Sponsored

My personal new thinking with the long delay...

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is a great plan. I miss my Focus st. They have really good torque down low and they are fun to drive. The wrx just doesnt pull as much down low stock for stock. Keep the miles off the Bronco, get better mpg on the st....I say keep them both.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you have too many vehicles?
My motorcycle is my primary commuting to work vehicle. My truck for when I need a truck.
My Bronco for when I need a Bronco.
My wife has her vehicles.
So far we are not parking anything in the grass, so it’s all good.

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nothing wrong with having more than one car especially if you are a car guy. It comes down to finances and if you have your other more important priorities funded (home, retirement, kid's college etc). Any extra money available above those big expenses is just for fun and living life.

I am one guy, not married. I have two cars in the garage. Two cars on order (Ford Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche GT3), one car reserved waiting for ordering availability next year (Porsche GT3RS). One more car planning to be bought in 2023 (1957 Porsche Speedster replica). Here is a pic of my tiny garage. Bronco will be kicked out to the curb. I hope that MIC top remains water proof!

Ford Bronco My personal new thinking with the long delay... Lift2

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

planning on keeping my MustngGT and my 1982 F100, even when the Bronco arrives. A running horse, a bucking horse and a workhorse. All fun.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I say keep it also. If the insurance doesn't hurt your budget I see no reason to trade it for the Bronco. Depending on the age, and miles on the car trade-in value is likely to be low. 70 miles a day will add up quickly as you know. Also, if the parking area at your place of employment was like mine there are a lot of idiots that could care less if they bump that new Bronco when opening their doors. And, the thing that drove my carzy was those that just had to walk between cars carrying a hugh ass lunch container, and brushed it down the side of cars as they walked through. I was forever buffing scuff marks off the side of my vehicles. Good luck on your decision. However, I think you've had already made it, and was looking for comformation it was the correct one. I do that a lot myself. :)

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I gave my current car, Focus ST, a good clean out and bath today. Some damage was fixed. It really is running great (knock on wood). Up until today it was going to be a trade in. I've always had the thinking of, I'm one man, why do I need two cars?? But maybe with this extra long delay and continually adding money to the down payment, I just... keep it. I could still drive it most days to work. I could keep all those miles off the Bronco and keep it feeling newer longer. Make the Bronco my weekend fun vehicle. I've never even considered not having a trade in before, but I can save up the value of the ST as a trade in easy enough before I ever see my Bronco... any pros or cons that aren't obvious?
Sounds like sound planning to me. You will save on gas and putting miles on- however the offset will be the insurance costs.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nothing wrong with having more than one car especially if you are a car guy. It comes down to finances and if you have your other more important priorities funded (home, retirement, kid's college etc). Any extra money available above those big expenses is just for fun and living life.

I am one guy, not married. I have two cars in the garage. Two cars on order (Ford Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche GT3), one car reserved waiting for ordering availability next year (Porsche GT3RS). One more car planning to be bought in 2023 (1957 Porsche Speedster replica). Here is a pic of my tiny garage. Bronco will be kicked out to the curb. I hope that MIC top remains water proof!

Ford Bronco My personal new thinking with the long delay... Lift2
The price of those two cars , plus the garage looks like the price of my divorce settlement. Lol. Great looking cars!

Possum Padre

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My daily driver is a 2011 manual Corolla. I will keep it because I won’t get much on a trade in. Also, I plan to leave my hard top off in the summer. The Bronco can sit inside during those rainy days. I have no plans of parting with this Bronco. I enjoy getting all of the life out of my autos.

Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm keeping my 15 f-150, because honestly being from Texas I never have and can't imagine not having a pickup. I was going to trade it till all the delays and rat holing money away for more down payment. So I will have that, my 86 Bronco, and my new one.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gave my current car, Focus ST, a good clean out and bath today. Some damage was fixed. It really is running great (knock on wood). Up until today it was going to be a trade in. I've always had the thinking of, I'm one man, why do I need two cars?? But maybe with this extra long delay and continually adding money to the down payment, I just... keep it. I could still drive it most days to work. I could keep all those miles off the Bronco and keep it feeling newer longer. Make the Bronco my weekend fun vehicle. I've never even considered not having a trade in before, but I can save up the value of the ST as a trade in easy enough before I ever see my Bronco... any pros or cons that aren't obvious?
Bronco is nice and all, but this ain't your dream 911 or ///M3, so no need to pamper it. Sure the Bronco is rare now and enjoying some direct sun, but let's get real, it's a Ford and ultimately nothing special.

Unless.....

You drive it, bash on it, keep it dirty, take the top off, and enjoy making lots of smiles and shit eating grins because you've done all of the things I just described.

Being single with 2 vehicles (unless one is a motorcycle, boat, RV, jet ski, or ATV is sorta tacky. Not only must you insure both, but registration and tags, which I hate every year.

Any Ford outside of a GT deserves to get pounded.

In other words, don't try to turn this late night hook up from the bar who was half drunk and smoking a pack of reds into your prissy wife who'll impress all your boys and your mom. :)

Bronco ain't your prom queen, but she'll wear you out and leaving you in a sweaty heap with a smile from ear to ear.

Yep. 😌.....

Last edited:

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Being single with 2 vehicles (unless one is a motorcycle, boat, RV, jet ski, or ATV is sorta tacky. Not only must you insure both, but registration and tags, which I hate every year.
The wife and I have an Explorer, F-150, 74' Bronco and a boat. A few years ago we had those 3 vehicles and 2 boats, 2 jet skis and 2 houses.
Never thought it was "tacky". :unsure:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Insurance on 2 vehicles isn't too horrible
Well, for 1 driver it is.... Lol
You'd think at least 1 of the vehicles would be considered part time use, and be insured accordingly. But no....
I had 2 vehicles in the past and the only discount was a small, bundled policy with home insurance combined.
Plus maintenance and upkeep, it really isn't worth it.
Sponsored