Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moab was awesome! My wife and I road with Brad Lovell, in a Rapid Red First Edition, and for the short amount of time we were out there, he found a way to put it through its paces. I have attached a few videos and here are some general impressions:

1) The suspension on these bad boys is awesome. Brad spent some time talking through how they work in one of the video clips.
2) Brad shared he was part of the engineering/consulting team on the bronco, and tells the story of how it began 4 years ago. Pretty interesting
3) I wasn't aware the Sway Bar disconnect was that more advanced than Jeeps. He demonstrated how with the Bronco implementation, you can get one of your front wheels off the ground and engage the disconnect, while with the Jeep, you have to predict you'll need to disconnected before you need it. Big advantage Bronco!
4) Brad explains why he prefers using the Front Locker while rock climbing over using the rear locker, or even both together. Pretty cool
5) Tire pressures were at 30PSI for these rides, so not super low, but less than recommended 40PSI
6) Rides were off "Behind the Rocks Safari Rte" just off Hwy 191 South of Moab. They found some great dunes and a few small rock climbs, but all in all, we got a great feel for the Bronco's capabilities.

Other things of note: I video'd while driving down the highway to a get a feel for the road noise with Sasquatch. The tires had very little noise, at least compared to my RAM 1500 w/35in MTs. The only noticeable noise was from wind noise in the MIC top, which he of course mentioned was pre-prod. I hope that gets solved! I never asked about the rattling in the back, so I know that was common in the KOH videos as well
Edit: YouTube Links:

Ford Bronco My MOAB Ride Along with Brad Lovell in Rapid Red First Edition Bronco [Videos] IMG_5538
Sponsored

Last edited:

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don’t have time to watch the videos now but I can’t wait to see them later today. Thanks for posting.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks Brichan for sharing! What did you think of the Rapid Red in person? Also the video issue might be related to the .mov format. Leastways I can't view the videos in the browser.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Videos aren’t working 😢

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

***Portrait Video Warning***

I appreciate them, but it's like having to eat vegetables with steak.
Agree, but that's why Jesus invented sauces.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Vertical video, really? How hard is it to turn a phone? 😂

That said, thanks for sharing. 👍

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Brichan for sharing! What did you think of the Rapid Red in person? Also the video issue might be related to the .mov format. Leastways I can't view the videos in the browser.
Good point on the videos. Dang iPhones. The rapid red was a sharp color although everything was a little dusty. Haha

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome. Got alot of great footage. I so wish the camera option werent locked to the bigger screen. Cause that stuff looks nice to have. But looks like you had a great time. Funny thing was the rattles and noises it was making at durability testing speed are the same my comanche makes going 20mph down my road!

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vertical video, really? How hard is it to turn a phone? 😂

That said, thanks for sharing. 👍
You think the phone manufacturers could put a warning message up when you start filming in portrait.* Like - "hey are you sure you really want to do this? Everyone is going to hate on your questionable choice."
* hey apple, if you steal my idea without compensation I'm going to sue.