TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Made this if anyone is interested in seeing how the Bronco 4-door compares to other similar and a couple not so similar vehicles. I made this for myself using the trucks/SUVs I wanted to compare. All are 4 door. All the data is directly from the manufacturer's website.
Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice shot of the side by side dashboards capping this thread. No doubt the Bronco dash is the" High Level" on the OB and up trims. Has anyone seen a photo of the lower level dashboard / instrutment panel? Also, from other photos it looks like the Advanced 4 x 4 selector is with the shifter. Is it possible the Part-time selector will be dash mounted?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No doubt the Bronco dash is the" High Level" on the OB and up trims. Has anyone seen a photo of the lower level dashboard / instrutment panel?
First I've heard of two different hi/lo dashboards. Can you expand on this some?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
First I've heard of two different hi/lo dashboards. Can you expand on this some?
The "High Level Instrument " term first pops up on the OB description. In some videos of the dash when you change GOAT modes in relects those changes in the center of the instrument panel. Thinking maybe not the case on lower levels or its tied to the Advance 4 x 4. All the stills, including the one on this thread show that center instrument screen. To be clear, I'm talking about the one near the speedometer.

Last edited:

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am on the fence with Bronco vs Rubi.
I drive hundreds of interstate miles each way to get to my destination to off road and camp.
Can you go into more detail about your comment with the Jeep? I know SFA isn't as comfortable on the road as IFS, but was the Jeep horrid on road?
I plan to go 37's on which ever I get.
Will not be a DD.
Jeep sold 228,042 wranglers in 2019. I doubt that many wranglers would of sold if it was a horrid road ride. I personally know a few owners that never take their Jeep off road so every mile is on the road and they still love their Wrangler. IFS will ride nicer but nobody is going to drop $40-65k on a Wrangler if the ride was horrid. I drive about 11,000 miles a year on my 2013 Wrangler, it is my DD. I am waiting for my call to build and order my 2021 Bronco.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The "High Level Instrument " term
Yes...I see some references....seems to refer to expanded info displays in the screen forward of the steering wheel

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep sold 228,042 wranglers in 2019. I doubt that many wranglers would of sold if it was a horrid road ride. I personally know a few owners that never take their Jeep off road so every mile is on the road and they still love their Wrangler. IFS will ride nicer but nobody is going to drop $40-65k on a Wrangler if the ride was horrid. I drive about 11,000 miles a year on my 2013 Wrangler, it is my DD. I am waiting for my call to build and order my 2021 Bronco.
i had a wrangler for a rental just before the pandemic shut everything down. i'm not sure which one was the king of 'let's not do that at 70 mph', either the jeep commander which you could turn the wheel approximately 30 degrees without affecting direction, or the wrangler which was pretty nervous with lots of steering correction

JayKrup

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Facts!

KCBRUIN

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 screw 3.5eb
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve owned two Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JKs. The vehicle with the roof and doors on felt like an econobox cheap crappy car. With the roof and doors off they were the most fun vehicle’s I’ve ever owned. I would take the roof and doors off in mid March and leave them off until November. Interior cabin space is a moot point with no doors. The JLs have a much nicer interior so they shouldn’t feel as cheap anymore.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I'm certainly hoping it's roomier than my buddies JK wrangler. That thing also feels like it's gonna fall apart every time I've ridden in it. I'm also hoping that if we stick with the 32s on the Big Bend that the highway ride and noise won't be super loud. I'll also be getting the extra top insulation as well. We'll just have to see.

Sponsored

Jk4finger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel the same way. I am 6’3” and felt like the wrangler was barely drivable due to the leg, hip, and shoulder room. I only sat in a ranger and it was significantly more comfortable. I’ve always wanted a open air off road vehicle but due to the wranglers size it’s really never been an option for me. I feel like the bronco has given me that feeling of wanting to hit the wilderness and take my kids out in the bronco and spend more time with them outdoors. Kinda cheesy but it is what it is. ?
Your absolutely correct I’m 6’5” and can’t wait to get mine for the kids

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wish someone could find the windshield dimensions of the new Bronco, a 2020 Jeep Wrangler and maybe the 2020 Ranger. I can't seem to find that info anywhere.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tried out the B&O in the ranger. Did NOT disappoint. Nas’ new hit song, Spicy, came on the radio, and I knew it was meant to be lol
Yes, I definitely recommend anyone who doesn’t want to get the Lux package should avoid listening to the B&O stereo, unless someone wants to build their own system. I’ve heard the B&O in two different vehicles and in both, there was a marked difference between it and the lower-level stereo which itself was an upgrade over the base system.

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel the same way. I am 6’3” and felt like the wrangler was barely drivable due to the leg, hip, and shoulder room. I only sat in a ranger and it was significantly more comfortable. I’ve always wanted a open air off road vehicle but due to the wranglers size it’s really never been an option for me. I feel like the bronco has given me that feeling of wanting to hit the wilderness and take my kids out in the bronco and spend more time with them outdoors. Kinda cheesy but it is what it is. ?
Agreed, I am just worried about so little storage

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yeesh, I didn't think the Bronco was going to be heavier than the Jeep.
I guess it makes sense since half of the front end of the Wrangler is plastic fenders.
I guess a 400lb. difference isn't all that bad. Possibly because of extra components in the front end and the thicker doors?
Ford Bronco My Real World Feedback Comparing Interior Size of Wrangler vs Bronco (Based on Similar Ranger Cabin) 1599568473825
Sponsored