Sponsored

My order seems to have changed in Ford's system, what do I do??

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just ask for a 1k discount if it comes in a color you didnt order....Agreed, think it reverted back because once you have a vin it might be too late to change in their system. I've read ford might do a priority order and schedule a new one. At this point it is up to them to figure out how to help you best. The post before me had good advice I didnt see in time as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
footsteps

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

they said I would need to go back to dealer, ask dealer to contact their "sales zone representative", and sales zone rep could contact production and fix

OP
OP
footsteps

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It is not entirely true that once a VIN is generated no changes can be made. It is more like no customer changes can be made but if something was entered wrong by the dealer it can and will be fixed.

@footsteps first thing you need to do is contact your dealership, not Ford or the Bronco hotline, and verify the order is correct in the system. If it is not, they need to contact their dealer rep and go through the process of getting the order corrected. It may take a few days but can be done.

Source: A member in our group had color entered wrong and corrected post VIN. Another member had color and interior entered wrong and corrected post VIN.
Great, thank you for the advice and confirmation!

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet your dealer modified your original order for someone else's build and the dealer is going to try to switch you to that person's order slot, which is probably later. Kind of like giving a priority order but with your reservation.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
here we go again ... if you can prove via email communications that your dealer screwed up then Ford will rush a new order in to fix the mistake and you will get a new build.

Sponsored
OP
OP
footsteps

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I read horror stories like this than I start to worry how the fuck can people be so stupid whoever did the data entry for your order needs to be fired like they should have double and triple checked before they hit enter
It is kind of strange, I have an order sheet from the dealer with all the correct details that they had me sign (order # 1234), and the order number in there system now is order #2345. The order number seems to have changed

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I bet you are making this up and if you have no proof then you are just making it up.

You will be surprised that lots of mistakes are made when a dealer submits an order.

Why do you think there are priority codes? If the OP can prove it was a mistake by the dealer then Ford will award another allocation with a priority of 1 which would get pulled ASAP.

I bet your dealer modified your original order for someone else's build and the dealer is going to try to switch you to that person's order slot, which is probably later. Kind of like giving a priority order but with your reservation.

OP
OP
footsteps

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

here we go again ... if you can prove via email communications that your dealer screwed up then Ford will rush a new order in to fix the mistake and you will get a new build.
yep, I have order sheet with correct details dated 01/21/2021. Thank you!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The conspiracy theories on this board are getting ridiculously out of hand. Not all dealerships are out to screw people and people do make mistakes.

Don't attribute to malice what so easily can be attributed to stupidity.

Edit; @Raptor911 beat me to it.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, there are good dealers and not good dealers. I was in the business for a long time in every level between sales, finance and sales management and if you think every dealer and dealer employee is some benign, benevolent presence then you might want to reevaluate the situation. For every Batman there is a Joker....

Sponsored

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The 334 # above is Bronco customer service. They will not change anything. They will tell you your dealer has to and you will be extremely lucky if they are able to change anything. With that said, I need to make a change that the dealer said they were not able to do but they worked with Ford and was able to make the change.
I would not trust the update app, it is unreliable. Check with your dealer again and tell them that it reverted to the old color on your side and ask if they can double check it is correct in their computer. If it is you can feel confident that it is correct even if it doesn’t show that way on your side.

Last edited:
OP
OP
footsteps

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The 334 # above is Bronco customer service. They will not change anything. They will tell you your dealer has to and you will be extremely lucky if they are able to change anything. With that said, I need to make a change that the dealer said they were not able to do but they worked with Ford and was able to make the change.
I would not trust the update app, it is unreliable. Check with your dealer again and tell them that it reverted to the old color on your side and ask if they can double check it is correct in their computer. If it is you can feel confident that it is correct even if it doesn’t show that way on your side.
yes, I contacted the 334# and they advised:

go back to dealer, ask dealer to contact their "sales zone representative", and sales zone rep could contact production and fix

I have and order sheet (with order number) from my dealer with all the correct details dated 01/21/2021 when I completed my order

My order is now in the system under a different order number with incorrect details

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
yes, I contacted the 334# and they advised:

go back to dealer, ask dealer to contact their "sales zone representative", and sales zone rep could contact production and fix

I have and order sheet (with order number) from my dealer with all the correct details dated 01/21/2021 when I completed my order

My order is now in the system under a different order number with incorrect details
They may have had to change the order number because you already had a vin. I had originally ordered a BD but changed to a BB. My Ford account still shows the BD order but I know the BB is the new order in the system even though it doesn’t show on my side.

OP
OP
footsteps

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They may have had to change the order number because you already had a vin. I had originally ordered a BD but changed to a BB. My Ford account still shows the BD order but I know the BB is the new order in the system even though it doesn’t show on my side.
yeah, fingers crossed everything works out ok for August 23 build week! We shall see!
Sponsored