First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife & I sat in a 4 Dr Badlands and thought it wasn't much wider inside than our Subaru Impreza. It isn't. There is more width in the footwells, though not more legroom. The side windows are not tilted inward as much as the Subaru, and the windshield is far more upright. Our perception is the Bronco felt "roomier" due to various factors (the top wasn't on, so that falsely made it feel more spacious) but it's about as wide inside as a compact car. We were both comfortable in the Bronco. Reminded me more of our S10 or Ranger inside than a full size pickup. For reference, I'm 5"11" and she's 5'2"; both on the thin side. Here are some factory interior dimensions to compare.
Ford Bronco My takeaway (one surprise) Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 12.31.30 PM
Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I joke, don’t go off on me. I’ve been waiting to use that quote for awhile now.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife & I sat in a 4 Dr Badlands and thought it wasn't much wider inside than our Subaru Impreza. It isn't. There is more width in the footwells, though not more legroom. The side windows are not tilted inward as much as the Subaru, and the windshield is far more upright. Our perception is the Bronco felt "roomier" due to various factors (the top wasn't on, so that falsely made it feel more spacious) but it's about as wide inside as a compact car. We were both comfortable in the Bronco. Reminded me more of our S10 or Ranger inside than a full size pickup. For reference, I'm 5"11" and she's 5'2"; both on the thin side. Here are some factory interior dimensions to compare.
Ford Bronco My takeaway (one surprise) Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 12.31.30 PM
Yeah look at that headroom on the Bronco! That's why us tall guys are so enthused :love:

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TOCU

Top off, ceiling unlimited!

Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to point out something. When the Broncos were at KOH and Moab, even that one in East Tennessee, no one posted they were "surprised" by the size. The folks there were the ones familiar with these type vehicles, their actual purpose, and may I say the intended market segment. Only since the showings have been at dealers where the "general population" have had access to them has there been these threads.

The first thing I did after the Bronco release was to look up the dimensions to make sure it fit in my trailer. The only thing I was disappointed in was the lack of lift on the sas package, and that too was expected.

Was this everyone's expectations? Black arts?

Ford Bronco My takeaway (one surprise) tent GIF

Thanks Td3

Also, never want to pass up a chance to point out how lucky we are in this country..... ironically, they look happy, and we have riots in our streets.

I've spent more time out of the country other than Iceland, spent years in Middle East, Asia, Africa, and months in Europe, East and West.

Where below is the "middle class" in a very large part of the world. Say what you want it is way better than walking and bicycles.

Ford Bronco My takeaway (one surprise) 1619715976643

Last edited:

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to point out something. When the Broncos were at KOH and Moab, even that one in East Tennessee, no one posted they were "surprised" by the size. The folks there were the ones familiar with these type vehicles, their actual purpose, and may I say the intended market segment. Only since the showings have been at dealers where the "general population" have had access to them has there been these threads.

The first thing I did after the Bronco release was to look up the dimensions to make sure it fit in my trailer. The only thing I was disappointed in was the lack of lift on the sas package, and that too was expected.

Was this everyone's expectations? Black arts?
Agreed I was a bit disappointed in the ground clearance with SAS but 🤞 the clearance is to the rear pumpkin which would be decent.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone who drives a 07 Scab F150 daily, I'm right at 6' and about 290 give or take, It's got way more room than I imagined. I also have 3 FSB, and siting in the 4 door I felt right at home. Now is it as roomy to the right of the driver as my FSB or F150, no but it has plenty of room. Hell even the two door surprised the hell out of me of how much room was actually in it.
Same for me, I'm 5'10 and fat (275) and found both the front and back more roomy than expected. I daily a 4 door F-150 and used to daily a 2006 Jeep LJ (long wheelbase 2 door) so that was what I was comparing the Bronco to. Way more comfort/room than expected.

I'm looking forward to downsizing vs. my current truck while driving/parking in urban environments.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like the real challenge comparing vehicles size nowadays is that we have small houses on wheels at the top end of the market like the Infiniti QX, Expedition, or heck even the Ford Explorer! My wife sat in the Explorer and looked like a child perched on a high chair! I could barely get in an old Ranger but the new one I don't need to even put the seat all the way down or back! The one that's gonna be the craziest is the new Hummer EV, this measurement comparison from MotorTrend is almost hilarious!
Ford Bronco My takeaway (one surprise) h2VsEV

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did not realize the fervor I would set off by making a comment on my admittedly false expectation.

