Sponsored
OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
Let me just interject here: anybody that thinks this is a “baby bronco” is literally retarded
A0305D2E-F82C-420C-A4ED-FA75D23E1998.jpeg
My 2019 Ford F-150 Regular Cab, Short Box(6.5') is 209" in length. That's nearly 17.5' in length.
The raw metal shell measured 16' right on the button.
Now, add on front and rear bumpers and fascia, and you're at something approaching 17'-17.5'.
Then, add the spare tire.

This Bad Boy is as long as my 2019 F-150 Regular Cab, Short Box - a.k.a., my "Ranchero Caliente'". Hey, Ford doesn't make the Ranchero any longer, so what's a poor boy to do, but create your own...?
Caliente'?
Yes, my first vehicle was a '65 Mercury Comet "Caliente'".
Wimbledon White, with a Red interior, 289 c.u., 4-on-the-floor, and an 8-track player...
Vrooom-Vroooooom!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes.
The B-, C-, and D-pillars are similar to this render.
Now, what they'll do with plastic add-ons is a mystery, but that is what the pillars looked like.

I would say that that the C-pillar had a slightly more exaggerated fastback slant, but very similar to the render in the overall feel of it.

The rear-most window (side hatch window) area is MUCH smaller on the 4-door metal shell. I don't know if that makes the doors wider, but the C-pillar was placed MUCH farther back on the frame. The hatch window had an almost "afterthought" feel to it. Sounds crazy when you look at the render, but it's true.

The front and back seat windows were the star of the show, and the 3rd hatch window was just big enough to justify its existence.

You gotta move that B- and C- pillar back farther on the frame, and then add a little depth to that C-pillar backside fastback slant...

My memory tells me that the "angle" of the C-pillar backside fastback slant didn't match up with the angle of the D-pillars slant. This created an odd-shaped smallish hatch window, which was wider at the top than the bottom.
Sunny - any chance the Road and Track 2 door render below could fit the styling you saw (aside from the major fact that you saw a 4 door)?

Edit.... I reread your post. I can take those styling cues and adjust the render and still keep an EBesque picture in my mind.

thanks again for your insight

Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell B500B0CC-7410-4419-B3E5-F2703EC291EB

Last edited:

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those Taurus's were fairly long. Joe's description of the windshield alone rules out the Baby
What about the exaggerated slanted c pillar and tiny rear quarter window? And he didn’t notice a removable top or roll cage (how could you miss?) With the exception of the upright windshield, his description sounds exactly like the baby. They likely share enough styling cues that it’s understandable that someone could mistake a bare baby Bronco shell for the real thing.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...And he didn’t notice a removable top or roll cage (how could you miss?) With the exception of the upright windshield, his description sounds exactly like the baby. ...
Except the baby has a fixed metal roof in most of the media and "spy" shots we've seen.

I can excuse not noticing the roof of the Bronco because if the ROPS is blocky and ugly it would look pretty much like a topless Wrangler or some other vehicle with huge openings for a sunroof ... remember there are a bunch of Ford models with panoramic sunroofs, and they'd be difficult to distinguish from a topless vehicle at a glance.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What about the exaggerated slanted c pillar and tiny rear quarter window? And he didn’t notice a removable top or roll cage (how could you miss?) With the exception of the upright windshield, his description sounds exactly like the baby. They likely share enough styling cues that it’s understandable that someone could mistake a bare baby Bronco shell for the real thing.
Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell 1581875922684

Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell 1581876023617

It was similar in size and width to the current 2020 Ford Ranger - Bronco

It was somewhat longer than I would have expected. - Toss up. All vehicles looks roomy with no interior

The mirrors will definitely be mounted in front of the windshield, as there was a substantial square hole- Bronco

The windshield is indeed for the most part vertical. You've seen the spy shots and the angle. - Bronco

The hood is LONG, WIDE, and FLAT - Bronco

Along the side of the vehicle, just in front of the A-pillar, there is a definite upswoop in the sheet metal - Baby

