Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco, 17' F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disconnected sta bar could have played a major part in your perceived body roll. I wonder if you noted if it was disconnected or not when you felt this.
The sway bar disconnect is supposed to auto reengage at speeds above 25 I believe
Sponsored

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
All good. But a Mustang is not a track car, unless you give the argument for a Shelby. However, a Bronco is an off road vehicle. You may elect to not take it to dirt, but that wasn't the point.

The point we were discussing was the look and looking rugged is a thing and a style. Those of us who will build more of an off road rig and cake on dirt, mud, and scratches will look cool to the crowd who don't do these things and romanticize it.

Sort of like how the guys in the Scions look up to Mustang GT owners and want to drive sporty or how those who own Ferrari are dreaming of Formula 1.

I'm constantly chasing the coolness of my dad and other old rugged guys who drove the original, old Landys, Wagoneers, Land Cruisers, etc, with a cigarette hanging, flannel rolled sleeves, jeans, boots and scruffy beards. Yet, I'm an economist in an investment bank.

I'm also Southern, and do outdoors stuff when I'm not in overpriced Italian suits from Saks. We're all chasing something my friend.
Sure man

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the ride perspective. I was trying to say the same thing in my thread "weighing performance vs aesthetics" thread, but got misunderstood. Basically, the more off road capable you make a vehicle, the less on road it will be. And many will spend 95% of their time in the Bronco on pavement. So be careful with your options, like the big tires.

I had a bouncy 90s 4runner, a Mazda B2000 truck before that. A 2WD 2002 F-150 now. None of them are the racetrack ready vehicles most passenger cars are today (judging how people whip their Cambrys around at 80MPH on the highways). I drive sane, and don't pretend my trucks are miatas....good way to roll one years ago.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

- We could try the upgraded sound system from the lux package. We were not impressed. Just don't set your expectations too high and you will be fine. Bass was strong but not rich. Trebles and mid sounded worst than our respective cars.
You just saved me $2300! Thank you sir!

One more box checked: High Package

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If I was spending $40,000 more, I would want the latest and greatest technology. I'm referring to technology that's over 20 years old -- the patent on those shocks isn't even valid anymore. The technology isn't on this Bronco at this price point because Ford didn't want to put it on there, not because it would add anything to the cost.
I just saw a video with a Professional driver Brad Lovell go on and on how Ford thru all kinds of Technology at the Bronco and he was happy that finally a manufacturer was finally using Technology to help the off road community. A lot of Tech is old before it is brought to market. :unsure:

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was at KOH and I wrote a detailed review on the forum and the feedback from you guys was overwhelming. If you haven't, you can read my full KOH ride report here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ack-report-and-new-information-gleaned.12330/

Now I went to Moab last weekend and I did ride in a 33" Badlands 4 door which is great because I can directly compare it to my ride at KOH which was on a First Edition with Sasquatch.

Of course my general impressions and comments of the Bronco from KOH still stand true so I will not re-write everything here. Just adding new comments and comparison.
I will post all the pictures (taken with a pro camera) and some videos from the ride on my IG: http://instagram.com/broncoexplorers

So here we go with my comments in no particular order:

- 33" Again gave me a good impression in term of look. We were 3 friends this time (one of them also rode at KOH with me) and we all agreed that 33" looked great on a 4D Bronco. 35" did look a bit better side by side, and all 3 of us would be very happy with either options (again just from the look).
- Now the most important part. My comparison between riding 33 and 35in tires: more difference than I thought. Both my friend and I agreed that we flew over rocks and obstacles smoother with the 35" at KOH. It was obvious. Especially in the sand dunes (that had very similar depth and pattern at both event). However I'll say this: the 3rd person that was with us and that was not at KOH was absolutely blown away by the ride. So first, yes you can see the difference driving side by side but if you buy a 33 you will never feel like you don't fly over rough stuff well, secondly the capabilities are very similar. In the end we did the course at the same speed as the 35s in front of us. It was just 5-10% rougher.
Note: driver rode both multiple times. He feels the same way as us. Also he recommends 33" for most people and said it's even an advantage in some situation due to the width and the Bronco being already quite wide. He said 35" feels worst on the highway too. (keep in mind he only tried the Broncos with 30PSI in the tires)
- The MGV felt great. For us, the interior of the BL was much better looking than the blue first edition dashboard but this is personal preference.
- Upgraded 33" tires (same as Sasquatch tires) felt great with minimal noise on the highway
- Driver floored the 2.7 on the paved road and it's more power than I'll ever need. 2.3 should be great too.
- Don't stress too much about color choice. Each time I see a new Bronco color I love it. It's not because the color is great or better, it's just that the Bronco looks great, with most colors. You will probably love what you chose.

