Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I actually found it to be a perfect fit @ 6ft 218lb. I wish the back seat had a little more room but it is what it is. All in all I was pretty much blown away seeing it in person. Especially the Squatch package.
Sponsored

askdes

Badlands
First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Registered for Ford Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Came back from the Tacoma event today with a few takeaways:

1) The bronco is just the right size for me. I'm 6' & 225 lbs. Wife is 5' 10" and thin. we both fit comfortably in together in the front and the back is workable(the back seat is clearly not made for a big guy like me, but I could do it if I had to, but it'll be my Bronco so that's going to be rare!)

2) "Just a little bit bigger than a Jeep" kind of everywhere! I was looking hard at a 4 dr. Jeep last year and decided to wait and see what the Bronco will look like and I'm glad i did!

3) Black Steelies on the BD were cool & the perfect size for that truck (and it was a 4 dr. - 2 dr. would look even a little better I think!)

4) 12" screen was great - I can watch all my YouTube videos on it!

5) MGV is great - wife said the preferred how it felt over the well-used leather on the demo (imagine after a few years!?!)

Glad I purchased 2 dr. Badlands, 33" with MIC. Sadly our stop didn't have a Badlands, it didn't have a 2 dr. and it didn't have my color (ANTIMTTR) but between the Black Diamond and the OBX with the LUX package that were shown, I could piece together my future experience and I'm super excited!!!

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As someone who is 6'3" and 300 lbs, I felt really comfortable in it during my ride along at Super Celebration East. I like feeling like I'm a part of the vehicle when I drive it so the Bronco was just right for me as a passenger and I can't wait to get behind the wheel. To each their own, but after driving 3 very different cars during my driving age I've never been more excited to get behind the wheel of this one. The first car was a '91 Saturn SC2, Then a '04 Dodge Dakota, and currently a '15 Kia Optima, this will likely be the largest vehicle I've owned. My wife has a '19 EcoSport and that feels tiny to me, but still not uncomfortable.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who is 6'3" and 300 lbs, I felt really comfortable in it during my ride along at Super Celebration East. I like feeling like I'm a part of the vehicle when I drive it so the Bronco was just right for me as a passenger and I can't wait to get behind the wheel. To each their own, but after driving 3 very different cars during my driving age I've never been more excited to get behind the wheel of this one. The first car was a '91 Saturn SC2, Then a '04 Dodge Dakota, and currently a '15 Kia Optima, this will likely be the largest vehicle I've owned. My wife has a '19 EcoSport and that feels tiny to me, but still not uncomfortable.
I'm right about your size and I finally got to sit in a bronco today..I was afraid that I wasn't going to fit comfortably after all I've read on this forum..I'm extremely happy to report that I was very comfortable, and it felt way bigger than I thought it was going to be. It definitely has more hip space than my fj cruiser. Tons of leg and head room. My shoulders were completely fine next to the b pillar. It was only when I rested my elbow on the door sill did my shoulder touch the b pillar ever so slightly. I even sat in the back and it was decently comfortable behind my driving position. I honestly have no idea what people are talking about saying that the space is cramped and I'm sure I'm bigger than most people. So excited to get this truck now.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Couple of things:

First, have you ever seen an Early Bronco? This is exactly what Bronco fans wanted, a revival of the original (smaller) Bronco (we won't talk about the abomination that is the Bronco II). I had a 75, hurts me to even think about the fact that I sold it.

Second, clearly you have never had a full size Bronco on the trails. I have (2 of them), and there are lots of trees with paint on them because of it. It's hard to trail full width vehicles anywhere there are trees. Don't get me wrong, I loved my full size Broncos, but I loved my Early Bronco more.

Maybe you should just buy a Raptor.
...you mean that abomination that was almost identical to the original in size, power and ground clearance with much better highway and economy characteristics? That abomination? Sorry, I'm easily triggered...

