deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sat in the new wrangler then the ranger. First take away on the wrangler was the interior was super tight/narrow. The front hip and shoulder room was not good and there was no room to bend out your your left elbow when driving. The steering wheel felt very close to the door. Rear leg was adequate. The cross bar was very limiting spatially, so that should be vastly improved with the Bronco.

Then sat in the ranger crew cab. Given the same chassis, the interior dimensions on paper are basically identical, with the Bronco having some dimensions half inch wider. And the total legroom of the bronco is 2ā€ longer on paper. The ranger felt way more spacious width wise than the wrangler. It was a huge sigh of relief. After comparing all the dimensions on paper, sure enough the Bronco has 2ā€ of more front hip room than the wrangler and after sitting in the ranger the roominess was night and day compared to the wrangler. Likely due to the wrangler having a narrower cab sitting in between big fenders. Where bronco is more full width cab. In regards to legroom given the bronco is 2ā€ more total legroom than the ranger, I set the driver seat in my regular position (Iā€™m 6 ft tall and sit in a slightly backwards, lax position). I then moved the seat up 2ā€ and sat behind myself (the equivalent of the bronco, assuming the dimensions on paper are accurate). I fit just fine with my knees half inch from grazing the front seat. So that seemed promising as well. Ford definitely seems to advertise their legroom measurements to favor front legroom, so the rear legroom measurement felt understated for sure for given the amount of room I had in the back with the front seat in my lax driving position.

Tried out the B&O in the ranger. Did NOT disappoint. Nasā€™ new hit song, Spicy, came on the radio, and I knew it was meant to be lol

Also hunted down an F150 in Magma Red. Similar to Antimatter I think. Very dark metallic and red/maroon highlights in the sun. Black in the shade. Oh. my. God. It was the best color on the lot and looked like a show stopper sitting there waxed in the sun. It doesnā€™t photograph well so I urge you see one in person if youā€™re considering AMB. I could only imagine how much Iā€™m going to love a color like that with blue accents instead of maroon...plus the white top...

big takeaway is nothing disappointed and Iā€™m very excited. I couldnā€™t imagine driving the wrangler for an extended period of time (just based on the cabin size). Whereas the Ranger was perfectly roomy and spacious, so with the bronco being 2ā€ longer, I donā€™t really have any doubts or reservations on this car being a good fit size wise. Cargo is a different story, but walked away very pleased.
I was just happy to find out that the Bronco is 24 inches shorter than my Challenger. It'll free up a little room in the garage.
Sponsored

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully the Bronco has more room then Jeep because my 2 wranglers both felt really cramped. I had a 93 Grand Cherokee and it was very cramped too, later then made it bigger and I liked them alot more.

grmmylpa

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 F150, 2020 Ranger Crew Cab,
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think I'm going to have to go take a Ranger out again. I haven't test drove one since they first hit the dealer lots back in January 19. I want to revisit the interior and the 2.3.
I'm glad to hear that the Bronco will ride/drive like the Ranger. I have a 2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab and it is really nice to drive.
The interior is comfortable and doesn't feel too tight (Once I got used to a smaller truck. I've always had f150's and actually traded in a 2019 F250 Super Duty on the Ranger, so I don't think the Ranger was actually small inside, it's just that I was used to the interior space of a cruise ship with the other trucks I've had.) I'm 6ft tall and have plenty of headroom with the seat set at it's lowest height. I have the B&O sound system and it is fantastic!
The 2.3 has plenty of pep. It's not like the old turbos with the lag. The turbos kick in early in the rpm range so you aren't starting out from a stop and waiting for them to kick in. It's pretty close to about 1000-1500 rpms as I recall from the last time I paid attention to it. I can surprise people when I need to accelerate from a stop to merge. It goes! I don't do any towing so I can't really help with any info as to how well the 2.3 is set up to handle that. The ride is definitely smooth enough to drive it every day and on longer trips. (I'm old, so my concern about the new Bronco was that it would ride like the past generations which was VERY choppy!)
My only issue with the Ranger is the 10 speed automatic. I'm assuming it will be the same as the one in the Bronco. It seems to hesitate and "hang up" between shifts when accelerating and letting off of the gas. So when I accelerate to 65 (Or whatever speed you want to put in here!) once I hit 65 and ease back on the gas, it doesn't upshift and reduce rpms. It stays in the lower gear for a few more seconds before upshifting to the cruising gear and it seems to hit that final shift pretty hard. I know that there have been issues with Ford's 10 speeds, so this might be what has plagued them in the past too! Because of this, I'll probably opt for the 7 speed manual since I really don't drive in much start/stop traffic and enjoy driving a true 3-pedal manual transmission.
Now if I could only decide on a color!! I'm Leaning towards Antimatter, Area 51, or Iconic Silver. Not too many people seem to be mentioning the silver but I've seen it on some F150's and its really a cool looking silver. It seems to have some darker flaking in it than the old "Ingot" silver.
Thanks for the forum! I've been reading it for months and finally decided to jump in and share info and ask questions!

