First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotten pretty used to my old $runner where I took out the rear seat and got it relatively well set up (for me) for overlanding and some extended trips. Not looking to tear into this that much, at least not for a while, so it's matter of trying to fit the proverbial 10lbs of sh!t in a 5lb bag.

First and foremost was the fridge, gotta keep the oat sodas cool, and maybe some food too. Looked at the off the shelf options, holy bejeebus they are expensive, and don't quite fit what I wanted anyway. Did give me some ideas though.

Took out the rear floor and used it as a template for a plywood base. Gave me a good floor to attach things too and make it relatively easy to change back out to the original floor. I wanted to maintain access to the jack without having to dismantle everything, with the width of the fridge enclosure, you couldn't remove the jack. I was going to just fab up a support on the floor next to the fridge, but realized I could just store it in the storage compartment if I cut an access hole. I have a cover for that side that will be held down with industrial velcro.

I put some threaded inserts into the plywood base and the fridge enclosure is bolted down to that. I set the fridge far enough away on the drivers side so I can slip a folding table we have along with some other camping items along there, helped with dealing with the bumpout on the rear door.

Gonna put a coat of bedliner on it, still needs a lot of cleanup/finish on it. Of course, still gotta figure out how to power it, may go simple and get a small 300w battery pack. We're typically moving most of the time so don't need to power the fridge except over night.
Ford Bronco My take on a DIY fridge slide system. 20221026_110228
Ford Bronco My take on a DIY fridge slide system. 20221026_113906
Sponsored

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look at that MacGyver'ing! Love it.

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotten pretty used to my old $runner where I took out the rear seat and got it relatively well set up (for me) for overlanding and some extended trips. Not looking to tear into this that much, at least not for a while, so it's matter of trying to fit the proverbial 10lbs of sh!t in a 5lb bag.

First and foremost was the fridge, gotta keep the oat sodas cool, and maybe some food too. Looked at the off the shelf options, holy bejeebus they are expensive, and don't quite fit what I wanted anyway. Did give me some ideas though.

Took out the rear floor and used it as a template for a plywood base. Gave me a good floor to attach things too and make it relatively easy to change back out to the original floor. I wanted to maintain access to the jack without having to dismantle everything, with the width of the fridge enclosure, you couldn't remove the jack. I was going to just fab up a support on the floor next to the fridge, but realized I could just store it in the storage compartment if I cut an access hole. I have a cover for that side that will be held down with industrial velcro.

I put some threaded inserts into the plywood base and the fridge enclosure is bolted down to that. I set the fridge far enough away on the drivers side so I can slip a folding table we have along with some other camping items along there, helped with dealing with the bumpout on the rear door.

Gonna put a coat of bedliner on it, still needs a lot of cleanup/finish on it. Of course, still gotta figure out how to power it, may go simple and get a small 300w battery pack. We're typically moving most of the time so don't need to power the fridge except over night.
Looks great! Works too! Did you get the slides from amazon? Links please.
Are you a member of the PNW Broncos group on 6G and FB? We are over 500 strong now!

OP
OP

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Very neat!

Sponsored

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
GREAT JOB!....Love the innovation! thanks for sharing!

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, you must really really like your beer super cold....
Sponsored