The one part I would revise is my comment about Ford possibly growing these vehicles a little bit in the future. It appears they are the perfect size as they are. So be it. I can live with it's current dimensions.

I'm not sure I've ever been referred to as the "general population", but I guess in regards to non Jeep going hardcore off roarders, I'm in that category. Another thing I'm fine living with. đź‘Ť

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to say that I'm not knocking it. I get it that it's an off-road vehicle. It was just the one thing that surprised me after reading all the posts and viewing the videos.
I used to live in Kent and drove a bright yellow JK all over the place up there. It was smaller than the Bronco on the inside from my experience at the Moab ride-along. Lots of great wheeling in your area. We used to go up Naches Pass a couple of times a year and there are some narrow spots, not to mention the wood bridges you cross.

I tore off a fender on one of the roads in the FS 70 complex out past Green River. Had the wife in the Jeep and it was straight up on the left and an 800 ft drop on the right, guaranteed to bounce at least once on the way down. She never went with me again. Those kinds of places, you'll appreciate the intimacy of the Bronco.

The white four door in the background of this pic belongs to a friend of mine who owns the Gold Creek Saloon in Chinook Pass. Definitely worth a stop after a day out on the trail, great food and really nice people. The photo was taken at Government Meadows along the Jeep trail up there in 2016.

Ford Bronco My takeaway (one surprise) IMG_20161030_154347

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not realize the fervor I would set off by making a comment on my admittedly false expectation.

The one part I would revise is my comment about Ford possibly growing these vehicles a little bit in the future. It appears they are the perfect size as they are. So be it. I can live with it's current dimensions.

Im not sure I've ever been referred to as the "general population", but I guess in regards to non-Jeep going hardcore off roarders, I'm in that category. Another thing I'm fine living with. đź‘Ť
There's nothing wrong with that! You have a lot of options in your area for some really great places to go and your Bronco will get you there. and should do it just fine the way it comes from the factory. I don't know if it's the perfect size. It's the right size for me. Haha, I told my wife that we'll sit a lot closer together in the Bronco than my current Ram. I don't know if she thinks it's a bonus or not!

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure I've ever been referred to as the "general population", but I guess in regards to non Jeep going hardcore off roarders, I'm in that category. Another thing I'm fine living with. đź‘Ť
I guess you could take the categorization as a negative, in-group vs. out-group. I really meant it as statement of plain fact, no harm intended. There are many, many subjects in the world where I look to others expertise. Would you prefer the term non-enthusiast? I can be the sensitive type.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I just went and sat in my friend's Scout. Feels pretty roomy in there. I think it's because the dash is more set back. Also it may be a wider vehicle (I don't know), but there is more room between passenger and driver than it felt like in the Bronco.
It's been a while since I've been in another friend's Jeep Scrambler. I'll have to check that one out again too. Both are very capable off road vehicles.

The ultimate comparison test will be when I get my Bronco and make these guys hit the trails with me. đź‘Ť

Ford Bronco My takeaway (one surprise) 20210429_111301

Ford Bronco My takeaway (one surprise) 20210429_111356

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The interior? Really?

I keep thinking about those videos posted where guys over 6' were talking about how roomy it is. They must be paid Ford employees.
Nah, not a paid Ford guy and the interior seemed fine to me for what this vehicle is. I'm 6'4 about 220 and I thought there was way more room than I was expecting. Much more than a JL which I couldn't buy last year because I didn't fit. I actually drove my 2016 CX5 to the event as well and thought there was as much, if not more room in the Bronco, especially head room.

I do agree on the backseats, however. Idk if there was structural limitations or what, but they're pretty terrible for a vehicle this size. My head was up against the cross bar and I had to "manspread" to fit with the seat in front of me. The CX5 for sure has more room in the back seat, and it's not even close IMO. But it's almost a non factor for us since we don't have any kids and just a 40lb dog that will ride back there.
Sponsored