First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed the JcrOffroad table today. The handwritten instructions are OKAY but they need some corrections. They're using images probably from a Jeep table on some pages. Doesn't materially change the directions, but makes my OCD itch a little.

Overall, I'm impressed with the build quality; however, the powder coating job seems ... thin? I guess. There were 3 spots in the MOLLE side that missed powder coating and by just tightening some bolts using pliers to hold the nuts resulted in some bare metal showing (thankfully on the back side so not visible). Per JrcOffroad's response, there are a few spots on the MOLLE part of the table that have to get touched up from hang points, my unit must have missed that process.

They're rebating a small amount back so I can touch up with some textured black paint.

The bars connecting the bottom and top portion (longitudinally) have a slight bend in them making them less than a 90 degree angle and it makes it challenging to get a nut threaded to the bolt. You've got to get it absolutely perfect because there's zero room for deviation. This just adds to the time to assemble. I believe they included a bend in the bar so it can be flush with the tailgate ridge towards the handle of the tailgate.

One important thing to note. The way the table is designed, it prevents the cables from recessing properly to ensure a tight fit against the bumpers. I tried to document via video to show you what I'm talking about There needs to be another notch cut out on the other side of the mounting point to allow it to pivot correctly ( you can see it has room to move on the other side). Sending this feedback to JrcOffroad as well.

Ford Bronco My Review of the JcrOffroad Bronco Tailgate Table IMG_0403

Video:

The unit is solid, no rattles. Would give it 4/5 stars as a rating given the finishing quality of the pieces. I went with this over the OEM Ford unit because It's rated up to 60 lbs (vs 20lbs) and no drilling into the door at all (uses pre-existing holes). The "nut bars" are pretty ingenious solution for using existing holes on the gate.

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6-TAB.html

Finished pics and some of the powder coating issues below:

Ford Bronco My Review of the JcrOffroad Bronco Tailgate Table IMG_0400

Ford Bronco My Review of the JcrOffroad Bronco Tailgate Table IMG_0399

Ford Bronco My Review of the JcrOffroad Bronco Tailgate Table IMG_0394

Ford Bronco My Review of the JcrOffroad Bronco Tailgate Table IMG_0392
Sponsored

Last edited:

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the review. Did you see the install video or go solely with the PDF instructions? About how long did it take you?

I've got one ordered that should be here next week long before my Bronco.

OP
OP
ctowna

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the review. Did you see the install video or go solely with the PDF instructions? About how long did it take you?

I've got one ordered that should be here next week long before my Bronco.
Took me 3 hours... I went by both the video and the paper instructions. Alot of time to take off the spare wheel pieces and plastic pieces. The 2 vents gave me trouble. Then the trying to get the flat table top into the 3 inserts was a PITA. The tolerances are super tight so you gotta have to force it a bit at the risk of scratching up the powder coating (again - it's not very thick so I have some visible marks of me trying to get the table top into the slots )

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The cable is supposed to loop down when closing the table, not up. The cables have a 'pre bend' to them I noticed, and once I flipped them around, they tucked in nicely. Watch the install video on their website, it shows them looping down. Make sure you don't tighten the nuts too much on the ends of the cables so they can rotate freely.

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took me 3 hours... I went by both the video and the paper instructions. Alot of time to take off the spare wheel pieces and plastic pieces. The 2 vents gave me trouble. Then the trying to get the flat table top into the 3 inserts was a PITA. The tolerances are super tight so you gotta have to force it a bit at the risk of scratching up the powder coating (again - it's not very thick so I have some visible marks of me trying to get the table top into the slots )
Good to know. I'm gonna have a buddy who's handy help me install it. Figure it can't hurt to have a second set of hands and eyes.

Sponsored

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has the same minor missing powder coat but it's so small I don't mind but it feels like a solid and durable coating to me. I had the bad molle bent batch so my replacement is coming today. I have the wire a little tigher than you do but it doesn't get caught in the up position.

OP
OP
ctowna

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The cable is supposed to loop down when closing the table, not up. The cables have a 'pre bend' to them I noticed, and once I flipped them around, they tucked in nicely. Watch the install video on their website, it shows them looping down. Make sure you don't tighten the nuts too much on the ends of the cables so they can rotate freely.
Yeah the nuts aren't too tight, I made sure of that. Ah, good catch ... but how are most people supposed to know to look for that bend ? Seems very nuanced and warrants an update to the install instructions (IMHO).

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the nuts aren't too tight, I made sure of that. Ah, good catch ... but how are most people supposed to know to look for that bend ? Seems very nuanced and warrants an update to the install instructions (IMHO).
It could be added to the instructions as a note, agreed. I just noticed it when I was annoyed the cables were not going where I expected them too. Flipping them solved the issue.
I just installed this table last night, overall very happy with it so far!

OP
OP
ctowna

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Their response on the table. They're actually suggesting that I tighten it.... hmmmm. Given the design of the rails, that's going to be fun to attempt.

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 10.25.18 AM.png

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I received mine with one of the latches missing but as I wait on that to get shipped I threw table to together and put a twist in my lanyards ( install one end and before installing other end to the mollie panel twist lanyard 370deg so it curves in when you close table) eazy peazy

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I received mine with one of the latches missing but as I wait on that to get shipped I threw table to together and put a twist in my lanyards ( install one end and before installing other end to the mollie panel twist lanyard 370deg so it curves in when you close table) eazy peazy
I attempted to assemble my table tonight, but I am also missing one of the latches, as well as two of the nylon nuts for the latch bolts. Plus the hole for the right pivot bolt in the table was not drilled, but was drilled in the mating flange. 🤦‍♂️

I love the design and quality of some of the components in the fabrication, but some aspects of this otherwise awesome accessory — the picking of components parts, undrilled holes, and overall quality control — appears to have been lacking. :rolleyes:

I will be reaching out to @JcrOffroad in the morning to obtain the missing parts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ctowna

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I attempted to assemble my table tonight, but I am also missing one of the latches, as well as two of the nylon nuts for the latch bolts. Plus the hole for the right pivot bolt in the table was not drilled, but was drilled in the mating flange. 🤦‍♂️

I love the design and quality of some of the components in the fabrication, but some aspects of this otherwise awesome accessory — the picking of components parts, undrilled holes, and overall quality control — appears to have been lacking. :rolleyes:

I will be reaching out to @JcrOffroad in the morning to obtain the missing parts.
I get the feeling that they're not doing very thorough QC on these kits before they go out ... I think they'll fix it for you but it's certainly a hassle. I would ask for a small rebate amount back for your troubles.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great review.

I have installed another companies tailgate table, but I do like the appearance of this unit.

I also like the design of the MOLLE side but with a "no hole" table side when table down.

However, 3ish hours to install seems like a bear. Took me 15 minutes to the company I went with.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was shipped without the rubber bumpers. I’m going to contact JCR tomorrow. I also can’t get my table top installed. The tolerance is too tight on the tabs. And possibly was sized properly before powder coating. I’ve scratched the thing all to hell. There’s no way a plastic pry tool like he uses in the video will work. I’ve bent a small screw driver trying to get it together.

CTS-V

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
tried installing my table yesterday but I’m missing a latch as well. Sent an email yesterday to have them ship me another latch.
Sponsored