First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F250 Platinum, 97 Porsche 993
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok I get it you've all ready read 1007 of these "Got my Bronco" but its my story and I wanna tell it. Well it finally arrived, wasn't expecting it for another week! Dealer called out of the blue to tell me it was here. Luckily I was 5 minutes away and got to see the long awaited unicorn sitting in detail getting the final touches. Unlike some my journey has only been 10 months, late res (Jan 28th 2021) and by the grace of the Bronco Gods an early delivery. Happy to report not a single hard top issue, Oh ya I switched to a soft top. Thanks to this forum on the 3rd order change I dropped the hard top until all the issues get worked out. Anyways it arrived 8 days early. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to get the garage in proper shape to hold her so she gets to camp outside for a couple of nights. Super pleased with the Bronco, it was worth the wait. This was the first car I have ever ordered specked to my desires, so it does make it a bit more special. Only had 5 miles on it so it obviously didn't make it to dirt mountain, but the first 27 miles have been flawless. I got the Lux package and boy is it worth it. Sound system is decent, I'm used to high end systems in my rigs so a good Digital Signal Processor, amp and a real subwoofer are necessary. Interior is nice for a rig of this caliber, not close to my platinum F250 but nice for an off-roader. This thing is super fun to drive, handles like a champ, plenty of power and just feels good in the seat. By comparison its just as much fun as driving my Porsche 911. Ok maybe not aaaaas fun but I felt like a kid again and was super impressed with the acceleration and handling. Engine compartment still looks like shit, but F-it I'll only see it every 6 months when I decide to spray it down. Soft top is nice, it's not that loud at all but my daily is a F250 diesel with a 5" pipe and its loud as a capital F, so the soft top was a delightful change. As business owner and product developer I can understand the hardships of bringing a product to market, we all expect a little more from a name that started a revolution but I have managed to be patient and will remain so if problems (hurry find some wood to knock on) arise. Anyways the unicorn is here, I'm quite happy with it and if the wife will let me break in her daily proper then I'll see you on the trails boys. Yea Haw!

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

65697725549__43BDAF0C-27EE-47F5-9571-74D813C7D32E.JPG
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kudos! What made you choose the outer banks?
It was the wheel and tire package... LMFAO!!!! ;) You know the real answer... it's because it is what his wife wanted!!! It's a mall crawler (although, I believe that he did eventually add the advanced 4x4 which comes with the rear locker and he snuck the modular bumper in too). Man, she's gonna be mad when she realizes that she didn't get the fog lights!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DarkPony

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kudos! What made you choose the outer banks?
Well it is the wife’s daily driver and our play car on the weekends. I wanted her to have the more luxurious package for DD. My F250 has every off-road option known to man so I wasn’t going to do any extreme off road with the Bronco. I’ll surely test it’s limits but I’ve done plenty of rock crawling and mudding in my day with my Jeeps. It won’t be a damn mall crawler by any means but I’m not planning on hitting the rubicon with it either.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well it is the wife’s daily driver and our play car on the weekends. I wanted her to have the more luxurious package for DD. My F250 has every off-road option known to man so I wasn’t going to do any extreme off road with the Bronco. I’ll surely test it’s limits but I’ve done plenty of rock crawling and mudding in my day with my Jeeps. It won’t be a damn mall crawler by any means but I’m not planning on hitting the rubicon with it either.
I was just playing... I ordered an OBX for myself.

Congratulations BTW!

Sponsored
OP
OP
DarkPony

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was the wheel and tire package... LMFAO!!!! ;) You know the real answer... it's because it is what his wife wanted!!! It's a mall crawler (although, I believe that he did eventually add the advanced 4x4 which comes with the rear locker and he snuck the modular bumper in too). Man, she's gonna be mad when she realizes that she didn't get the fog lights!
Man your a smart one. I did add the adv 4x4 just for the rear locker. Screw fog lights I’ll have a light bar on that thing that will turn night into day before you know it. My wife’s pretty cool we discussed SaS and decided it wasn’t top priority and I would rather wait and after market what I wanted. Wheels and tires are a thumbs down. I’ll lift it and keep a set of 35’s for off-road. To be honest she waiverd on the SaS and wanted the hard top with a rack and pop up tent.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man your a smart one. I did add the adv 4x4 just for the rear locker. Screw fog lights I’ll have a light bar on that thing that will turn night into day before you know it. My wife’s pretty cool we discussed SaS and decided it wasn’t top priority and I would rather wait and after market what I wanted. Wheels and tires are a thumbs down. I’ll lift it and keep a set of 35’s for off-road. To be honest she waiverd on the SaS and wanted the hard top with a rack and pop up tent.
I went the same way with the rims/tires... Except that I opted for 33.5" for off-roading.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What lift are you looking at? Rough Country has a 2 and 3.5 kit in looking at, and having a hard time deciding between for my OBX.

