Duke

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota RAV4 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
these were great - thanks for posting! no big deal about the vertical video as the audio is what i enjoyed the most.
Sponsored

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If this was one long video you broke into multiple parts, just upload it to YouTube and post the link. Will be a lot easier for people to watch.

I didn’t watch all the videos, did he say 8.9 mpg with SAS or was that just where his mpg was at currently for that trip?

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Moab was awesome! My wife and I road with Brad Lovell, in a Rapid Red First Edition, and for the short amount of time we were out there, he found a way to put it through its paces. I have attached a few videos and here are some general impressions:

1) The suspension on these bad boys is awesome. Brad spent some time talking through how they work in one of the video clips.
2) Brad shared he was part of the engineering/consulting team on the bronco, and tells the story of how it began 4 years ago. Pretty interesting
3) I wasn't aware the Sway Bar disconnect was that more advanced than Jeeps. He demonstrated how with the Bronco implementation, you can get one of your front wheels off the ground and engage the disconnect, while with the Jeep, you have to predict you'll need to disconnected before you need it. Big advantage Bronco!
4) Brad explains why he prefers using the Front Locker while rock climbing over using the rear locker, or even both together. Pretty cool
5) Tire pressures were at 30PSI for these rides, so not super low, but less than recommended 40PSI
6) Rides were off "Behind the Rocks Safari Rte" just off Hwy 191 South of Moab. They found some great dunes and a few small rock climbs, but all in all, we got a great feel for the Bronco's capabilities.

Other things of note: I video'd while driving down the highway to a get a feel for the road noise with Sasquatch. The tires had very little noise, at least compared to my RAM 1500 w/35in MTs. The only noticeable noise was from wind noise in the MIC top, which he of course mentioned was pre-prod. I hope that gets solved! I never asked about the rattling in the back, so I know that was common in the KOH videos as well
Would you happen to know what the definition of "spirited" was? How would you describe the road/trail at that point?

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting the videos. And thanks for confirming the 8.9 MPG is real. And your driver even mentioned 5 MPG during durability testing.

I don't think I would thrash my Bronco hard enough to get 5 MPG. That would be 85 miles on a full tank in the 2 door.

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. This is what I was hoping to see. Wanting to get a general sense of the ride before my scheduled ride on Saturday.

My favorite part:
"The faster we go, the happier it is."

If you upload this to youtube, you won't have to break it up into multiple videos.

Did you feel it was worth the trip?

PS: Ignore all those portrait mode haters. Sure landscape would be better, but if that is what they want, they can hire a professional. I appreciated the effort you went through to get these to us.
Thanks for the comments. Haters will be haters. Definitely worth the trip but I only live 3 1/2 hrs away. Also, got a hotel in Green River Utah, way less money than Moab on Easter Jeep safari weekend and only 50min away.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you happen to know what the definition of "spirited" was? How would you describe the road/trail at that point?
Haha. That was a word he used when he hit the gas hard through some serpentine curves. They were sandy, but it never seemed to lose footing. Handled them with ease. I didn’t check the speed though.

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this was one long video you broke into multiple parts, just upload it to YouTube and post the link. Will be a lot easier for people to watch.

I didn’t watch all the videos, did he say 8.9 mpg with SAS or was that just where his mpg was at currently for that trip?
Great idea! Should have done that

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the videos, gives a good impression. Road noise really does seem very low, which is neat. Wish I could do a ride along, just too far from where I live. At least I'll get to see one on 4/20 and 4/21 at two dealers here, can't wait!

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Haha. That was a word he used when he hit the gas hard through some serpentine curves. They were sandy, but it never seemed to lose footing. Handled them with ease. I didn’t check the speed though.
Figured if I used his word then you would know exactly where you were. Thanks for trying to remember though.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. What did you wife think riding in the back? Also, looking at the MIC top in the still photo, it looks like the later version that will be production. The noise is to be expected especially on the MIC. The free headliner will help, but most likely, people will opt for other products like HotHeadz.

Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. What did you wife think riding in the back? Also, looking at the MIC top in the still photo, it looks like the later version that will be production. The noise is to be expected especially on the MIC. The free headliner will help, but most likely, people will opt for other products like HotHeadz.
The noise didn't seem all that loud to me. Granted that my current ride is missing half of the floor so I'm used to some noise...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The noise didn't seem all that loud to me. Granted that my current ride is missing half of the floor so I'm used to some noise...
I didn't think the noise was bad either. I just didn't clarify that the noise that was recorded on the pavement portion likely won't improve without either opting for a mod top in MY22 or a better AM headliner. The MIC is thin to begin with.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I didn't think the noise was bad either. I just didn't clarify that the noise that was recorded on the pavement portion likely won't improve without either opting for a mod top in MY22 or a better AM headliner. The MIC is thin to begin with.
Hopefully I didn't come across as "harsh". Absolutely not the intent. 🥺

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got into town this afternoon- my ride is at 1pm tomorrow- I suck at video..

But I will have a good time. Lots of vendors at the Dixie expo acknowledged Bronco products.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully I didn't come across as "harsh". Absolutely not the intent. 🥺
Absolutely not. I was just conveying to others who haven't rode in Jeeps that what was recorded was pretty good. I remember riding in my buddy's Wrangler back in the mid-90's and you would have to yell at each other to talk/hear each other. Things have improved, but what was recorded isn't bad and likely won't improve with the MIC construction.
Sponsored