The rear window/tail gate window pillar (What is that, the D-pillar?) is not vertical as I remember it, but rather, it had a slight lean to it, as in a "fastback" lean, ever-so-slightly - but it was not vertical. - Toss up

The wheels wells were ROUND - Toss up

There was a definite crease/character line that followed the round contour of the wheel wells, and this round crease "bumped-out" fairly substantially similar - Toss up

horizontal indention/character line in the side of the vehicle, that ran between the wheel wells - Baby

The B-pillar was basically vertical, but, it was slightly wider at the bottom than at the top. I would guess that the top was 4" wide, and the bottom was 6" wide. - Toss up

The C-pillar is again basically a vertical pillar, but it is maybe 4" at the top, and a wider 8-10" at the bottom, as the rear door window side of the pillar flares slightly towards the front of the vehicle in a similar fashion as the B-pillar does - baby

odd-shaped 3rd hatch window - Baby

The greenhouse window area height is similar to your render, as it does NOT rise in a high fashion - Toss up

4-door shell - with no front or rear fascia and no spare tire, and it was an even 16' - Bronco, probably

The tail light housings were large. - Bronco

CONCLUSION: What Joe saw was a Mach-E

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's the baby Bronco not the Bronco

Looks like that is what he is saying to me. It was confusing me. And that don't take much

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell 1581876023617

It was somewhat longer than I would have expected. - Toss up. All vehicles looks roomy with no interior

Along the side of the vehicle, just in front of the A-pillar, there is a definite upswoop in the sheet metal - Baby

The rear window/tail gate window pillar (What is that, the D-pillar?) is not vertical as I remember it, but rather, it had a slight lean to it, as in a "fastback" lean, ever-so-slightly - but it was not vertical. - Toss up

The wheels wells were ROUND - Toss up

There was a definite crease/character line that followed the round contour of the wheel wells, and this round crease "bumped-out" fairly substantially similar - Toss up

horizontal indention/character line in the side of the vehicle, that ran between the wheel wells - Baby

The B-pillar was basically vertical, but, it was slightly wider at the bottom than at the top. I would guess that the top was 4" wide, and the bottom was 6" wide. - Toss up

The C-pillar is again basically a vertical pillar, but it is maybe 4" at the top, and a wider 8-10" at the bottom, as the rear door window side of the pillar flares slightly towards the front of the vehicle in a similar fashion as the B-pillar does - baby

odd-shaped 3rd hatch window - Baby

The greenhouse window area height is similar to your render, as it does NOT rise in a high fashion - Toss up

4-door shell - with no front or rear fascia and no spare tire, and it was an even 16' - Bronco, probably

The tail light housings were large. - Bronco

CONCLUSION: What Joe saw was a Mach-E
while I know your conclusion is in jest, you can clearly see a line change on the bronco from hood to door belt line that goes back up after rear door. Not baby, but bronco.

for line along the side, that’s A toss up as it’s been too camp’d so far.

On c pillar, the babies is nowhere near vertical, and we see the b pillar on the bronco easily, and he said the c and b were similar. Which goes from about 6 to 3-4 at the top. This says bronco, not baby.

we haven’t seen the rear window of the bronco yet, so tossup, not baby.

min conclusion, there is zero things pointing conclusively to the baby, but a few to the bronco.

Sponsored

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Kind of like what I posted the other day.

OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
Sunny - any chance the Road and Track 2 door render below could fit the styling you saw (aside from the major fact that you saw a 4 door)?

Edit.... I reread your post. I can take those styling cues and adjust the render and still keep an EBesque picture in my mind.

thanks again for your insight

I'd say, look at the Baja Bronco pic directly below.
That's the hood and general grille area - end of story.
That's the windshield angle.
That's the greenhouse height and length.
That's the little upswoop immediately behind the rear door (or wherever it is - it's there).

Now, throw out the side panels completely - other than the upswoop front and rear - because the 2021 Bronco WILL have ROUND wheel wells with plenty of sheet metal creases as a bump-out accent and NO additional plastic cladding will be necessary for the basic XL or XLT mall-crawler.

