Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a computer program can categorize and count orders based on builds with very little effort " I know my bank dose it with my checking account". Ford is not losing money buy telling you hoe to get your order pushed along, they have been doing that for some time now. Ford needs to get as many MY21 Broncos out as possible and minimize the back up as much as possible. That is costing Ford way more then people dropping a tow package. At this point they just want to get Broncos on the road.
I thought this was exactly what the "preview" on the WBDO is for the dealers....

The dealer can log in, see what orders are "previewing" and what options might be preventing them from receiving a VIN... the dealer can then work with the customer to remove those items, or, if they are left on, Ford will just skip over it when it comes time to assign the VIN.
Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's unrealistic to expect Ford to review 200k orders and make suggestions to move them up. Not to mention why would they suggest dropping options, that costs them money.
I can pinpoint 200k customers of a certain type through email, and that's without personally identifiable information. I can do even more with your name, reservation number, and order info.

Ford doesn't need to get their interns to manually go through every order and send a note to each customer. But they absolutely can utilize technology and data resources to match up order constraints with whichever builds are in the queue.

Totally realistic AND feasible.

If you know someone at Ford, get them in touch with me and I'll have this whole mess sorted in no time. ;)

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought this was exactly what the "preview" on the WBDO is for the dealers....

The dealer can log in, see what orders are "previewing" and what options might be preventing them from receiving a VIN... the dealer can then work with the customer to remove those items, or, if they are left on, Ford will just skip over it when it comes time to assign the VIN.
Spot on zackdanger

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Giving you a heads-up about what is delaying your order is really on the dealer, not Ford. A dealer that cares about giving you good service will contact you and give you some options. I would guess that's a minority of dealers, although there are still plenty of them out there.

Majority of dealers: lazy/incompetent/don't care enough
Machiavellian dealers: actively trying to get reserved Broncos at MSRP or lower delayed so their allocations can be used on stock Broncos they can massively mark up

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The tow hitch itself appears to be of the same design as the Wrangler JL. However, I'm sure the bolt pattern is different. One should be easy to design for the Bronco, and the aftermarket hitch will probably be available in a short time. Like you I'll use the hitch mainly for a bike rack. But unlike you I've got a much later res date, so it won't matter to me if I drop the tow package, or keep it. Good luck on your decision.

Brewdaddy

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler (Now sold - thanks Carvana)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So……my last two emails that outlined specific questions related to commodities, should I remove trailer tow, where am I in your allocations, etc……..these are the responses I received. Confidence is not high so maybe an Outback Wilderness is in my future. Or…..I could try dealer #3 if allowed. But for now I could be five years out and have no idea.

Today - “ We have no idea what is going on in the world now!!”

5/11/21 - “With everything going on with the chip issue we actually do not know a thing. Hopefully soon.”
My experience falls into your first category - Majority of Dealers

Giving you a heads-up about what is delaying your order is really on the dealer, not Ford. A dealer that cares about giving you good service will contact you and give you some options. I would guess that's a minority of dealers, although there are still plenty of them out there.

Majority of dealers: lazy/incompetent/don't care enough
Machiavellian dealers: actively trying to get reserved Broncos at MSRP or lower delayed so their allocations can be used on stock Broncos they can massively mark up
Sponsored