mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed, I am just worried about so little storage
Well when I did some comparisons on the size of the car space I realized I am going to have to get one of those roof cargo things. I’ve never had one but I figure any overflow can go up there and the important stuff can stay in the back. That’s if we go for a longer trip. Short trips I think we will be fine with the space in the back. Most of our trips will be to off road parks that are maybe 1.5 to 3.5 hours away.
Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Driving wrangler sucks
It’s capable and cool looking, but not fun to drive
Signed former Jeep owner
To each their own, which is why I avoid blanket statements like this. You think driving a wrangler sucks. I love driving my JKU. I feel like it's just fun to drive and prefer it to driving most other options I have. You can't expect it to be a plush ride. I like to feel the bumps. I find it to be plenty responsive. It's fast enough and torquey enough for something with big tires and a small lift. I don't like going over 80 with it but ... I also don't want a speeding ticket and have no need to go that fast. I like the tight interior and upright seating position as well. I'm 6'2 and feel like it fits me perfectly. I've been waiting for this bronco since the 2004 concept and am really excited by what they've done. I just hope I am as happy to drive it as I am my wrangler.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To each their own, which is why I avoid blanket statements like this. You think driving a wrangler sucks. I love driving my JKU. I feel like it's just fun to drive and prefer it to driving most other options I have. You can't expect it to be a plush ride. I like to feel the bumps. I find it to be plenty responsive. It's fast enough and torquey enough for something with big tires and a small lift. I don't like going over 80 with it but ... I also don't want a speeding ticket and have no need to go that fast. I like the tight interior and upright seating position as well. I'm 6'2 and feel like it fits me perfectly. I've been waiting for this bronco since the 2004 concept and am really excited by what they've done. I just hope I am as happy to drive it as I am my wrangler.
I feel ya, I am 6’3” and I don’t like how tight the wrangler is, but my brother is 6’1” and he drives a focus for gas mileage and he likes the tight fit, so I do understand from that perspective. I’m glad you enjoy the wrangler. I agree on the bronco and hope we can all be happy driving and enjoying it. It may provide a common ground for all of us! ?

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point about the Bronco potentially being as loud as the Jeep on road.
I'd expect the Bronco to be more aerodynamic and produce less wind noise than the Jeep. Tires make a big difference in noise too. Either way, I'd expect the bronco to be quieter.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel ya, I am 6’3” and I don’t like how tight the wrangler is, but my brother is 6’1” and he drives a focus for gas mileage and he likes the tight fit, so I do understand from that perspective. I’m glad you enjoy the wrangler. I agree on the bronco and hope we can all be happy driving and enjoying it. It may provide a common ground for all of us! ?
The wait is grueling though! Luckily, I've been saving for it and with more time I'll be in a much better financial situation for it. 130K on my JK with only minimal issue with the HVAC system. It's been good to me, but as the mileage creeps up I get nervous.

Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The wait is grueling though! Luckily, I've been saving for it and with more time I'll be in a much better financial situation for it. 130K on my JK with only minimal issue with the HVAC system. It's been good to me, but as the mileage creeps up I get nervous.
Hopefully it will be a non issue with the JK and you’ll be set til next spring. That’s exactly the way I think about it the bronco from a financial standpoint. I’m not replacing anything in the stable just adding to it. But the wait will give me extra time to save up to about $30-40k to put down on one. I’m already at $25k saved because of the wait already. Even though that same wait is killing me slowly. I’m hoping the build and price followed by the ordering phase will help me make it through these “trying” times. Lol

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd expect the Bronco to be more aerodynamic and produce less wind noise than the Jeep. Tires make a big difference in noise too. Either way, I'd expect the bronco to be quieter.
To me the Bronco appears just as aerodynamic as the Jeep, they are both bricks.
The tires are a moot point for me, as I'll be getting Nitto 37 inch TG's on which ever one I end up with.
Perhaps the Jeep may may give more feedback on road due to SFA, I can live with that because off road I prefer SFA. Just waiting to see what Ford comes out with to support 37's, if anything.

Mattymeats

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Tesla Model X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious on what everyone's thoughts are on a 4-door Bronco being capable of being a daily driver and also the family vehicle (family of 4)?

I've been in a Wrangler and am concerned about the size of the Bronco in terms of interior space. This thread made me feel a little bit better, but curious to see others' thoughts.

Rustytuna

Base
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Base
It looks like the Bronco is slightly bigger on the interior than the Ranger, which I was not impressed with on the test drive yesterday. HOWEVER, I had just driven an F150 and I felt i could drive to Cali and back in it, the seats were just so comfortable for me at 6'1". I hope the few inches we gain in leg, shoulder, and hip room translate to a much more comfortable ride vs the Ranger and if it can get close to the F150, I would be very happy with it for very long road trips.

I did sit in a JL Wrangler in January at a car show and that was awful, one of the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sat in the new wrangler then the ranger. First take away on the wrangler was the interior was super tight/narrow. The front hip and shoulder room was not good and there was no room to bend out your your left elbow when driving. The steering wheel felt very close to the door. Rear leg was adequate. The cross bar was very limiting spatially, so that should be vastly improved with the Bronco.

Then sat in the ranger crew cab. Given the same chassis, the interior dimensions on paper are basically identical, with the Bronco having some dimensions half inch wider. And the total legroom of the bronco is 2” longer on paper. The ranger felt way more spacious width wise than the wrangler. It was a huge sigh of relief. After comparing all the dimensions on paper, sure enough the Bronco has 2” of more front hip room than the wrangler and after sitting in the ranger the roominess was night and day compared to the wrangler. Likely due to the wrangler having a narrower cab sitting in between big fenders. Where bronco is more full width cab. In regards to legroom given the bronco is 2” more total legroom than the ranger, I set the driver seat in my regular position (I’m 6 ft tall and sit in a slightly backwards, lax position). I then moved the seat up 2” and sat behind myself (the equivalent of the bronco, assuming the dimensions on paper are accurate). I fit just fine with my knees half inch from grazing the front seat. So that seemed promising as well. Ford definitely seems to advertise their legroom measurements to favor front legroom, so the rear legroom measurement felt understated for sure for given the amount of room I had in the back with the front seat in my lax driving position.

Tried out the B&O in the ranger. Did NOT disappoint. Nas’ new hit song, Spicy, came on the radio, and I knew it was meant to be lol

Also hunted down an F150 in Magma Red. Similar to Antimatter I think. Very dark metallic and red/maroon highlights in the sun. Black in the shade. Oh. my. God. It was the best color on the lot and looked like a show stopper sitting there waxed in the sun. It doesn’t photograph well so I urge you see one in person if you’re considering AMB. I could only imagine how much I’m going to love a color like that with blue accents instead of maroon...plus the white top...

big takeaway is nothing disappointed and I’m very excited. I couldn’t imagine driving the wrangler for an extended period of time (just based on the cabin size). Whereas the Ranger was perfectly roomy and spacious, so with the bronco being 2” longer, I don’t really have any doubts or reservations on this car being a good fit size wise. Cargo is a different story, but walked away very pleased.
question do you think you would be as comfy in the bronco at 6' 4" ?

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model