Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Swaybar reconnects automatically above 20 mph. At highway speed it would be connected regardless of driving mode.
good point, I kinda read past the part about it being on road haha

Edit: but I also think it's supposed to automatically re-disconnnect when you get back below 20. So turning could've been affected. I hope we're not just rolling around going straight on the highway.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the write up. So, if you were only getting Lux for the B&O sounds system, would you recommend going Lux or staying with high and therefore the base sound system?

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome stuff

having been a car guy predominantly and owning an SUV (Sorrento) for 5 years, I was curious what the following meant.
The body roll on the road was severe.
Is this similar to ā€œDeath Wobble?ā€
Thanks in advance!

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. Completely different. Body roll is just... body roll. It's not really an issue.
Ok. I want to say thatā€™s good, but Iā€™m still uncertain what body roll defines. Do I just feel ā€œlessā€ of the road?

Like, itā€™s softer but not meant for hugging a turn?

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. I want to say thatā€™s good, but Iā€™m still uncertain what body roll defines. Do I just feel ā€œlessā€ of the road?

Like, itā€™s softer but not meant for hugging a turn?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_roll

Every vehicle has it to an extent. It's more apparent on off-road vehicles due to the suspension.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand body roll as the vehicle leaning outwards in tight or fast turns, which can give you the feeling of flipping over any moment (well, eventually if too tight and fast you actually will flip), and general side to side bounciness. I'm mostly used to it on my Tacoma TRD Off Road though at times coming down the mountain highways with 4 people and a full load of gear it can still be a bit puckery.

Compare to a sport car that will be pretty much glued flat to the road.

At least that's my understanding of body roll, even if the name is a bit odd.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the write up! That was the one I wanted to ride in when I was there since it is the same as my build, but it was taken, so I rode in the 2 door - I figure down the road, I'll do some after market lift and bigger tires, but for a while, I plan on running the 33s to get used to it.

I've had about 5 different Jeeps and a 5th gen Bronco, but am super excited about these.

BTW, that's the same Bronco as my avatar. :cool:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome stuff

having been a car guy predominantly and owning an SUV (Sorrento) for 5 years, I was curious what the following meant.

Is this similar to ā€œDeath Wobble?ā€
Thanks in advance!
Body Roll =/= Death Wobble.

Body Roll:

5391c169fbfc4abdab7d5cc2498d6617.gif

Death Wobble:

vEfexRU.gif

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I generally like a stiffer spring than factory up front anyway and that significantly helps reduce body roll (at least in Taco, Ranger, 4Runner and FJ) and levels the front. Iā€™ll likely do that in Bronco.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Agreed!

SAS wheels are 30 offset. just going to a zero offset will make the Bronco more stable.

Regardless .. simple physics. The taller the vehicle the higher the center of gravity so you have to adjust accordingly. You just can't take corners like you would in a car.

Pressure makes sense, width does not. Putting the surfaces of the tires farther apart is literally one of the techniques for making fast vehicles more stable.

Last edited:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is where many will have issues with the Bronco when they expect it to ride and drive like a Range Rover. It seems like the advent of its return has drawn people who wouldn't dare be caught in a Jeep, but will also have no frame of reference for these types of vehicles.

Thanks for the report @broncosor !
Ford Bronco My Moab Bronco ride review and detailed 33" vs 35" tires ride comparison 1617658355203

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the write up! I just canā€™t comprehend how a vehicle like this would not offer magnetorheological shocks. Especially with all the goat modes. That makes zero sense to me. If the goat modes only adjust throttle response and automatic transmission shift points, they are pretty much worthless especially on a Bronco with a manual transmission. Cockpit adjustable shocks have been around for decades, and are standard on most vehicles in this price range. Boasting about all those goat modes when the suspension isnā€™t affected, just makes no sense.

Edit: Ok, maybe Iā€™m wrong:
https://carbuzz.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-suspension-system-can-dance-to-music

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-active-suspension-modes-patent/

According to this, the suspension is adjustable (hard to believe it isnā€™t), but everything Iā€™ve read prior to this said the goat modes did not affect suspension. And if it is adjustable, I donā€™t understand why body roll would be excessive on the road.

Last edited:

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did the tires break loose when he floored it?
Sponsored