Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Carolina Jim said:
Another thing caught mt eye was his statement that the Bronco width was considerably more than Ranger

That doesn’t bother me too much, I would have expected it to be wider than a base Ranger but narrower than a Ranger Raptor.
We've been kinda guesstimating Bronco 2-door as 168"/170" length and @74" width.

2020 Ranger Width:
- Including standard mirrors: 85.8 in.
- Standard Mirrors folded: 77.8 in.

2020 Wrangler Width, without mirrors: 73.8in.

Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but most classic off-road L : W proportions hover around 2.2 : 1. If Bronco comes out too fat its gonna look like a slug.
Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If it can run 35's and has great approach/departure/breakover angles, decent flex, dif locks, good off-road tech, well tuned shocks, excellent powertrain, and good interior features it will be more capable than 99% of people need.
Our first TJ was a big deal when we got 33s on it. Short arms and all. When we got 35s, lockers, and an Atlas Tcase, I thought I was a badass.. A brand new Rubicon.

We haven't talked about Tcase gearing, but I hope Ford has something up their sleave. 35" tires, definitely getting a rear locker, much more power... Basically what we built our TJ to.

We did 100s of Colorado scenic trails with 33"s and open diffs. 35"s and lockers were for Montrose etc.

It wasn't that long ago that 31" tires on a YJ/CJ were a big deal..

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Our first TJ was a big deal when we got 33s on it. Short arms and all. When we got 35s, lockers, and an Atlas Tcase, I thought I was a badass.. A brand new Rubicon.

We haven't talked about Tcase gearing, but I hope Ford has something up their sleave. 35" tires, definitely getting a rear locker, much more power... Basically what we built our TJ to.

We did 100s of Colorado scenic trails with 33"s and open diffs. 35"s and lockers were for Montrose etc.

Bingo.

Jeep's have gotten insanely capable now that a Rubicon can take 40's with a minimum of effort, but that doesn't mean a vehicle on 33's or 35's can't be extremely capable as well. My jeep has 33's and honestly even if I had bigger tires etc. I wouldn't use the increased capability because I'd be afraid of banging it up too much.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My YJ has 33s and will climb circles around aboot anything. It's SOA so ground clearance is yuge though.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got mine to the 33's stage years ago, as well, and could go , like you said, to most places, but to go that extra I needed more. After moving to a new house and getting things in order again, I was already to pull the trigger on the Long Arm/ Stretch with 37's and then caught wind of this forum and the coming Bronco so I am on hold right now with the plans for the TJ to see what Ford ends up with after all the options are revealed and I know what I am buying my new Bronco for. :like:

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Will this be offered in a more fuel efficient hybrid version? My wife won't let me buy a Bronco unless it gets similar mileage to her Prius.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good work.......the plot thickens and the anticipation grows!!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Administrator posted this thread as a story... newcomers to the thread take it with a grain of salt IMO.

Tbh I think it was an Explorer

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, I can honestly say I haven't measured a Ford Taurus. I don't think that is common sense.
Wait hold up... is this the new Taurus? Or the old Taurus? As a matter of fact, WHO even drives a Taurus anymore? Unless you are the police! :lipssealed:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will this be offered in a more fuel efficient hybrid version? My wife won't let me buy a Bronco unless it gets similar mileage to her Prius.
May be time to find a new wife. I got my wife her Jeep 3 years ago, she's known since then I'd be getting the Bronco when it comes out!

Sponsored

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've been lucky enough to see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell, without any add-ons whatsoever...
Hey Sunny, I re-rendered my latest to add the details you listed. What are your thoughts? Close?
Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell BroncoConceptSketch#2 (1)
Sponsored