Sponsored

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road/2007 Nissan Xterra
I started shopping for a new vehicle to replace my 2007 Nissan Xterra with 165,000 miles a few months ago. She was still running strong but I felt like it was time. I've driven everything from the Ranger, Canyon, Colorado and even some full size pickups. I felt like that Ranger/Canyon/Colorado just did not have the interior space I wanted and needed. Then I remembered that the Tacoma got redesigned and went to my local dealer's website and it looked like they might have some on the lot. So I went down and drove one. I immediately fell in love. It solved all the weird annoyances I had with everything else I drove. A few days later I purchased a 2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road in Ice Cap with a 6' bed. Two weeks later took it to Moab and fell in love with it even more.

See next post for details.

IMG_0527.JPEG

IMG_0738.JPEG

IMG_0925.JPEG

IMG_0955.JPEG

Current Mods
12v Fuse Blocks for Accessories (one always on and another with ignition only power)
2 Motorola XTL5000 Radios
Yaesu FT-8800 Ham Radio
WeBoost Drive Reach Cell Booster
Prinsu Pro Cab Rack (with antennas)
IMG_1038.JPEG

Still needs a little cleaning up. I ran two 6ga wires from the battery. They go to a circuit breaker and a Blue Sea Fuse Panel. Then wired up a relay that is triggered from an ignition fuse tap with provides power to the second fuse panel. I cut two pieces of HDPE that fit in the bottom of both sides of the storage box and everything is mounted to those. This leaves the driver side storage wide open for use. It's a snug fit haha.

IMG_1017.JPEG

IMG_1039.JPEG

Planned Mods
CBI Sliders
Tonneau Cover
Bed Storage Box
Rago Fab Center Console Molle Panels (radio microphones will be mounted here)
Method MR703 in Bronze
Falken Wildpeak A/T4W in 285
Sponsored

Last edited:

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
Nice build so far!

When you say "in cab power", did you install a separate inverter, and if so can you elaborate a bit more on that? Did you mount some AC outlets in addition to the 400w one that's already installed (assuming you have that in your option package)?

OP
OP
geonerdist

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice build so far!

When you say "in cab power", did you install a separate inverter, and if so can you elaborate a bit more on that? Did you mount some AC outlets in addition to the 400w one that's already installed (assuming you have that in your option package)?
Thanks! I had a little description hidden under the picture. No inverter here at all, everything I use and need can be charged via USB or powered by 12v. Currently just have two blue sea systems fuse boxes under the rear seat that are constant 12v and one with keyed 12v. These are connected directly to the battery using 6ga wires.

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
Thanks! I had a little description hidden under the picture. No inverter here at all, everything I use and need can be charged via USB or powered by 12v. Currently just have two blue sea systems fuse boxes under the rear seat that are constant 12v and one with keyed 12v. These are connected directly to the battery using 6ga wires.
Gotcha. Thanks. I had read the description, it just wasn't clear to me what you meant... ;o) Will be looking forward to seeing what you add to the truck in the future!

ksilvest22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Looks we have the same Toyota dealer in Bozeman! I did test drive a 2024 but debating saving a little more money to order a 2025 premium OR with leather seats and multi terrain monitor with a 6 foot bed or get a used 2023 OR with a 6 foot bed. It definitely drove well, suspension seemed a little stiff. How did it handle going down to Moab and the trails there? Thanks for the post!

OP
OP
geonerdist

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. Thanks. I had read the description, it just wasn't clear to me what you meant... ;o) Will be looking forward to seeing what you add to the truck in the future!
Yeah I'm glad you pointed it out, I did word it weird lol

OP
OP
geonerdist

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks we have the same Toyota dealer in Bozeman! I did test drive a 2024 but debating saving a little more money to order a 2025 premium OR with leather seats and multi terrain monitor with a 6 foot bed or get a used 2023 OR with a 6 foot bed. It definitely drove well, suspension seemed a little stiff. How did it handle going down to Moab and the trails there? Thanks for the post!
Nice! I think the ride is very nice...but I'm coming from a 17 year old Nissan Xterra with 10-ply tires though. It rocked everything I did in Moab (nothing too crazy though), most "rugged" is Willow Springs which is one of the back ways in/out of Arches. I aired the stock tires town to about 28psi and kept them there for the whole week which was a nice balance between trail comfort and highway stability.

OP
OP
geonerdist

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received the TruXedo Pro X15 tonneau cover on Friday and got it installed. Looks great!
IMG_1138.JPEG

OP
OP
geonerdist

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you pick it up in Bozeman? How was your dealer?
It was on Ressler’s lot, they were fine. Better than Billion for sure, been getting my Xterra serviced there off and on for ten years. The sale was smooth but they were clearly not prepared for the new Tacoma. I got all my questioned answered on this forum, things they couldn’t answer. Despite just having their “training” the week prior to my purchase. But they didn’t even know they had them when I first stopped in…so might be better now.

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
It was on Ressler’s lot, they were fine. Better than Billion for sure, been getting my Xterra serviced there off and on for ten years. The sale was smooth but they were clearly not prepared for the new Tacoma. I got all my questioned answered on this forum, things they couldn’t answer. Despite just having their “training” the week prior to my purchase. But they didn’t even know they had them when I first stopped in…so might be better now.
Gotch and thanks. I'm looking in Helena, Missoula, and Butte.
Sponsored