The wheel well sheet metal bump-out had what I remember as a DOUBLE-CREASE, as in, the top semi-circle was a slight indention/character line that followed the curve of the wheel well, and a second, deeper indention that was within an inch or so of the above character line that defined the actual fairly large bump-out that created the actual wheel flare. See: a 2019 Ford F-150 XL or XLT - sheet metal only - wheel flare, and that's pretty much the 2021 Bronco dealio.

If I remember correctly, without looking at a picture, the 1990s Bronco had that double character line and full sheet metal bump-out around the wheel wells. That's the ticket .
Ford isn't reinventing the wheel here.
Ha! I made a pun.
The sheet metal will stand on its own.

My takeway is that Ford is merging the styling cues of the original 1960s Bronco hood and windshield angle, with the "safe" wheel wells of the 1990s Bronco, into a vehicle that is roughly the length and width of my 2019 Ford F-150 Regular Cab with a 6.5' Box - which is nearly 17.5' long - as a finished 4-door Bronco product.

With the shell being 16' on the button, then add front and rear bumpers/fascia, plus the spare tire. That puts it at roughly 17.5' give or take.

AND, the width struck me as being in good proportion to the overall length, so we're talking about a vehicle that is damn near as wide as an F-150 - if not just as wide.

You gotta think in terms of Ford playing it safe in some regards, like they always do. The hood, windshield angle, and greenhouse length and height are similar to the Baja Bronco, BUT this thing is NOT gonna be all jacked up on steroids with plastic-cladded wheel wells and monster-size tires. The wheel wells are substantial - sheet metal alone - but think in terms of the 1990s Bronco, with maybe a beefy, decent-to-good-sized All-Terrain tire on it.

Remember, that C-pillar has a substantial fastback slant on the backside of it, and that creates a 3rd window in the hatch area that is just big enough to justify its existence. There is NO long hatch window. It's not there in the 4-door shell.
And, the greenhouse left me with the impression that it was a direct rival to the 4-door Jeep Wrangler in height and width, but remember the substantial C-pillar fastback slant.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why can't the production model be this? (I realize it won't be width due to the wide flares). This is what the Bronco should look like, IMO (and what I want). Maybe they're playing with us by hiding the Bronco in plain sight with the R.

OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
while I know your conclusion is in jest, you can clearly see a line change on the bronco from hood to door belt line that goes back up after rear door. Not baby, but bronco.

for line along the side, that’s A toss up as it’s been too camp’d so far.

On c pillar, the babies is nowhere near vertical, and we see the b pillar on the bronco easily, and he said the c and b were similar. Which goes from about 6 to 3-4 at the top. This says bronco, not baby.

we haven’t seen the rear window of the bronco yet, so tossup, not baby.

min conclusion, there is zero things pointing conclusively to the baby, but a few to the bronco.
I saw the 2021 Bronco. The hood tells the story. It's the Baja Bronco hood. This vehicle was 16' long without bumpers/fascia or the spare tire. It was as long and wide as my 2019 Ford F-150 Regular Cab, with a 6.5' Box. This was a large vehicle. I just traded in a 2006 Ford Escape that I drove for 14 years, and the vehicle I saw dwarfed the Escape in size.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw the 2021 Bronco. The hood tells the story. It's the Baja Bronco hood. This vehicle was 16' long withoutbumpers/fascia or the spare tire. It was as long and wide as my 2019 Ford F-150 Regular Cab, with a 6.5' Box. This was a large vehicle. I just traded in a 2006 Ford Escape that I drove for 14 years, and the vehicle I saw dwarfed the Escape in size.
I believe you, I’m supporting you saying you saw the bronco.

unfortunately, I don’t care for the length. 17.5’ Total length means 4.5’ of overall overhang, which fucking useless off road. That’s nearly the overhang my Screw F-250 has.

I would really like to see less than 2’ total overhang, at least on the 2dr. Which would require an overall length of 12’ or less
Sponsored