Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to carry a 60+ lb backpack, it's now 35. Over time I realized I didn't need the extra weight. Some of that came from experience, and some of it came from others with more experience explaining how to do it better.

Relatively speaking my off-road confidence is about where I was at 55 lb backpack. Still learning and leaning on the others in the group. (Never wheel alone) I'm starting to build an effective kit. For example, I've not needed my air compressor but others in my groups have.
You should air down anytime you're going to hit a trail. Standard dirt or gravel road, no, but actual trails, yes.

Everyone needs their own compressor of some kind. If you run 33" tires or larger, it takes forever to air up and compressors run hot quickly.

I also don't take the entire kit everywhere I go; no need. However, I generally don't just bring my kit for me, but to help others. You'd be surprised at the simple looking stuff people can get stuck in particularly if it's been wet.

My kit also isn't all that heavy or extreme. tools and shovel go everywhere along with the Maxtrax. I also prefer soft shackles and don't normally travel with bow.

It's ok to have folks in your group specialize in stuff, but everyone needs to be able to recover their own vehicle. I don't wheel with guys with no gear.

Keep learning, plan, and spot where your wheels go by walking trails ahead first; that'll get you stuck far less.
Sponsored

sxgroup

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A+ for you my friend!! Thanks for the information, descriptions and a few items for my Christmas list. Hoping you all need these items as few times as possible.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SERE is a new term for me, but not a new concept!
i guess mainly the S-survive is mostly what applies...not as much need to evade, resist, and escape In off roading. Then again the whole reason we are out there is to evade, resist, and escape from the grind

OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I pulled the trama bag out of my truck to show the contents. I have taken stop the bleed and wilderness first aid classes, but each time I look at this stuff, I hope it never has to be used. The stress of getting something wrong and the lack of time to get it right makes me close this bag right back up. Time to schedule another stop the bleed course (they are free)....

Ford Bronco My Recovery Gear Set-up 2C985E9E-E31C-4F81-AF38-2A63EB1230C6

This kit is from Everlit survival and can be found on Amazon. A bunch of gauge, tape and pads, but the most important items are the tourniquet, chest seals and the compression. bandage. It also includes an nasal airway tube (no idea on the situation that would require it, although it would probably be evident) and a splint. I should stick the splint in my standard first aid kit. I would love to hear from our medical professionals if this is a reasonable kit or if there are things or quantities that are missing. Thanks.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This kit is from Everlit survival and can be found on Amazon. A bunch of gauge, tape and pads, but the most important items are the tourniquet, chest seals and the compression. bandage. It also includes an nasal airway tube (no idea on the situation that would require it, although it would probably be evident) and a splint. I should stick the splint in my standard first aid kit. I would love to hear from our medical professionals if this is a reasonable kit or if there are things or quantities that are missing. Thanks.
Thanks for sharing. Agreed, would love to hear feedback from the emergency/medical pros.
Sponsored