OP
OP
DarkPony

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What lift are you looking at? Rough Country has a 2 and 3.5 kit in looking at, and having a hard time deciding between for my OBX.
I’m just going with the 2” lift, should be sufficient for some 35’s, if I was going to do some bigger rock crawling I would do the 3.5”.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m just going with the 2” lift, should be sufficient for some 35’s, if I was going to do some bigger rock crawling I would do the 3.5”.
35's will even work with the 1" (as the sasquatch is only a 1.1" higher suspension lift than the OBX).

BTW, looking into the differences between the OBX Sasquatch vs Non-Sasquatch springs/spring rates and lengths (as well as the BL springs). There might be an easy way to mix/match with say the BL's spring/shock combo and still achieve the correct ride height (or even a 2/3" lift without resorting to spacers).

Last edited:

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok I get it you've all ready read 1007 of these "Got my Bronco" but its my story and I wanna tell it. Well it finally arrived, wasn't expecting it for another week! Dealer called out of the blue to tell me it was here. Luckily I was 5 minutes away and got to see the long awaited unicorn sitting in detail getting the final touches. Unlike some my journey has only been 10 months, late res (Jan 28th 2021) and by the grace of the Bronco Gods an early delivery. Happy to report not a single hard top issue, Oh ya I switched to a soft top. Thanks to this forum on the 3rd order change I dropped the hard top until all the issues get worked out. Anyways it arrived 8 days early. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to get the garage in proper shape to hold her so she gets to camp outside for a couple of nights. Super pleased with the Bronco, it was worth the wait. This was the first car I have ever ordered specked to my desires, so it does make it a bit more special. Only had 5 miles on it so it obviously didn't make it to dirt mountain, but the first 27 miles have been flawless. I got the Lux package and boy is it worth it. Sound system is decent, I'm used to high end systems in my rigs so a good Digital Signal Processor, amp and a real subwoofer are necessary. Interior is nice for a rig of this caliber, not close to my platinum F250 but nice for an off-roader. This thing is super fun to drive, handles like a champ, plenty of power and just feels good in the seat. By comparison its just as much fun as driving my Porsche 911. Ok maybe not aaaaas fun but I felt like a kid again and was super impressed with the acceleration and handling. Engine compartment still looks like shit, but F-it I'll only see it every 6 months when I decide to spray it down. Soft top is nice, it's not that loud at all but my daily is a F250 diesel with a 5" pipe and its loud as a capital F, so the soft top was a delightful change. As business owner and product developer I can understand the hardships of bringing a product to market, we all expect a little more from a name that started a revolution but I have managed to be patient and will remain so if problems (hurry find some wood to knock on) arise. Anyways the unicorn is here, I'm quite happy with it and if the wife will let me break in her daily proper then I'll see you on the trails boys. Yea Haw!
Glad to hear your thoughts on the Lux trim in the OBX. I was between that and High pkg and the sound system made my decision. Not because I think the B&O will be amazing, but because I'm trying to minimize the hit of moving to a vehicle of this class. I too just abandoned my hard top yesterday in the hopes of getting my build picked up this millennium. Thanks for the initial impressions!

OP
OP
DarkPony

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad to hear your thoughts on the Lux trim in the OBX. I was between that and High pkg and the sound system made my decision. Not because I think the B&O will be amazing, but because I'm trying to minimize the hit of moving to a vehicle of this class. I too just abandoned my hard top yesterday in the hopes of getting my build picked up this millennium. Thanks for the initial impressions!
Before Mine arrived I had the chance to drive a BD and a WT, I was not impressed by the interior in the BD, WT is comparable to the OBX but the OBX is even better. One thing I did not know since I went with the blue interior, the Dash is a Dark almost metallic blue. Very cool looking.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Before Mine arrived I had the chance to drive a BD and a WT, I was not impressed by the interior in the BD, WT is comparable to the OBX but the OBX is even better. One thing I did not know since I went with the blue interior, the Dash is a Dark almost metallic blue. Very cool looking.
Ya, I couldn't do the vinyl interior with the washout floors. My F-150 is like that and long road trips are definitely not as quiet as a carpeted vehicle.

I did however want the Badlands suspension, which I am working on getting the right spring rates and shock numbers for (and also have the correct shock and spring numbers for the OBX 2D 2.7 Sasquatch now). Cheap ways of achieving a 0.67" lift and a 1.1" lift without resorting to spacers.

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco My New Outer Banks Arrived Today! 65697725549__43BDAF0C-27EE-47F5-9571-74D813C7D32E.JPG

Ford Bronco My New Outer Banks Arrived Today! 65697725549__43BDAF0C-27EE-47F5-9571-74D813C7D32E.JPG

Congrats and I personally will never tire of hearing people's stories and reading the "It's arrived" posts :)

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats! 🎉 I brought my OBX with a SAS home last Thursday and I’m loving it. I feel like a kid driving an adult size power wheels. I’ve never had a vehicle that is so fun to drive. Love how easy it is to maneuver. Parking is a breeze. It’s my daily driver as well. Your wife is going to love driving it. My husband is wishing he could get one of his own.
Sponsored