2door i-whBBSZV-X5.jpg

2-door prototype
Feb07 2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_011.jpg

4-door mule
5-8 ford-bronco-spy-shots9.jpg

4-door prototype
2021_Bronco_005.jpg
Just wondering...
The pic of the 4-door mule doesn't seem to match up with the 4-door prototype when looking at the wheel base length.

Is there a technical process that was done to verify that those two wheel bases are close to identical?

To my eye, the driver seems closer to the rear wheels in the mule, and basically in the middle between the wheels in the prototype.

Is it possible that what you've listed as the 4-door Bronco mule is actually a "Baby Bronco" mule?
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it possible that what you've listed as the 4-door Bronco mule is actually a "Baby Bronco" mule?
The bodies on the mules are just grotesquely distorted to the eye. When you take the tire sizes and do calibrated measurements the wheelbases of the mule and prototype are the same.

The position of the driver could be different ... the body is different along with seat mounts etc. But they are body-on-frame, which the baby is not.

Reactions: BE_

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just wondering...
The pic of the 4-door mule doesn't seem to match up with the 4-door prototype when looking at the wheel base length.

Is there a technical process that was done to verify that those two wheel bases are close to identical?

To my eye, the driver seems closer to the rear wheels in the mule, and basically in the middle between the wheels in the prototype.

the suspension on the mules were undoubtedly broncobronco- solid axle rear and [redacted].

OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
baby bronco (escape based) over the shadow of the 4 door bronco bronco.

baby bronco is the escape which is 15' long

baby bronco length with bumpers is the same as the bronco bronco without bumpers.

beonco bronco sheet metal is not 16', it is 15'
Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell 4FE79F74-D89F-4632-8301-67EC2D267A52
I wouldn't be to sure about that. Look at the height difference of the two vehicles. That doesn't add up. The Bronco will not be that much taller than the Baby Bronco, which means that we're looking at a situation where the Bronco needs to be placed farther into the background, further away from the Baby Bronco. I think we're looking at an optical illusion.

Plus, just based on this pic, I can see where the Bronco could easily be 17.5' in length.

You gotta step to one side and look down the front bumper line, and then step to the rear side and look down the rear bumper line. I see a 1.5' total difference there.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
The fact that you can see the front end of the BroncoBronco in front of the baby from the perspective of this image tells you it is longer ...

It is probably longer on the rear too, but the perspective of the image precludes making a good detrmination on that end ... but you can still see the bumper sticking out past the baby by a few inches.

orly.png

Right on...
It's a perspective thing.

OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
So, I just checked the specs on a 2019 Jeep Wrangler 4-door Rubicon...
It has a 118" wheel base.
It is 188" in length. That's 21" shorter than my 2019 F-150 Reg Cab with a 6.5' box which is 209".

So...
Why can't the raw metal shell of the Bronco be 188" just like the Jeep 4-door?
Then add 12" total for both bumpers/fascia, and that gets you to 200".
Now, add in a final 9" for the spare tire.

BAM!
209" or 17.5'.

In real life, the Bronco shell looked like a bigger vehicle than the 4-door Jeep. I don't know if it was a full 21", but it looked bigger. I was left with the impression that it was a decent size vehicle... Similar to the new 2019 Ford Ranger overall - which is also 17.5'.

It was every bit of a new Ranger size vehicle when you figure in the spare tire.

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't bother spending too much time trying to convince them.

You saw it, they didn't. People have a hard time reconciling their fantasy of what Bronco should be with what it is.

It appears as if we'll all get a decent look at it in a few weeks.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I measured my 13 Explorer with a tape measure and it comes in at 16' long from front bumper to rear bumper, and 6' side to side(wheel flare to wheel flare). Just for reference.

I think, as we have seen on the cammo mule, the approach/departure angles are quite good (lots of padding on the front), and Joe says the wheels are close to ends. So IMO that means the body is about the size of the vehicle, not much more in front or rear overhang like most newer vehicles with lots of plastic and junk hanging off it, taking up space to make it aerodynamic. Not needed with the Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
I wouldn't bother spending too much time trying to convince them.

You saw it, they didn't. People have a hard time reconciling their fantasy of what Bronco should be with what it is.

It appears as if we'll all get a decent look at it in a few weeks.
Now they've got me trying to convince myself.
I just checked the specs on a 1996 Bronco, and it is 183.6" in length. Let's call it 184".
That's only 8" less than the 192" (16') that I stepped off.

If while I was looking at the raw metal shell, someone had asked me:
"Is this vehicle longer or shorter than a 1996 Ford Bronco?"
I would have said:
"It's longer... I don't know how much, but it's longer."

8" longer?
Yeah, about 8" longer. That's 16'.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure Ford will take into consideration your critique of their marketing skills in its endeavor to sell 200k units next year
Probably.

We already know there are employees on forums like this monitoring social media.

Thanks for quoting it and keeping it alive.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Another thing caught mt eye was his statement that the Bronco width was considerably more than Ranger
That doesn’t bother me too much, I would have expected it to be wider than a base Ranger but narrower than a Ranger Raptor.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really, thats good to know. Lets hope the never ending discussion on a particular suspension system that seems to dominate this forum by a few individuals isn't in vain then. But its not looking good so far. I guess I'm just lucky Ford seems to be building exactly what I want.
If it can run 35's and has great approach/departure/breakover angles, decent flex, dif locks, good off-road tech, well tuned shocks, excellent powertrain, and good interior features it will be more capable than 99% of people need.
Sponsored