Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw the 2021 Bronco. ...This was a large vehicle. I just traded in a 2006 Ford Escape that I drove for 14 years, and the vehicle I saw dwarfed the Escape in size.
Going to a different detail, do you remember door hinges or impressions where door hinges might be tucked in on either the passenger doors or the 5th door in back?

OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
I believe you, I’m supporting you saying you saw the bronco.

unfortunately, I don’t care for the length. 17.5’ Total length means 4.5’ of overall overhang, which fucking useless off road. That’s nearly the overhang my Screw F-250 has.

I would really like to see less than 2’ total overhang, at least on the 2dr. Which would require an overall length of 12’ or less
The wheel wells were surprisingly pushed VERY near to the front and rear bumpers.
There was MINIMAL OVERHANG between the wheel wells and the bumpers. It was almost SHOCKING.

The vehicle I saw didn't have bumpers or fascia, but it was clearly evident that there was VERY LITTLE sheet metal as an overhang on either end. It was a look that will take some getting used to coming as a Ford product. I'm serious.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wheel wells were surprisingly pushed VERY near to the front and rear bumpers.
There was MINIMAL OVERHANG between the wheel wells and the bumpers. It was almost SHOCKING.

The vehicle I saw didn't have bumpers or fascia, but it was clearly evident that there was VERY LITTLE sheet metal as an overhang on either end. It was a look that will take some getting used to coming as a Ford product. I'm serious.
In that case I have to question your measurement technique to be honest. We’ve been able to reliably calculate the wheelbase as 112”. With 35s that’ll give 148” front to back of tires. That 12’4”. 16’ plus bumpers means minimum 4’ overhang. Which is crazy long for this.

OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
Going to a different detail, do you remember door hinges or impressions where door hinges might be tucked in on either the passenger doors or the 5th door in back?
I did not notice those details. Sorry. It was a quick 5 minute trip to Bronco Land... I was just trying to catch whatever I could.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
In that case I have to question your measurement technique to be honest. We’ve been able to reliably calculate the wheelbase as 112”. With 35s that’ll give 148” front to back of tires. That 12’4”. 16’ plus bumpers means minimum 3’ overhang. Which is crazy long for this.
I'm no engineer, but I do measure things with my boots one foot in front of the other on a regular basis, by either marching off the axle length distance from the rear of a 53' trailer, or sometimes by using the one foot in front of the other method in order to find the 10' that I need. I know that this system works. I just measured my F-150 that is sitting in my garage right in front of me, and I hit the exact mark at 17.5'.

The new 2021 Bronco raw metal shell, without bumpers/fascia or spare tire, is 16' in length - AND, the wheel wells are pushed out towards either end leaving VERY LITTLE overhang.

I'm telling ya. The LACK of overhang was almost shocking. I've been building and buying Ford products all of my life, and this was a strange bird as far as a lack of overhang with increased ground clearance.

This isn't your Daddy's 1990s Ford Bronco overhang.

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dont care what your feet say, the ford bronco is not 16 feet long.

17.5 foot long ranger (i think i just looked on google):
Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell 54dbe91a93fc28bec0a30996076edd66

chopped up ranger on bronco frame:
Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell bronco1

the wheelbase on the frankenranger bronco mule is at least 6 inches less. take off most of the ranger's front overhang and the absolute massive rear overhang and it is probably closer to 15' than 16'

any chance your shoes are actually only 11.9" long?

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sounds like Gladiator-like break over angles lol

OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
I'm no engineer, but I do measure things with my boots one foot in front of the other on a regular basis, by either marching off the axle length distance from the rear of a 53' trailer, or sometimes by using the one foot in front of the other method in order to find the 10' that I need. I know that this system works. I just measured my F-150 that is sitting in my garage right in front of me, and I hit the exact mark at 17.5'.

The new 2021 Bronco raw metal shell, without bumpers/fascia or spare tire, is 16' in length - AND, the wheel wells are pushed out towards either end leaving VERY LITTLE overhang.

I'm telling ya. The LACK of overhang was almost shocking. I've been building and buying Ford products all of my life, and this was a strange bird as far as a lack of overhang with increased ground clearance.

I'm a FoMoCo retiree. I'm plugged into the Ford way of building vehicles. They play it safe in many regards, but there is ground clearance for days...

OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles

Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell bronco1

the wheelbase on the frankenranger bronco mule is at least 6 inches less. take off most of the ranger's front overhang and the absolute massive rear overhang and it is probably closer to 15' than 16'

Nope.
I just measured my 2019 Ford F-150 Regular Cab with a 6.5' Box - with my casual shoes on which are definitely shorter than my Red Wing work boots, and I hit the 17.5' mark exactly, which is how long my truck is: 209" or 17.4'.

I got it right.
And yes, if the above Ranger is 17.5' long, then it's the same length as my F-150 Regular Cab, and the same length as the new 2021 Ford Bronco once they add the bumpers/fascia and spare tire.

I'm plugged into vehicle length. I just purchased a new F-150 Regular Cab with a 6.5' Box because I like the looks, my grandkids live out of state, AND it fits in my garage with a little room to spare for walking in front of it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles

Is that the 2-door mule?

Chcg12

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Joe i dont doubt your measurements..i just cant see it being sooo long...time will tell

Hawk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To provide a comparison, my 2007 4Runner is almost exactly 16 feet long (15.767 feet), with a 109.8" wheelbase. If you were to stretch the wheelbase by a few inches in relation to the overall length, you might get pretty close to the overhangs Sunny Joe describes.
Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell 1581886282255
Sponsored