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...you mean that abomination that was almost identical to the original in size, power and ground clearance with much better highway and economy characteristics? That abomination? Sorry, I'm easily triggered...
No removable top = not a Bronco (yes I realize the 5th gen "technically" didn't have a removable top because the rear shoulder belts were built into it but you could still take it off).

As to comparability and ground clearance, I wonder how quick you'd snap the axles in 7.5" rear-end with 35s and a locker (if they even make lockers for a 7.5"). Probably wouldn't make it down 1 trail..... The 8.8 isn't the best rear-end out there but I can say it held up for me with 36" super swampers and a Lincoln locked diff (they do make lockers for the 8.8 but I was too cheap).

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No removable top = not a Bronco (yes I realize the 5th gen "technically" didn't have a removable top because the rear shoulder belts were built into it but you could still take it off).

As to comparability and ground clearance, I wonder how quick you'd snap the axles in 7.5" rear-end with 35s and a locker (if they even make lockers for a 7.5"). Probably wouldn't make it down 1 trail..... The 8.8 isn't the best rear-end out there but I can say it held up for me with 36" super swampers and a Lincoln locked diff (they do make lockers for the 8.8 but I was too cheap).
Wasn't talkin about highly modded rigs, 36's and all ....stockish to stockish....that three on the tree was sweet on that EB! i had a LSD on my Ranger with a 7.5.

Removable top, what if you had a EB with a removable top that was never removed...is it still a Bronco??

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wasn't talkin about highly modded rigs, 36's and all ....stockish to stockish....that three on the tree was sweet on that EB! i had a LSD on my Ranger with a 7.5.

Removable top, what if you had a EB with a removable top that was never removed...is it still a Bronco??
I wouldn't consider a 4" suspension lift and 36" tires "highly modded". I did have a posi in it for like 5 minutes but the clutches didn't hold up too well with all that rotating mass (thus the Lincoln lock).

The thing is the second you try and upgrade a Bronco 2 to be even somewhat capable offroad you realize that you'd be better off throwing it in the trash. There are a number of reasons for that, not the least of which would that the Bronco 2 was terribly unstable, so much so that 1 in 500 produced were involved in fatal rollover accidents.

My 75 EB didn't have a 3 on the tree, it came with a C4. I put a TCI valve body in it (along with a Detroit Locker in the rear-end), it would hit so hard shifting from 1st to 2nd under full throttle that it would bark 35" tires. I never had the hard top on it, so ya, it was definately a real Bronco...

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco 2 is to Bronco as Mustang 2 is to Mustang: Is it? Maybe kinda?... Umm, no, not really, like not at all. I guess they all have horses on them so there is that.

No offense intended, my first car was a 76 Mustang 2. It. Was. Awful.

Cajun_Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’d be curious to see what correlations exist between someone’s impression of the bronco’s size and that person’s daily driver.

When people who normally drive pickup trucks get in my Wrangler for the first time they’re always surprised at how small it is.
I daily drive a 2014 Honda CR-V and like OP am also 5’10” and skinny. I saw the Bronco yesterday at an event and thought it was HUGE. I loved it. It looked and felt bigger than I thought, in a good way.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I daily drive a 2014 Honda CR-V and like OP am also 5’10” and skinny. I saw the Bronco yesterday at an event and thought it was HUGE. I loved
I'm glad to have set your expectations low! :p

schiesz

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
She said to me that the Bronco looked pretty big on the outside, but on the inside actually felt smaller than her Mazda CX-5 that we drove to the event in. I agreed.
Sorry, I was three pages deep before I realized I read this wrong initially. I thought it said MX-5. And then the later guy asking about the storage in the Bronco compared the "MX-5" (yep I kept seeing it that way).

I thought we had a bunch of comedians in here...

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry, I was three pages deep before I realized I read this wrong initially. I thought it said MX-5.
Well, you're not really wrong if we are talking about the 2-door Bronco. 😜
Sponsored