RustChole

Big Bend
First Name
TheKeeper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is it save to assume that Pineapple Pizza will be served? #Asking4Sasquatch
None of these hip flavored seltzerā€™s either. Flavored seltzer=Jeep. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m getting rid of mine.

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm glad to hear that the Bronco will ride/drive like the Ranger. I have a 2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab and it is really nice to drive.
The interior is comfortable and doesn't feel too tight (Once I got used to a smaller truck. I've always had f150's and actually traded in a 2019 F250 Super Duty on the Ranger, so I don't think the Ranger was actually small inside, it's just that I was used to the interior space of a cruise ship with the other trucks I've had.) I'm 6ft tall and have plenty of headroom with the seat set at it's lowest height. I have the B&O sound system and it is fantastic!
The 2.3 has plenty of pep. It's not like the old turbos with the lag. The turbos kick in early in the rpm range so you aren't starting out from a stop and waiting for them to kick in. It's pretty close to about 1000-1500 rpms as I recall from the last time I paid attention to it. I can surprise people when I need to accelerate from a stop to merge. It goes! I don't do any towing so I can't really help with any info as to how well the 2.3 is set up to handle that. The ride is definitely smooth enough to drive it every day and on longer trips. (I'm old, so my concern about the new Bronco was that it would ride like the past generations which was VERY choppy!)
My only issue with the Ranger is the 10 speed automatic. I'm assuming it will be the same as the one in the Bronco. It seems to hesitate and "hang up" between shifts when accelerating and letting off of the gas. So when I accelerate to 65 (Or whatever speed you want to put in here!) once I hit 65 and ease back on the gas, it doesn't upshift and reduce rpms. It stays in the lower gear for a few more seconds before upshifting to the cruising gear and it seems to hit that final shift pretty hard. I know that there have been issues with Ford's 10 speeds, so this might be what has plagued them in the past too! Because of this, I'll probably opt for the 7 speed manual since I really don't drive in much start/stop traffic and enjoy driving a true 3-pedal manual transmission.
Now if I could only decide on a color!! I'm Leaning towards Antimatter, Area 51, or Iconic Silver. Not too many people seem to be mentioning the silver but I've seen it on some F150's and its really a cool looking silver. It seems to have some darker flaking in it than the old "Ingot" silver.
Thanks for the forum! I've been reading it for months and finally decided to jump in and share info and ask questions!
Thanks for the
Great information.
Very helpful.
P.S.
A tune would really help with you
Transmission shifting issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ranger vs Gladiator in depth review

Good video. He notes the Wrangler is more off road focused of a drive, and Ranger feels more on road going and drives like an escape and overall feels more nimble. (Which is a positive for me). If thatā€™s what your not looking for, Iā€™m sure the Sasquatch package will get you the type of drive you are looking for. Although to be fair, Gladiator is more rubicon tuned. It would be like comparing an OBX to a FE

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Driving wrangler sucks
Itā€™s capable and cool looking, but not fun to drive
Signed former Jeep owner
I'm in jackson hole wyoming for vacation this labor day weekend and took the opportunity to rent a jeep wrangler. Coming from sedans my whole life (focus, then optima) with tighter handling, I was initially very surprised by the floaty and looser handling. Very curious if the bronco will have similar handling. I like it either way, just noting how noticeably different it is than what I'm used to.

But then I quickly adjusted to it. Allows for a much more relaxed ride. Sure I can't maneuver out of sticky situations like I would find back home in philly when someone cuts me off. But for slower speed driving or being somewhere where its not about zooming from place to place (west coast living or the slowness of the south), the jeep makes sense!

My fiance proclaimed she was going to now become a jeep girl and look for a used jeep ha. Told her we don't need to have two very similar vehicles (bronco and jeep). But also hey, why not?

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for those observations. I always thought Wranglers had good leg room up front but definitely felt 'narrow'. Good to hear that the Bronco is a little larger inside. Comparatively the Bronco is larger than the MB GLA, Mazda CX3, Wrangler/Renegade and BMW X2, it would be great if Ford actually had pics of it side by side with some of those vehicles. Thanks again for the write up.

