BD1

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
When I first got there, I walked around the gate to the line of Broncos where you’re not really supposed to hang out, because the rides hadn’t started yet. The silver Badlands had its doors open so I spent some touching the dash and materials. It felt like soft touch to me, but not like a luxury automobile of course. It was nice truck status.

The navy pier dash up close actually looks really good, didn’t expect that at all. It’s not as dark as it seems in photos and the texture on it helps it not look as much like the 80s Ford interior.
So the dash itself is soft touch or do you mean other parts of the interior are soft touch?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW X3 2018 BMW 440i Soon: 21/22 Bronco 2DR
Clubs

When I first got there, I walked around the gate to the line of Broncos where you’re not really supposed to hang out, because the rides hadn’t started yet. The silver Badlands had its doors open so I spent some touching the dash and materials. It felt like soft touch to me, but not like a luxury automobile of course. It was nice truck status.

The navy pier dash up close actually looks really good, didn’t expect that at all. It’s not as dark as it seems in photos and the texture on it helps it not look as much like the 80s Ford interior.
Midnight, this is awesome! Pics are great.

When you were riding, did you experience any banging when riding on the rocks, or did you notice any bangs on the truck or wheels?

I'll take mine over some rocks, but nothing even remotely that'll look like trouble for the first few years, but wonder what the pro driver would hit while doing these ride alongs unless the trial was on the soft side.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Does anyone know if the WIldtrak bumper actually has those tiny lights embedded in the bumper? Also, why does that build not come with the heavy duty bumper? What do you all think of the brush guard?

X-
What "tiny embedded" lights are you referring to?

That's my one major disappointment with Wildtrak - that you can't at least option the steel rear bumper - it's more looks alone for me than anything.

---

All I have to say is, part of me wishes I'd have gone just to experience this - seems like a ton of fun to be there seeing what they can do with a professional driving it.

And it's also making me even more excited for mine to come even though I know I'm likely never going to do anything near any of this degree of offroading.

OP
Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Accord
So the dash itself is soft touch or do you mean other parts of the interior are soft touch?
I was looking for thin, stiff pieces of plastic, mainly. [I had a '89 XJ Cherokee 2-door and know what that looks like in the rear sides, for example, although I loved that truck]. The textured dash is obviously nice and soft and feels thick/dense, but I was focused on the other pieces around the light switches, footwell and rear side areas, based on my XJ experience. It felt like what you'd expect in an F-150 Lariat; not cheap, not a luxury sedan, still nice enough to impress, for sure. I know that's not scientific, but that's my personal impression.

OP
Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Accord
When you were riding, did you experience any banging when riding on the rocks, or did you notice any bangs on the truck or wheels?
Definitely banged my noggin on the b-pilar one time real good... that's when I started leaning in towards the center console. Good thing it wasn't the window!

There was a lot of rattling but I was not alarmed by that at all. It felt sturdy to me, I've heard similar noises on country roads just cruising like normal.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW X3 2018 BMW 440i Soon: 21/22 Bronco 2DR
Clubs

Definitely banged my noggin on the b-pilar one time real good... that's when I started leaning in towards the center console. Good thing it wasn't the window!

There was a lot of rattling but I was not alarmed by that at all. It felt sturdy to me, I've heard similar noises on country roads just cruising like normal.
Sorry that you hit your head, that sucks!

Good info, as banging of the vehicle is a much better sounds than scraping over rocks. Your feeling confident about the ride is a relief; your posts in the forum have credibility. Thanks!

wvmtneer

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Clubs

Here’s what I noticed today after seeing these shots and watching the video.
1. Area 51 looks really nice and is a contender for me now
2. IMO Sasquatch gives me the look I’m going for. I think it balances it better. Before I was sold on the 33’s
3. Body colored door handles make a good difference.
4. I’m sold on the larger screen.
5. I’m still unsure of the brush guard
6. I now like the sig lights as well as the signals on the mirror.
7. WILDTRAK
8. My monthly pmt just went up :)
9. And your pants got tight for a few minutes...Boom roasted!!!

Bickertjr

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350
The 2 door is so much more rad
So you guys have helped my decide not to sell my 72. No it comes out of the barn and to the shop in about a week. I have 2 more questions. Should i paint it to match the new one i order?. This will be a wait because i'm sure my options will push me to a 22. I know more are ordering 4 doors and its been what i have always thought i would get. But that area51 2 door really has me thinking. It's not like i will ever have to climb back there. When i had my 72 going i had the top off 9 months of the year and everyone just grabbed the roolbar and stepped on the tire to get it. I'm 52 youngest kid is 14. Dont really need a school bus anymore.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
So you guys have helped my decide not to sell my 72. No it comes out of the barn and to the shop in about a week. I have 2 more questions. Should i paint it to match the new one i order?. This will be a wait because i'm sure my options will push me to a 22. I know more are ordering 4 doors and its been what i have always thought i would get. But that area51 2 door really has me thinking. It's not like i will ever have to climb back there. When i had my 72 going i had the top off 9 months of the year and everyone just grabbed the roolbar and stepped on the tire to get it. I'm 52 youngest kid is 14. Dont really need a school bus anymore.
Is your '72 a factory-original color now? If not, what was the original color? If the original color was not good and the current paint job needs help, doing a matching color could be good depending on what new color you are getting. Iconic, Area 51, Cactus would be good. Probably Cyber Orance. Black, no. All white is too plain. Some of the others could work.

Bickertjr

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350
Is your '72 a factory-original color now? If not, what was the original color? If the original color was not good and the current paint job needs help, doing a matching color could be good depending on what new color you are getting. Iconic, Area 51, Cactus would be good. Probably Cyber Orance. Black, no. All white is too plain. Some of the others could work.
20201231_133332.jpg
20201231_133332.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement