running without a front sway bar since November on my F150 on 35ā€s

Iā€™m primed and ready for soft suspension and body roll!! Bring it!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Squatch you nailed it.....this site is going to full of 'complaints' and 'disappointment' because people are not used to or expecting an adventure truck and are coming from luxury cars and crossovers.

Even if they hate Jeeps they should do themselves a favor and test drive a Jeep. While Bronco appears to be improving on a lot of Jeep areas they are still going to be closer to each other than comparing it to something like a fully loaded Explorer.
I follow your logic here, but Bronco will feel nothing like a Wrangler, as that is an SFA. A better comparison is to the ride of a 4 Runner which is also a body on frame IFS with a SRA.

Many months ago guys had to endure my rants on this topic. An off road vehicle usually gets worse on the street the better it is on the dirt and rocks.

To get a good road and rock suspension for a Wrangler, we're talking at least a Stage 2 from TeraFlex, KING, ICON, Bilstein, FOX. Then there are the tires since great MT Mickeys feel terrible on the highway, but are awesome in extreme rocks or mud. Same for Nitto and a few more.

The BFG KO2 is so iconic because it's an AT that nails near perfect balance in life, comfort, durability, traction in loose terrain.

Otherwise, large MT feel terrible on road. A flexible lift kit can be squishy and adds roll; it's physics.

You'll spend some coin to upgrade that Squatch Bilstein stage 1 1/2 suspension due to the IFS, but you can improve the feel, but none of the guys here should be foolish enough to expect such wizardry from the factory, no one gives you that outside of Range Rover and that'll cost you much more than whatever you built out your Bronco for.

And $55K for an off road capable vehicle is not expensive at all. Lot's of guys here are totally new to this and that's fine, but leave your expectations back with your old whatever you drove.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi my fellow Bronco fans,

Been busy in Iceland packing up and lurking here for a few months. I have to add to the discussion that the lower air pressure usually ran off-road will cause body roll on-road. The effect is greater the larger the tire sidewalls.
Ole Dirty Boots! :ROFLMAO:

Let's have some damn fudge! šŸ˜†

Hope you really are Walton.

If you guys haven't seen Goggins in Vice Principals on HBO, you missed a two season treat.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I follow your logic here, but Bronco will feel nothing like a Wrangler, as that is an SFA. A better comparison is to the ride of a 4 Runner which is also a body on frame IFS with a SRA.

Many months ago guys had to endure my rants on this topic. An off road vehicle usually gets worse on the street the better it is on the dirt and rocks.

To get a good road and rock suspension for a Wrangler, we're talking at least a Stage 2 from TeraFlex, KING, ICON, Bilstein, FOX. Then there are the tires since great MT Mickeys feel terrible on the highway, but are awesome in extreme rocks or mud. Same for Nitto and a few more.

The BFG KO2 is so iconic because it's an AT that nails near perfect balance in life, comfort, durability, traction in loose terrain.

Otherwise, large MT feel terrible on road. A flexible lift kit can be squishy and adds roll; it's physics.

You'll spend some coin to upgrade that Squatch Bilstein stage 1 1/2 suspension due to the IFS, but you can improve the feel, but none of the guys here should be foolish enough to expect such wizardry from the factory, no one gives you that outside of Range Rover and that'll cost you much more than whatever you built out your Bronco for.

And $55K for an off road capable vehicle is not expensive at all. Lot's of guys here are totally new to this and that's fine, but leave your expectations back with your old whatever you drove.
I am not necessarily talking about ride but on a smooth road for a short test drive it's not going to be that much different.

I mean the overall aesthetics of a truck with a removable top. It is going to be louder and be much more truck like than crossover/luxury suv. Wait for the complaints about road noise and tire noise and soft top issues and.....

I saw the same thing happen when Jeep came out with the JL redesign. It will happen here on this site. You can see some of it starting with the dealer demo reports coming out.

And the majority of Bronco buyers are not taking it off-road....just like the majority of Jeep buyers.
Sponsored