JayKrup

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am on the fence with Bronco vs Rubi.
I drive hundreds of interstate miles each way to get to my destination to off road and camp.
Can you go into more detail about your comment with the Jeep? I know SFA isn't as comfortable on the road as IFS, but was the Jeep horrid on road?
I plan to go 37's on which ever I get.
Will not be a DD.
I have no issues with my JL, I'm 6'4 240 as a former athlete im not the smallest person and i fit comfortably. I do have an upgraded suspension but it rides and steers good and I am coming from a JK as well. The JL was designed much better than the JK. I have had zero complaints about my JL. Of course its ā€œloudā€ on the highway but Iā€™m sure the Bronco will be just as loud. The Wrangler isnā€™t a terrible vehicle you will be happy with either choice you make if the Bronco is as good as it supposed to be.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have no issues with my JL, I'm 6'4 240 as a former athlete im not the smallest person and i fit comfortably. I do have an upgraded suspension but it rides and steers good and I am coming from a JK as well. The JL was designed much better than the JK. I have had zero complaints about my JL. Of course its ā€œloudā€ on the highway but Iā€™m sure the Bronco will be just as loud. The Wrangler isnā€™t a terrible vehicle you will be happy with either choice you make if the Bronco is as good as it supposed to be.
Good point about the Bronco potentially being as loud as the Jeep on road.

TUNGSTANG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that I fit comfortably in. I'm 6'6" and 330lbs. My only complaint with my Jeep is that after a couple of hours, the seats start to agrevate me and my wife's lower back. I hope the Bronco has better seats.
According to the specs on jeep and ford's site the interior should be slightly larger on the Bronco.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sat in the new wrangler then the ranger. First take away on the wrangler was the interior was super tight/narrow. The front hip and shoulder room was not good and there was no room to bend out your your left elbow when driving. The steering wheel felt very close to the door. Rear leg was adequate. The cross bar was very limiting spatially, so that should be vastly improved with the Bronco.

Then sat in the ranger crew cab. Given the same chassis, the interior dimensions on paper are basically identical, with the Bronco having some dimensions half inch wider. And the total legroom of the bronco is 2ā€ longer on paper. The ranger felt way more spacious width wise than the wrangler. It was a huge sigh of relief. After comparing all the dimensions on paper, sure enough the Bronco has 2ā€ of more front hip room than the wrangler and after sitting in the ranger the roominess was night and day compared to the wrangler. Likely due to the wrangler having a narrower cab sitting in between big fenders. Where bronco is more full width cab. In regards to legroom given the bronco is 2ā€ more total legroom than the ranger, I set the driver seat in my regular position (Iā€™m 6 ft tall and sit in a slightly backwards, lax position). I then moved the seat up 2ā€ and sat behind myself (the equivalent of the bronco, assuming the dimensions on paper are accurate). I fit just fine with my knees half inch from grazing the front seat. So that seemed promising as well. Ford definitely seems to advertise their legroom measurements to favor front legroom, so the rear legroom measurement felt understated for sure for given the amount of room I had in the back with the front seat in my lax driving position.

Tried out the B&O in the ranger. Did NOT disappoint. Nasā€™ new hit song, Spicy, came on the radio, and I knew it was meant to be lol

Also hunted down an F150 in Magma Red. Similar to Antimatter I think. Very dark metallic and red/maroon highlights in the sun. Black in the shade. Oh. my. God. It was the best color on the lot and looked like a show stopper sitting there waxed in the sun. It doesnā€™t photograph well so I urge you see one in person if youā€™re considering AMB. I could only imagine how much Iā€™m going to love a color like that with blue accents instead of maroon...plus the white top...

big takeaway is nothing disappointed and Iā€™m very excited. I couldnā€™t imagine driving the wrangler for an extended period of time (just based on the cabin size). Whereas the Ranger was perfectly roomy and spacious, so with the bronco being 2ā€ longer, I donā€™t really have any doubts or reservations on this car being a good fit size wise. Cargo is a different story, but walked away very pleased.
Magma Red has been discontinued. That may be worth considering as well. I've sat in a few Ranger's and found the roominess just about adequate, but not overly spacious. The interior appointments left me a little disappointed and made me decide I didn't want a Ranger. I hope Bronco does better.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the nice write up. I had a 14ā€™ JKU so Iā€™m hoping the Bronco is better on the highway, along with good off-road chops.
Did you happen to see any Navy Pier Leathers trimmed Interior And notice if it looks way better in person ? Asking for a friend (FE 2-Door)
Sponsored