Sponsored

My SAS Badlands on the trail today, main takeaway: These tires suck!

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
12 psi, any lower and I was really going to start losing ground clearance due to flat tires....
Is it safe to do this with the stock Sasquatch wheels/tires? For just general off roading, not rock crawling, what is a good psi to be at? I know its a kinda vague question... trying to learn for when we take it off road.
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those tires are the biggest reason I opted to not get Sasquatch.

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it safe to do this with the stock Sasquatch wheels/tires? For just general off roading, not rock crawling, what is a good psi to be at? I know its a kinda vague question... trying to learn for when we take it off road.
Depends. General off-roading you don't really have to air down much. It will help a bit but the Sasquatch Bronco is super capable so really won't struggle in most general off-road situations. Going down to 20 psi will help in the mud and things like that, more tire on the ground. You only need to go super low if you're doing some more extreme stuff.

Lazarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of people like to trash talk 'em but they are pretty damn good tires, but i didn't expect them to be until i started getting them out on the trails and through bad weather. (They did really well in blizzard like conditions last winter) Anyway, i run them at 16psi on the trails and haven't had any problems yet, and I've taken over some pretty rough and rocky stuff.

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of people like to trash talk 'em but they are pretty damn good tires, but i didn't expect them to be until i started getting them out on the trails and through bad weather. (They did really well in blizzard like conditions last winter) Anyway, i run them at 16psi on the trails and haven't had any problems yet, and I've taken over some pretty rough and rocky stuff.
Yes good on-road. Yes decent in snow. Probably decent in sand and on slick rock at Moab(which is more like sand paper). BAD TERRIBLE AWFUL in mud with any clay content. Not good at all on rock ledges.

These tires are holding my Bronco back so much rock-crawling. No grip to climb rock ledges, they clog up and don't clear mud.

Sponsored

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wrong tires for that situation, no matter what they're called. You can see them spinning but not biting or clearing themselves. Hope that wasn't your nose that hit the horn, lol.

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrong tires for that situation, no matter what they're called. You can see them spinning but not biting or clearing themselves. Hope that wasn't your nose that hit the horn, lol.
For sure. It would have been nice if they would have had a few different tire choices for the Sasquatch package but I'm sure they wanted to cover their ass when it came to on-road performance and crash test stuff and a true MT wouldn't perform as well.

Not my nose fortunately. I do hit that horn quite a bit, stick out too far from the steering wheel.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up being super happy with those tires after 7K miles.
They do great on road with minimal noise and good performance, good on snow, good on rain and great offroad (I don't have muddy terrain here in Utah).
All of that considering it's by far the lowest weight for a 35" AT, sometimes 20lbs lighter than competitors. That helps with accelerating, breaking and MPG.

The only thing that remains to be seen for me is durability, which I expect not to be great. If they only last me 20K miles, I'll replace with something else, but if I can get close to other A/T average mileage, I'll stick with those in the future.

Lazarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes good on-road. Yes decent in snow. Probably decent in sand and on slick rock at Moab(which is more like sand paper). BAD TERRIBLE AWFUL in mud with any clay content. Not good at all on rock ledges.

These tires are holding my Bronco back so much rock-crawling. No grip to climb rock ledges, they clog up and don't clear mud.
Yeah i could see them sucking pretty hard in some serious mud (just don't have the right tread pattern for that) but haven't had any issues on the rocks. They have gotten me through some sketchy stuff just fine. However, i haven't ran any serious ledges yet, so i can't speak to that.

Yes, there are definately better tires out there, and i will probably be getting something different when i finish these (not quite sure what yet) However in my opinion they are a lot better than what many like to make them out to be.

Lazarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only thing that remains to be seen for me is durability, which I expect not to be great. If they only last me 20K miles, I'll replace with something else, but if I can get close to other A/T average mileage, I'll stick with those in the future.
Yeah im at 15k miles and they do have noticable wear. Ill probably be swapping them out in the next couple months (probably at or before 20k)

Sponsored

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Depends. General off-roading you don't really have to air down much. It will help a bit but the Sasquatch Bronco is super capable so really won't struggle in most general off-road situations. Going down to 20 psi will help in the mud and things like that, more tire on the ground. You only need to go super low if you're doing some more extreme stuff.
Thanks! Was just trying to make sure going that low wouldn't have them coming off the rims.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought they did OK at the off-roadeo. Certainly good for an OEM tire but i'm pretty sure my first "mod" will be Duratrac's since the factory tires aren't severe service rated.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... but they are MT tires so you'd think they could handle a little tiny bit of mud.
They are NOT mud tires, the MT is just a name, probably cooked up by their marketing people, stands for "max traction." Yes it's misleading and somewhat disingenuous on their part to name it like that, but what can you do? 🤣
Sponsored