A few negatives:

- We could try the upgraded sound system from the lux package. We were not impressed. Just don't set your expectations too high and you will be fine. Bass was strong but not rich. Trebles and mid sounded worst than our respective cars.
- At 75mph on the highway, the wind noise from the closed soft top was bad, worst than on a Jeep JL. The driver said it was because it's pre-production. Unfortunately, we did not drive the first edition (with hardtop and sound deadening) on the highway at KOH to compare but I did not notice any noise at 60mph on the dirt.
- The body roll on the road was severe. I am wondering if the badlands has softer suspensions (because it's more rock crawling oriented). I asked the driver and he said it's about the same as Sasquatch but Sasquatch feels even worst (in body roll) because of the tire width and low pressure.
For me it's not a problem as I guess it's a compromise you need to make if you want great off road performance but I thought it could bother some people.

Overall an amazing vehicle and I am super excited to receive my Badlands. Hopefully it gets here sooner than later!

Here is one teaser pic :)

_DSC5145.jpg
Tell me more about the disappointing Lux Music sound! 1. What music? Radio? CD? Etc? 2. What songs? 3. What volume?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell me more about the disappointing Lux Music sound! 1. What music? Radio? CD? Etc? 2. What songs? 3. What volume?
and without fiddling with the audio settings to get it to one's liking the whole critique is kind of pointless. I never encountered a car stereo that sounded all that great w/o setting all those things to my liking. I don't expect it to sound like a 5k custom setup, but I expect it to sound better than stock and good enough for me not to have to fiddle with upgrades, been there, done that, not going down that path again.
Stock audio in my 18 year old Taco is just fine, once I set things the way I like them, this B&O system can't possibly sound worse.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure if you’re expecting window rattling bass... or 140 DB levels... you’ll be disappointed in the B&O. Just can’t see them building a powerful system with all of the noise ordinances in many towns these days. However, with the little sub they are using, at reasonable volume levels should have a decent sound quality.
I’ve got two old school sets of Boston acoustics pro’s that I’ll swap in at some point for a little better high and mid sound... not so sure I’ll put the SPG 555 and 1000w amp in though.

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You just saved me $2300! Thank you sir!

One more box checked: High Package
I think I'm still gonna get the LUX, I doubt the EQ was even touched (which would make a huge difference in sound quality) and I really like the idea of a wireless charging pad for my phone. I couldn't care less for adaptive cruise or other lane keeping safety features.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just saw a video with a Professional driver Brad Lovell go on and on how Ford thru all kinds of Technology at the Bronco and he was happy that finally a manufacturer was finally using Technology to help the off road community. A lot of Tech is old before it is brought to market. :unsure:
Automobiles and Aircraft have a five year design cycles, or more. Once you have the design completed, have the hardware and software ready, you then face a year plus of testing to meet regulatory requirements. Cars, Trucks and Planes are not Cell Phones and X-Boxes, the technologies are not parallel comparisons.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Automobiles and Aircraft have a five year design cycles, or more. Once you have the design completed, have the hardware and software ready, you then face a year plus of testing to meet regulatory requirements. Cars, Trucks and Planes are not Cell Phones and X-Boxes, the technologies are not parallel comparisons.
Fiber and cell Tech took way more than 10 years of design and development to bring to market by BELL LABS. You are right Truck and Planes are not Cell Phones but in today's world one can not be produced or manufactured with out the other. IE chip shortage delaying production of world production. In today's world producing products for the consumer have more in common than we think. :)

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in Chicago area also.....no way around here. But I was just in Colorado for the weekend and I am sure there is higher off road use there.

And I don't care if people are buying the Bronco for the image.....free choice. Ford will need this to build a brand that has long term success.
If Jeep didn’t sell wranglers to mall crawlers and people who don’t off-road, but like the look they would have been broke a long time ago.
Sponsored

Reactions: BD1