JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know right off hand how long sections of concrete are cut into for a basic city street?

cnc.png
there are zero standards for that. but if someone is really good, they can get a location and someone can go measure this specific block!
Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
those are generally for min/max with a wide range between, and they are depending on soil type, temperatures year round, traffic, composition, and there can be sections smaller either due to layout or patching work. So, not really. Those guidelines generally say that the blocks must be no longer than a certain amount and no shorter than another (could be for example, longer than 10', shorter than 30')

Jomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone know right off hand how long sections of concrete are cut into for a basic city street?

cnc.png
You don’t need. You know these tires are 315/70-17. They are about 34.5” diameter.

Since you’re estimating the wheelbase and it is a horizontal dimension in the same plane as the tire edge and hub, you can measure both tires horizontally and take the average. This removes the issue that the photo is not taken straight on. Only the tread egde is to be used in the measurement.

On my screen, I get 37mm for the front tire width, 31 mm for the rear tire width. 34mm average. Wheel base (hub to hub) measurement is 112mm on my screen.

So, 34.5”/34mm x 112mm = 113.6” actual wheelbase. I think the 112” WB measured at the Baja race is a good number as my estimate is only 1% off from this photo. All length estimates I have made for the 4 door Bronco are around 180” long. Of course, this is hard to estimate with all the body camo.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Red Wing Boots... Size 11.5... add in the sole jut-out on either end, and you've got the 12" ruler. LOL!
This is the part of the story that works for me. I step off shorter distances all the time.

I wear size 11 Carolina boots, and I can step off up to 25 foot spans with stupid good accuracy,(heel to toe, same as OP) to the point of my co-workers trying to call my bluff and double checking with a tape measure. My boots are DIALED IN!!! LOL

MikeWVU

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 04 wrx
With the width being described as on par with F150 width, I would bet the bronco will come with similar towing figures similar to the ranger. Exciting to hear.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the width being described as on par with F150 width, I would bet the bronco will come with similar towing figures similar to the ranger. Exciting to hear.
If the suspension was hard like a lumber wagon maybe. I'm guessing it will be a lot more compliant than a max haul/tow Ranger, and will come in closer to 5k like the 4Runner.

Sponsored

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the suspension was hard like a lumber wagon maybe. I'm guessing it will be a lot more compliant than a max haul/tow Ranger, and will come in closer to 5k like the 4Runner.
You never know. Look at what the new Defender is. We all know Ford likes it's "Best in class" titles, so I don't necessarily see it topping the Defender, but I can see Frod try and make the Bronco competitive.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You never know. Look at what the new Defender is. We all know Ford likes it's "Best in class" titles, so I don't necessarily see it topping the Defender, but I can see Frod try and make the Bronco competitive.
They can just pretend the Defender is in a different class and say they won with 3501. :turkey:

MikeWVU

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 04 wrx
I imagine the bronco will have a similar "ride" like a pickup. The standard trims will be driven 98% of time on road. I wouldn't be surprised if towing topped 7k.(especially with 2.7eb)

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I imagine the bronco will have a similar "ride" like a pickup. The standard trims will be driven 98% of time on road. I wouldn't be surprised if towing topped 7k.(especially with 2.7eb)
It's not going to have the length (or the weight) to tow a lot, I wouldn't think. It'll have the power, but not the other important things.
Sponsored