broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think that rear window glass can be removed? I want that wide open bikini feel....
I didn't think to look. I'm sure it CAN. Question is...how easy?
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't think to look. I'm sure it CAN. Question is...how easy?
Well, figure once off in the Spring, once on in the Fall....can't be worse than changing out Jeep tops!

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think that rear window glass can be removed? I want that wide open bikini feel....
In the pre-production Michigan Assembly photos, there were a couple with close-ups of the rear window hinges -- bolts under a cosmetic cover. So, yes, doable -- but likely a pita (prying off the covers, holding the up the unbolts glass on one side while removing the bolts on the other side, etc.). Also not sure how well the covers and bolt hole threads would hold up to repeated removal/replacement (assuming you didn't screw up the bolt heads during the first removal, overcoming the thread locker very likely present).

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the pre-production Michigan Assembly photos, there were a couple with close-ups of the rear window hinges -- bolts under a cosmetic cover. So, yes, doable -- but likely a pita (prying off the covers, holding the up the unbolts glass on one side while removing the bolts on the other side, etc.). Also not sure how well the covers and bolt hole threads would hold up to repeated removal/replacement (assuming you didn't screw up the bolt heads during the first removal, overcoming the thread locker very likely present).
So if I break it each Spring, wonder what replacement costs in the Fall? lol

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if I break it each Spring, wonder what replacement costs in the Fall? lol
Understood -- if I wanted that feature, I do it in a heart-beat, too. :)

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you use any kind of light when you looked at it?
all of these paint things are super subjective, even for the same person in different lighting!
I did carry a small 300 lumen tactical cree light but I saw it on Friday in the sun and then again on Saturday inside the building . I do agree that it would look better on the 2 dr and the wife and I said the Area 51 would not look as good on the 2 dr as it does on the 4dr .

Cyber Orange is a cool color with some dramatic shifts , I just don't know why they call it orange . Now if they had called it "Cyber Orange Juice" it would have made perfect sense in more ways than one , LOL

Colorado

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Chevrolet Corvette GS, 15 Subaru Forrester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dreaded floor vent.
I don’t mind in some ways.
In others I do. I think if this is the final design, it is seriously lacking in ability to heat/cool rear occupants.
we have a 2019 Z71 and we have to freeze the front seat people to cool off the rear seat people decently. Same with heat. Had I known this I probably wouldn’t have bought it on that issue alone. Ive rode back there and it absolutely sucks.
81BF7ED7-1FA7-41F6-9AC8-DCA460049A81.jpeg
This really concerns me. I'm thinking of a seats down, dogs in the back configuration. I need the A/C and heat to work well and I can't imagine it with vent placement as shown. Crazy that A/C vents could be a deal breaker on an otherwise outstanding vehicle but I'm worried it will be.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did carry a small 300 lumen tactical cree light but I saw it on Friday in the sun and then again on Saturday inside the building . I do agree that it would look better on the 2 dr and the wife and I said the Area 51 would not look as good on the 2 dr as it does on the 4dr .

Cyber Orange is a cool color with some dramatic shifts , I just don't know why they call it orange . Now if they had called it "Cyber Orange Juice" it would have made perfect sense in more ways than one , LOL
Agreed. IT is the color of Tropicana.
I wish I could have seen it and the A51 in the sun.
Seeing them in person rocketed A51 to my choice.
I was strongly considering the VB and AMB.
But once I saw them in person and looked at the true size of the 4 door, I was convinced.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This really concerns me. I'm thinking of a seats down, dogs in the back configuration. I need the A/C and heat to work well and I can't imagine it with vent placement as shown. Crazy that A/C vents could be a deal breaker on an otherwise outstanding vehicle but I'm worried it will be.
It is concerning. If I wasn't hell-bent on getting one ASAP I would hold off for 2022 or 2023 models to see if better colors and revised vent placement are addressed.
I've sold off some of my fleet and set myself up to buy, made a plan, charted out a trip back home with it and got everyone excited about the 2021 trip... so I will push onward and be happy.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Meh, there are windows, and my dogs have fur.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@broadicustomworks do you think the problem with the white top as an option could be the finish problems you noticed on the painted modular top? Would white not hide the issues better than black paint? Maybe they are worried about painted tops in volume, yet the modulars are standard on some models?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
do you think the problem with the white top as an option could be the finish problems
I believe the core problem is modular top availability...period. The production facility that will make them is not scheduled to be completed until December. Who knows what their production capability will be? Think...unobtanium

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I believe the core problem is modular top availability...period. The production facility that will make them is not scheduled to be completed until December. Who knows what their production capability will be? Think...unobtanium
So FEs and Wildtraks will be delayed until the plant opens?

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@broadicustomworks do you think the problem with the white top as an option could be the finish problems you noticed on the painted modular top? Would white not hide the issues better than black paint? Maybe they are worried about painted tops in volume, yet the modulars are standard on some models?
I think the issue with the white top and the issue of tops in general are two different issues, but somewhat possibly related.
as @Carolina Jim said just below your question, the availability is an issue from what we have come to know. So maybe it is a question of just being able to supply the cookie-cutter black tops in general before they worry about colors.
As a volume manufacturer I can see the benefit in worrying about getting normal production volumes out the door faster rather than "special order" situations that call for the same part painted in a different color.
It's probably faster to simply set up to paint runs of black vs. allocating percentages of restricted commodities to the standard color while trying to figure out what percentage gets held back for a color change.
As far as your question about white paint in general, white would hide defects/waves better than black. Any body/paint tech can attest to knowing that anything going black has to be a bit better as far as surface condition/prep work than a light color.
Sponsored