Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know, click bait. :)

Took my wife to the Tacoma event today. I knew what to expect from Cactus Gray as I've seen it on the Bronco Sport. I knew what to expect from tire sizes since I've seen 32s (compared to 35s) on Jeeps and other vehicles. I knew what to expect from other aspects of the vehicle from all the pictures, videos and descriptions on B6G.

But what really surprised me was the overall feel of the size of a Bronco. It feels small! And we only got see the 4-door versions! With all the talk about MPGs, I thought we were going to be viewing a bigger rig. I'm 5' 10" and skinny. My wife even smaller. Both of us thought the interior felt a little tight. Certainly not enough to turn me off of buying one, but it was a bit shocking. We both agreed we wouldn't want to do a road trip in the back seats. She said to me that the Bronco looked pretty big on the outside, but on the inside actually felt smaller than her Mazda CX-5 that we drove to the event in. I agreed.

I'm surprised this hasn't been a bigger issue here on B6G. We saw other people getting in the Broncos who were larger than us, and they looked a little crammed in there. I'm hoping Ford will do as other manufacturers have done and grow the vehicle over time. It could stand to be a little bigger.

Other than that, I loved the Bronco. And I am now seriously in love with the black steelies and the Grabbers. Fabulous look! The damn high package is a problem. If I could get the high package on the Black Diamond, I would do that trim in a second.

20210428_134052.jpg
Thank you for sharing this! I have a non Sas BD on order and though I really like the look of the BL on 33s for the four door, this photo helps confirm that I ordered the right thing for me. Those 32s look fine for me to run till I need new tires and then can go bigger, plus the steelies look great!

I drove our Jeep JK to the Bronco preview event, and to me the Bronco interior was comparable size wise and felt better, including having a place to rest my left foot in the automatic. I am 5’ 10
Sponsored

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those 32s look fine for me to run till I need new tires and then can go bigger, plus the steelies look great!
That's a whole other topic related to perception and expectations. All these people saying that even 33s will look too small on a 4 door Bronco must be staring at rock crawling buggys with massive tires all day. From my perspective the 32s looked perfectly suited to the size of the Bronco.

Hooper

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan rogue, have reservation for new bronco 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been wondering about this, I have a few extra pounds and don't want to feel squeezed in. I won't see one in person until May 22.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope you mean May 22nd and not May 2022. :D

Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread to me seems like the usual, 5' guys driving jacked F350s while us 6'+ guys drive lowered civics. That being said I'm 6'6" and guys less than 6'4" will never know what it's like to try to comfortably fit in most vehicles. It's not the overall interior size but headroom and legroom that is key. We used to have a CX5 but got bored of it and traded it in for an MX5 RF which I lowered the seats so I can just barely fit in now. Also I think the Wranglers are quite spacious and another comparison is when we recently sat in the new Ranger, my wife says "this interior is small especially compared to our Grand Cherokee" but I had ample headroom and legroom so it didn't feel small to me compared with vehicles like a 4Runner, H2, or most other vehicles lacking headroom and legroom. It's all in perspective and from a tall guys perspective the Bronco is roomy. :)

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's a whole other topic related to perception and expectations. All these people saying that even 33s will look too small on a 4 door Bronco must be staring at rock crawling buggys with massive tires all day. From my perspective the 32s looked perfectly suited to the size of the Bronco.
Agree - the Badlands I climbed up into was high high off the ground, and I’m a big dude.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today the internet has been weighed and found lacking. I searched for a GIF where the person walks up to a small tent, enters, and walks into a palace room (or similar), you see it on sci-fi fantasies a lot. Could not find a damn thing, if you do pls share.

That would have been perfect for this thread.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Today the internet has been weighed and found lacking. I searched for a GIF where the person walks up to a small tent, enters, and walks into a palace room (or similar), you see it on sci-fi fantasies a lot. Could not find a damn thing, if you do pls share.

That would have been perfect for this thread.
That's funny because I actually went looking for a GIF too, but the opposite direction. I was hoping to find a Jeep clown car with 12 huge guys getting out of it. :D

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I searched for a GIF where the person walks up to a small tent, enters, and walks into a palace room (or similar), you see it on sci-fi fantasies a lot. Could not find a damn thing, if you do pls share.
Not a GIF, but I think this should work for your purposes.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get what the OP is saying. I remember getting into G wagons and Jeeps for the first time and thinking they were smaller than I expected. Not necessarily that they were too small to buy, just that from the outside when you have to step up into them your brain expects one thing and your eyes see something else.

I'm expecting it to look bigger on the outside than our Pathfinder, yet be slightly smaller on the inside than our Pathfinder. Which will be true based on objective measurements.

I appreciate the photos and review of the 32" BD wheels/tires. I'm on the fence about swapping out immediately or waiting.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Created a post here months ago... like 6 months ago.. that the Bronco is the same size as the older body on frame Ford Explorer (pre-2011 models). Bronco even has the same ground clearance at the Explorer.... I was accosted at the time for that post... No one would accept that.

At any rate, its actually the perfect size. Very maneuverable off-road, as well as, in traffic and parking lots.
It will Not look menacing in the rear view mirror of a Prius...
You will not be a small man in a large truck... as is so common in large truck owners.
But, after riding it in and seeing first hand what it can do off-road, over rocks, and at highway speeds, the Bronco definitely walks the walk.
You'll be a badass MFer in a vehicle that can go where no other production vehicle can... and in style.

To me, at least, its the perfect size.
I have one of those, on 32s no less. It's bigger than I like for offroading. You have be very careful not to take a window out on a tree. But at 6' 220lb, it's more interior space than I could ever need.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah and that bar above his head is what I smacked my head on when I sat in the back seat. Apparently it’s only there if you have a soft top. I wish I could have checked out a hard top too.
Although I will say it seems the bad in that one goes up and the one I sat in the bar went almost straight across. I’m wondering if there are different versions of it in the pre-productions.
So I am 6'1" and I wasn't hitting the rollbar when sitting in the back seat and didn't notice in the front seat in the soft top version. I am ordering the hardtop anyways.

My only complaint/concern was the limited amount of legroom in the back seat when I adjusted the front seat to be comfortable for me. I am ordering the manual so I don't want to be cramped when shifting. I could probably pull the front seat up another 2" and be OK driving, which would make for a more comfortable back seat ride, but I was hoping for more rear seat room.

I am planning on doing a lot of fly fishing with family in this rig and getting in/out with waders and boots in the back seat probably won't be much fun. My cousin has a 98 Toyota 4runner that has more back seat space.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was another interesting aspect of the 4 door Black Diamond. The tires were the 17" black steel rims and the Ford guy said they were 33" tall. They looked fine. But I took a photo of them and they looked like a spare tire doughnut in the photo. I showed the photo to the Ford guy and he agreed. They look much better in person, but look really diminutive in photos. I am now thinking of saving some $$$ and not getting the Sasquatch package.
Sponsored

Reactions: Td3